Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles passing chart week 4

(10-02-2018, 09:29 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 09:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Won't be the last. 

Moncrief is fast enough to exploit #2 corners on several of the teams he'll face this season.

the beauty of the whole route was BB dropping a dime on him in stride right at the point he beat his coverage. Couple that with the mic'ed up piece of him giving hackette crap about making him throw back shoulder fades to him on previous routes and it has to make wonder how many times that read has been called lol.

Yep.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-02-2018, 09:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 09:29 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: the beauty of the whole route was BB dropping a dime on him in stride right at the point he beat his coverage. Couple that with the mic'ed up piece of him giving hackette crap about making him throw back shoulder fades to him on previous routes and it has to make wonder how many times that read has been called lol.

Yep.

Reminded me of the Keelan Cole catch against Seattle last year.

(10-02-2018, 09:30 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: We play into what defenses give us. Some teams live and die by giving us the underneath stuff, but we have some nice yac wideouts so we usually see great success when the shallow crossers are open. Tennessee played us perfect, took away the shallow stuff and we never made them pay by attacking them downfield like we did the Jets and Patriots. All it takes is one or two completions and you get a more honest defense. I am ok with how the offense is playing at the moment, but by November I hope we have some form of run game going.

I agree. and I think that the tacks had the perfect scheme of Dline pressure and coverage to take away those "one or two completions" that make a defense back up and honor our short pass game. That same honor opens up our run game that we never were able to establish in week 3. The TD from yeldon was a perfect example of what happens when a D drops into deep zone and only brings a few guys up front. It opens those short routes to big gains( like westbrooke vs the pats and yeldon vs jets). but with out cole flashing outside in week 2 and moncrief in week 4, those routes remain covered.

The one thing the tacks did that cause some of the problems was they had a spy on RBB5. everytime he rolled out he had someone on him. We did not spy mary and she ran all over us. I know we have a great defense but if they dont spy Mahomes he may do the same because we will have his receivers locked down. Also i read somewhere that the Secondary of the tacks was quite good and they were baiting RBB5 to throw deep by letting receivers appear to be open and he was congradulated for not taking the bait.