Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All that wasted money

(10-10-2018, 12:34 PM)JNev Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 08:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Go check Cousins entire career. It’s better than anything Blake has ever done. Cousins lost to the Bills but Blake can’t beat the Titans if his life depended on it.... and the Bills beat the Titans.

Blake is just flat out not asked to do much in this offense. On the other hand, Cousins has been asked to win games with his arm. Not rely on the ground game and a defense.

Like arguing with a brick wall...

I guess people are just still afraid of advanced analytics and want to resort to the "eye test". Reminds me of the old geezers in Money Ball. "That pitcher has an ugly girlfriend, can't draft him" "He just looks like he won't pan out" "Sports aren't played on computers you nerds"

Cousins is 4-19 against .500 or better teams. That is unacceptable no matter if he's playing with Jarret Dillard and Jordan Todman as his supporting cast

If you were only half as smart as you think you are...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2018, 02:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 12:34 PM)JNev Wrote: Like arguing with a brick wall...

I guess people are just still afraid of advanced analytics and want to resort to the "eye test". Reminds me of the old geezers in Money Ball. "That pitcher has an ugly girlfriend, can't draft him" "He just looks like he won't pan out" "Sports aren't played on computers you nerds"

Cousins is 4-19 against .500 or better teams. That is unacceptable no matter if he's playing with Jarret Dillard and Jordan Todman as his supporting cast

If you were only half as smart as you think you are...

I’d still be 20x smarter than you...

Please Jnev keep telling us how Bortles is as good as Cousins.

Money well spent by Caldwell lol.

(10-21-2018, 04:55 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Please Jnev keep telling us how Bortles is as good as Cousins.

Money well spent by Caldwell lol.
GOT EM
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 05:17 PM by MoJagFan.)

All that money spent by fans for tickets this year.  Big time bummer and loss of promise.  Expectations ruined me and I fell into the hype train myself.  

Delusion goes like this....

Smart move with that Bortles signing.  We will be able to ride out this great young defense.
Hey not a bad draft pick selecting positions that are currently positions of strength.  Just smart to pre-replace the veterans you can release to save money.
Man Fournette lost some weight and is looking good.

During New England game, man coaches have it figured out and are going to play aggressive and no more "safe" gameplans that lose in the 4th Quarter.

Fool me once shame on me...  Just disappointed that I was duped by 2017.  Should have known better because Bortles was up and down and an overall laughingstock.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-07-2018, 06:08 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: hes right, a lot of bad moves.. keeping bortles was a massive mistake.. one that is likely to haunt us especially if we cut multiple defensive players after this season

the defense was EXPOSED today.. they are good, but they are not nearly as good as they think, or even some of us.  A lot of that I think is scheme, I think rushing 4 constantly and sitting in zone is just a waste of our talent

however, it is clearly the offense that continues to hold this team back in a massive way

we are going NO WHERE with this QB

Question:  Assuming we signed Cousins this past offseason, and we had the same slew of injuries we had on the offensive side of the ball, how effective would he be?

Would he be more effective than Bortles?  Not a stretch to suggest he would be.

But would he have been effective enough for us to have beaten KC...or Dallas the way the defense performed?

Would he have held up against the pass rush we saw today?

I think at the end of the day, we could have signed him to the same $84 million contract and have been just as disappointed with the results this year, because QBs still need a surrounding cast to succeed.

The difference is we would fall just as short of the Super Bowl this year as we are now, only we'd lose more of our defense.  We'd be better at QB, but ultimately not much closer to winning it all.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-21-2018, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question:  Assuming we signed Cousins this past offseason, and we had the same slew of injuries we had on the offensive side of the ball, how effective would he be?

But would he have been effective enough for us to have beaten KC...or Dallas the way the defense performed?

I think at the end of the day, we could have signed him to the same $84 million contract and have been just as disappointed with the results this year, because QBs still need a surrounding cast to succeed.

The difference is we would fall just as short of the Super Bowl this year as we are now, only we'd lose more of our defense.  We'd be better at QB, but ultimately not much closer to winning it all.

This makes too much sense!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-21-2018, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question:  Assuming we signed Cousins this past offseason, and we had the same slew of injuries we had on the offensive side of the ball, how effective would he be?

Cousins has the second highest passer rating when facing pressure and he has also faced the second most total snaps with pressure, so I don't know if it would be enough to completely overcome our offensive deficiencies but it would help a whole lot.

