Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Manish Metah can't handle the loss

This guy can't handle the fact they lost to Marrone so he has to go back to calling names.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/10...44064?s=19

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/10...60101?s=19

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/10...49248?s=19

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know a ton of Jets' fans and they had no issue with it.
The NFL is always "if you dont like it, then stop them"

I believe Enuwa said he would have done the samething. How come Mehta didn't quote him.

Mehta has been sour for ages; hated the Giants take down too. That's the Mighty Big Apple 0, Jacksonville 2. He can buzz off; the incessant tweets on the issue was curious indeed, but, I agree to a small extent. I wouldn't have gone for it, though I get Marrone's rationale.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Hmmm.

Do ya think that maybe Mehta has run across the Jaguars twitter fanbase before? And maybe he hopes that if he puts enough incendiary product out on Twitter that he'll get a response? And then that response may lead to low key popularity?

Nahhhhh
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

[Image: get-him-a-body-bag-yeahhhhhhhhhhh-15192625.png]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

This kind of stuff is the bread and butter for the beat guys at the Daily News and NY Post. It's par for the course every week.

He just want the clicks, people.

I asked him if he's grown up after his bush-league smear campaign that cost Marrone the Jets HC job. He hasn't responded.

(10-01-2018, 11:06 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I asked him if he's grown up after his bush-league smear campaign that cost Marrone the Jets HC job. He hasn't responded.

Ha, expect him to retort with some bland brashness.  Ole Doug is a Tremont Avenue, BX kat.  He doesn't give a freak.  You hear his press conference language and look at his demeanor; he's NYC through and through and would have handled the press there aptly had be become their coach.  They missed out, sucks to be em.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I mean I wasn't celebrating that the Jags went for two. If I was coaching I would have kicked the PAT. But to be mad about it is lame and weak. From a development stand point it in a way is good for both teams because how many times to you get to practice 2-point conversions against other teams haha.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 12:17 PM by UKJag.)

Even Todd Bowles is fine with it, this guy is just fishing for clicks.

At this point in a player and coaches career they realize if you don’t like something a team does (as long as it isn’t dirty, malicious or cheap) that you have to stop them. Remember when Marshawn Lynch was dancing like crazy against...was it also the Jets last year? Raiders were up big and the Twitter blue check marks tried to get up in a roar about Marshawn being classless and a player simply said he earned the right to dance because we couldn’t stop them. I understand where this writer is coming from. It would be crappy to see a team go for two against us when they were up big but life isn’t fair
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Manish was, is, and always will be trash

Who ?

(10-01-2018, 02:00 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Who ?

Long time jets beat writer for the NY Daily News. He has a history of Marrone bashing.  Non-story really.

(10-01-2018, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 02:00 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Who ?

Long time jets beat writer for the NY Daily News. He has a history of Marrone bashing.  Non-story really.

Thanks. 

It was the same drama last season in London, with the fake punt against the Ravens when we were up 37-0.

(10-01-2018, 02:42 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 02:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Long time jets beat writer for the NY Daily News. He has a history of Marrone bashing.  Non-story really.

Thanks. 

It was the same drama last season in London, with the fake punt against the Ravens when we were up 37-0.
exactly you dont get many opportunitys to practice plays during an actual game situation
cross that 2 pt conver off the list

the real answer is siimple. the offensse has sturggled to get points,he went for 2 in hope of makeing offensses confidiince stronger

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-01-2018, 03:21 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: the real answer is siimple. the offensse has sturggled to get points,he went for 2 in hope of makeing offensses confidiince stronger

Yeah, no.

Marrone on the subject on Monday:

Quote:*Marrone expressed surprise that his decision to attempt a two-point conversion leading 31-12 with :25 remaining Sunday has drawn attention nationally and in the New York area. While some have speculated the move was made because Marrone interviewed and did not get the Jets’ coaching position in January 2015, Marrone said that was not the case. He said the decision was made “way before” to attempt the two-point conversion because a touchdown would put the Jaguars ahead by 19 points, and the Jaguars’ “two-point chart” says to go for two when ahead by that margin. “When we scored, it was just natural for me to go for two,” Marrone said. “People who know me know how much I respect the game. I have a ton of respect for [Jets Head] Coach [Todd] Bowles, and [Jets General Manager] Mike Maccagnan is one of my good friends. Whatever happened in the past is the past; it had nothing to do with the people or the game itself that’s on the field. So, for me that’s exactly what happened – right, wrong or indifferent. I would never do anything like that. I just wouldn’t because I respect the game too much. It has nothing to do with any of the other crap.” Marrone added, “If I had to do it all over and I knew this was going to happen … yeah, I wish someone would have said something. Because the one thing I don’t want to do is get my character attacked, which has happened in the past and it happens again.”

-  Oehser  ^

And you can trace all of those character attacks back to one guy.