Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Vrabel on 4th-down call: I felt like we deserved to win

Vrabel on 4th-down call: I felt like we deserved to win

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ved-to-win

While Colts coach Frank Reich gets questioned for going for it on fourth down not playing for the tie, Titans coach Mike Vrabel is praised for his decision to eschew a game-tying field goal attempt.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tack town love em some Vrabel
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Sure, everyone loves it when it works. But in all honesty, should have never come down to that play. There was a lot of desperation playcalling that had some big assists from non-players. If tack fans believe this type of gamesmanship is going to continue to work in their favor, there is going to be some rather large implosions in the near future. The tack offense is extremely flawed and without some decent defensive play, tacks are 1-3 at best. In fact, I'll call it now...next quarter of play they have one W.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-01-2018, 12:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Sure, everyone loves it when it works. But in all honesty, should have never come down to that play. There was a lot of desperation playcalling that had some big assists from non-players. If tack fans believe this type of gamesmanship is going to continue to work in their favor, there is going to be some rather large implosions in the near future. The tack offense is extremely flawed and without some decent defensive play, tacks are 1-3 at best. In fact, I'll call it now...next quarter of play they have one W.

lol so much salt

(10-01-2018, 12:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Sure, everyone loves it when it works. But in all honesty, should have never come down to that play. There was a lot of desperation playcalling that had some big assists from non-players. If tack fans believe this type of gamesmanship is going to continue to work in their favor, there is going to be some rather large implosions in the near future. The tack offense is extremely flawed and without some decent defensive play, tacks are 1-3 at best. In fact, I'll call it now...next quarter of play they have one W.

[Image: DVZ6lA0W0AE9_cx.jpg]

Yeah becuz their defense is bad. They gave up 6 points to bortles for [BLEEP] sake

(10-01-2018, 12:42 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:

Yeah becuz their defense is bad. They gave up 6 points to bortles for [BLEEP] sake

??? I gave your defense credit. It's the offense that's been meh. I mean, they were only able to score 9 points on the lowely Bortles led Jags.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 01:12 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(10-01-2018, 12:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:42 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Yeah becuz their defense is bad. They gave up 6 points to bortles for [BLEEP] sake

??? I gave your defense credit. It's the offense that's been meh. I mean, they were only able to score 9 points on the lowely Bortles led Jags.

I misread your post. Yeah i'll agree with you. Tacks defense has kept em in these games. Passing game looked much better yesterday, still missing that pro bowl tight end though. And the run game needs some work. But with the new offense and all, i think they're pretty much on schedule

I admitted last week, vrabel winning a few games we werent supposed to win. The offense is coming. Corey davis will be a beast if he keeps progressing

It's all about context. Titans had moved the ball easily on the Eagles all 2nd half. No reason not to go for the win. The call Reich made was the right one too. Luck was destroying the Texans. The problem was the play call was very meh and Luck just unfortunately for them made a bad pass.

You play to win the game. You don't play to tie, and you don't play not to lose. You play to win. I'm so glad the NFL is getting away from the conservative play calling. God bless people like Sean McVay, Doug Pederson and Kyle Shanahan. Game is much better for it. And because of their success playing like it(and Belichick has some similar aggressiveness to him at times), you're gonna be seeing more and more of it.

I've been impressed with them because of the injuries they had to deal with and they still won. How they beat Houston with that OL and no Mariota is still a shock. Their coach seems to get it. I guess he learned a lot from his stint in NE about finding the ways to win a game given the variables the match up requires. TN has won three different ways this year already.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

Let's be honest. Titans play up to good teams and down to bad teams. No one on this board and probably no one on even the Titans board would be shocked to see the Bills win a defensive showdown this week.

(10-01-2018, 12:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:42 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Yeah becuz their defense is bad. They gave up 6 points to bortles for [BLEEP] sake

It's the offense that's been meh. 

^true. But, that's why all the gadget/wrinkle stuff and aggressive managing in certain situations.

That's what they have to do. So far, so good. 

Good defensive teams are ALWAYS competitive and have a shot at victories every week. Always have, always will.

That said, it wouldn't shock me in the least if they go up to Buffalo-land this week and get beat after a big emotional victory last week.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018, 11:41 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(10-03-2018, 11:25 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote: It's the offense that's been meh. 

^true. But, that's why all the gadget/wrinkle stuff and aggressive managing in certain situations.

That's what they have to do. So far, so good. 

Good defensive teams are ALWAYS competitive and have a shot at victories every week. Always have, always will.

That said, it wouldn't shock me in the least if they go up to Buffalo-land this week and get beat after a big emotional victory last week.

Its obvious you havent really been paying attention. Dont worry though, you'll catch on soon enough

Tacks have won 3 differnet games 3 different ways. Thats called good coaching. Vrabel has his boys so hard they'll beat anybody off the field.