(10-21-2018, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 06:08 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: hes right, a lot of bad moves.. keeping bortles was a massive mistake.. one that is likely to haunt us especially if we cut multiple defensive players after this season

the defense was EXPOSED today.. they are good, but they are not nearly as good as they think, or even some of us.  A lot of that I think is scheme, I think rushing 4 constantly and sitting in zone is just a waste of our talent

however, it is clearly the offense that continues to hold this team back in a massive way

Question:  Assuming we signed Cousins this past offseason, and we had the same slew of injuries we had on the offensive side of the ball, how effective would he be?

Well thing is our entire playbook would be totally different. Cousins can make all the throws. Bortles can only do a screen, cross, and go. There's only so many times you can do that. Crazy stat.... this team hasn't seen a lead change ONCE this season. When they fall behind, it's over.

(10-21-2018, 10:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

Well thing is our entire playbook would be totally different. Cousins can make all the throws. Bortles can only do a screen, cross, and go. There's only so many times you can do that. Crazy stat.... this team hasn't seen a lead change ONCE this season. When they fall behind, it's over.

What a ridiculous thing to say. 

Bortles can throw curls routes as well.

(10-21-2018, 11:18 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 10:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Well thing is our entire playbook would be totally different. Cousins can make all the throws. Bortles can only do a screen, cross, and go. There's only so many times you can do that. Crazy stat.... this team hasn't seen a lead change ONCE this season. When they fall behind, it's over.

What a ridiculous thing to say. 

I get that you were trying to joke, but he actually can't...at least not an on time one. It was funny on the Moncrief catch where he caught the ball and immediately turned to brace for contact and then fell down wide open. He was so used to Bortles' baseball windup throws getting there late and then him getting hit immediately. He had no clue what to expect with a ball that was actually delivered timely.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 12:14 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(10-21-2018, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I am really surprised you posted this, Bullseye.

I think you've forgotten what a very good QB can do for your whole team. It just doesn't only affect the offense, it affects the defense and the whole team. 

Vikes D is not the same as last year and yet they are having a better season than us and it is mostly thanks to Cousins. If they had Keenum or Bortles they would be as bad as us or even worse.

I have no doubt our season would be much better if we had Cousins.

(10-21-2018, 11:22 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 11:18 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: What a ridiculous thing to say. 

I get that you were trying to joke, but he actually can't...at least not an on time one. It was funny on the Moncrief catch where he caught the ball and immediately turned to brace for contact and then fell down wide open. He was so used to Bortles' baseball windup throws getting there late and then him getting hit immediately. He had no clue what to expect with a ball that was actually delivered timely.

Eh. I think he gets them there reliably enough. He certainly has worse throws.

(10-07-2018, 05:53 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 19 millions or so on Bortles
Like 13 on Norwell
Moncrief
Lee
Hayden
ASJ

Norwell has been only ok all the others are mediocre at best, we could have had Cousins and A Rob. 

Fournette over Mahomes
Smoot might as well be released 3rd round pick wasted like B. Anger

And before someone says "but but but if we signed Cousins we wouldn't be to resign our great defensive players" well our "great" defense just got roflstomped by the #1 offense. 

Ngakoue is pretty good but not great, doesn't deserve to break the bank. His sack was, in part, thanks to Fowler.

Jags FO every year be like

[Image: giphy.webp]

[Image: shvl.gif]
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

(10-21-2018, 11:22 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 11:18 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: What a ridiculous thing to say. 

How about the throw that looked like a slow motion gif.  Only reason it wasn't a pick six is because the Texans corners blew their assignments and our receiver was open with a 5 yard cushion.  I'm done with Bortles.  I let my emotions override my reason last year.
The Khan Years

Does anybody have that slow motion gif

(10-22-2018, 01:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Does anybody have that slow motion gif

All the sites only have the fumbles and drops.  I don't have NFL Rewind so I can't create a clip.  It was crazy because I couldn't believe how open our WR was and how long it took for the ball to get there.
The Khan Years

(10-22-2018, 01:39 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 01:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Does anybody have that slow motion gif

All the sites only have the fumbles and drops.  I don't have NFL Rewind so I can't create a clip.  It was crazy because I couldn't believe how open our WR was and how long it took for the ball to get there.

That happens when you start aiming the ball. His mechanics are shot again, it's time for something else.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

MASSIVE MISTAKE....this can't be downplayed. We set ourselves back 5-7 years just by drafting him