Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Manish Metah can't handle the loss

welp, that takes care of new york AND boston.....pretty cool.
on to kc
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 06:12 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(10-01-2018, 10:37 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: This guy can't handle the fact they lost to Marrone so he has to go back to calling names.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/10...60101?s=19

Busch league is using the term but spelling it Bush league, especially for a sports writer/reporter.

I’m glad you guys answered earlier who this was...

(mod edit)

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 10:47 PM by TheBigDawg.)

Frigging Gold right there from Rosenthal.

(10-01-2018, 06:51 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/statu...31681?s=19

Signature goes here.

I think Manish has previously had some salty articles about us...

(10-02-2018, 01:57 PM)Kane Wrote: I think Manish has previously had some salty articles about us...

Pretty sure he was on the Tyrod Train and dump to Blake.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-02-2018, 02:47 PM)BritJag Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 01:57 PM)Kane Wrote: I think Manish has previously had some salty articles about us...

Around the Jets game last year.  Berated Marrone (who apparently did bad things to Mehta's female relations; he's been on his tail for a while now) and Bortles.  Followed up with an 'I told you they were trash' write up after the overtime loss.  May have also had a few hot takes around Buffalo playoffs time but I'm not sure.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(10-02-2018, 03:01 PM)BritJag Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 02:47 PM)BritJag Wrote: Around the Jets game last year.  Berated Marrone (who apparently did bad things to Mehta's female relations; he's been on his tail for a while now) and Bortles.  Followed up with an 'I told you they were trash' write up after the overtime loss.  May have also had a few hot takes around Buffalo playoffs time but I'm not sure.

This is why I started the thread on him. Nice to piss him off

(10-01-2018, 06:02 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: welp, that takes care of new york  AND boston.....pretty cool.
on to kc

We still got the ACTUAL New York (Buffalo) team to play later in the season....

but I wouldn't worry about that

Who cares what this guy thinks. This is the NFL. If you don’t want the score ran up on you then stop it from happening.

Hey, this is pro football.

(10-02-2018, 07:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Who cares what this guy thinks. This is the NFL. If you don’t want the score ran up on you then stop it from happening.

Hey, this is pro football.

He doesn't even think it himself. He's just spewing manufactured controversy to generate traffic to his "articles."
This is how 80% of "sports journalism" operates now unfortunately.

(10-02-2018, 04:18 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 06:02 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: welp, that takes care of new york  AND boston.....pretty cool.
on to kc

We still got the ACTUAL New York (Buffalo) team to play later in the season....

I'll be at that game. Can't wait to break some tables!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 08:06 PM by Bullseye.)

I just wish he would have quoted or at least paraphrased former Ohio State head coach Woody Hayes.

When a reporter asked him why he went for two when the game was already well in hand, he said "Because they wouldn't let me go for three."

Where were all of these cries for football mercy when the Jaguars were on the losing end of these butt kickings?

Screw Mehta.

Screw the Jets.

Screw the Chiefs.

SCREW the tacks!!!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-02-2018, 07:53 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 04:18 PM)Kane Wrote: We still got the ACTUAL New York (Buffalo) team to play later in the season....

I'll be at that game. Can't wait to break some tables!!!

You lightin' them on fire or what?

(10-02-2018, 08:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I just wish he would have quoted or at least paraphrased former Ohio State head coach Woody Hayes.

When a reporter asked him why he went for two when the game was already well in hand, he said "Because they wouldn't let me go for three."

Probably my favorite football quote ever.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(10-03-2018, 10:03 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 07:53 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'll be at that game. Can't wait to break some tables!!!

You lightin' them on fire or what?

Is there any other way?

(10-03-2018, 11:02 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 08:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I just wish he would have quoted or at least paraphrased former Ohio State head coach Woody Hayes.

Probably my favorite football quote ever.

I don't know how I missed this one earlier, but to the best of my recollection, this is the first I've heard it.

It is a great quote.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018, 07:19 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-01-2018, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m glad you guys answered earlier who the [BLEEP] this was...
(edited)

I am certainly no fan of Manish Mehta.  He has offered any number of inane anti Jaguars articles over the years, and he deserves a healthy dose of bashing from Jaguars fans for his latest bout of whining.

That said, I will gladly accept the consternation and disapproval from my board mates for raising this issue, and I will take the warning from mods if need be, but why in the hell is the association made by the poster quoted here allowed to stand?

(10-03-2018, 07:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m glad you guys answered earlier who the [BLEEP] this was...
(edited)

I am certainly no fan of Manish Mehta.  He has offered any number of inane anti Jaguars articles over the years, and he deserves a healthy dose of bashing from Jaguars fans for his latest bout of whining.

That said, I will gladly accept the consternation and disapproval from my board mates for raising this issue, and I will take the warning from mods if need be, but why in the hell is the association made by the poster quoted here allowed to stand?

I'll second this.