Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Grades Through 5 Games

Here I am grading the positions through the first 5 games.

QB: C (Most of it is the offense in general but Bortles has not looked himself but has been better the last couple weeks and is   minimizing mistakes.)

RB: C ( How do I grade this all I see is their "success" the first two yards and open field vision and cuts dont appear.)

WR: B ( They are still helping Blake a lot but a few crucial drops are hurting. Lee is becoming a useful weapon)

OL: D+ ( Passing wise they have been pretty good but the sheer ineptitude of their run blocking plummets their grade.)

DL: B+ ( The run game outside of SD has been solid and the pressure is there. Money talks)

LB: A ( Poz and Telvin have been beasts when not 1 on 1 with a WR, Doing a great job)

CB: B ( Ramsey is fantastic and with House now benched it will likely rise)

S: B (Outside of a busted play vs Colts the deep stuff has been very limited doing a solid job)

ST: A (nuff said Nortman and Myers have been money)

Coaching: D ( Coaching has been a problem in every game, stuff that we can fix appears and its ridiculous, dropping Ngakoue and Malik in coverage, forcing Bortles to sit in pocket. Then they had that SD fiasco. Been a disaster so far, some good but mostly bad.)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If the OL had a higher grade that would result in QB and RB having a higher grade. Which makes the coaching look good. OL needs to improve.

Quote:If the OL had a higher grade that would result in QB and RB having a higher grade. Which makes the coaching look good. OL needs to improve.
I agree completely, also let Blake move would help, all the success 2 weeks ago running and then nothing again???

Pass blocking has been great, though.

Man I would love to have Dallas' offensive line.

The root of the problems is still coaching, they are slow to react to our personnel. If oline is having trouble run blocking, try different runs, or get a FB and run an I formation.

They are slowly getting it together, but its a snail's pace.

I think we are missing Clay Harbor who did a lot of FB duties here

I agree with everything except online. Grade should be a little higher.

Quote:Here I am grading the positions through the first 5 games.

QB: C (Most of it is the offense in general but Bortles has not looked himself but has been better the last couple weeks and is   minimizing mistakes.)

RB: C ( How do I grade this all I see is their "success" the first two yards and open field vision and cuts dont appear.)

WR: B ( They are still helping Blake a lot but a few crucial drops are hurting. Lee is becoming a useful weapon)

OL: D+ ( Passing wise they have been pretty good but the sheer ineptitude of their run blocking plummets their grade.)

DL: B+ ( The run game outside of SD has been solid and the pressure is there. Money talks)

LB: A ( Poz and Telvin have been beasts when not 1 on 1 with a WR, Doing a great job)

CB: B ( Ramsey is fantastic and with House now benched it will likely rise)

S: B (Outside of a busted play vs Colts the deep stuff has been very limited doing a solid job)

ST: A (nuff said Nortman and Myers have been money)

Coaching: D ( Coaching has been a problem in every game, stuff that we can fix appears and its ridiculous, dropping Ngakoue and Malik in coverage, forcing Bortles to sit in pocket. Then they had that SD fiasco. Been a disaster so far, some good but mostly bad.)

I pretty much agree with all that except coaching I give a C-.   Insisting on running the ball when it wasn't working was bad play calling IMO, but finally going to a pass-heavy offense was a good decision and resulted in us pulling the game out at the end.  It's nice to say, we need to run the ball, but there's a game in progress, and we need to win.  Scrap the game plan and go with what works, for Chrissakes.   Which they FINALLY did.