Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drew Brees. All time passing yardage leader.

Damn. On a 62 yard TD bomb. What a way to do it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And to think the Chargers drafted Rivers and just let him walk. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that’s a blunder of epic proportions.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-08-2018, 09:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: And to think the Chargers drafted Rivers and just let him walk. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that’s a blunder of epic proportions.

Rivers has also had a spectacular career.

(10-08-2018, 09:53 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 09:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: And to think the Chargers drafted Rivers and just let him walk. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that’s a blunder of epic proportions.

Rivers has also had a spectacular career.

This is true, but Brees now has the passing record and a Championship. I’ll take that over everything Rivers has done to this point.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Rivers is going to go down as one of the best QBs to never win a SB. Right up there with Marino.

(10-08-2018, 10:04 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Rivers is going to go down as one of the best QBs to never win a SB. Right up there with Marino.

Unless he somehow wins one either this year or next, I have to agree with that sentiment.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-08-2018, 10:04 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Rivers is going to go down as one of the best QBs to never win a SB. Right up there with Marino.

Yep

I have always wondered what it would take to get Rivers, guy is a gamer.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Wow this game is a complete horror show for the Redskins. If I was Gruden I’d run the ball every play from here on out and get the hell out of there.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Do they keep him in long enough to get TD #500 at home?  They have a bye coming up, then the next two on the road.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Former San Diego Chargers QB Dan Fouts also comes to mind.

(10-09-2018, 04:10 PM)D6 Wrote:

^ Absolutely
He was great. 

He was just unfortunate in the playoffs to get defeated by Miami in an all-time classic game; and also having to play in the Freezer Bowl championship in Cincinnati. 

Terrible luck in that regard.

(10-09-2018, 04:10 PM)D6 Wrote:

Donovan McNabb, Warren Moon and Fran Tarkenton (though the first 6 years of his career were pre-Superbowl) all belong in that group as well.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

HAIL PURDUE
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

The Chargers drafted 2 hall of famers that draft.

Brees
Tomlinson

(10-11-2018, 08:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Chargers drafted 2 hall of famers that draft.

Brees
Tomlinson

Chargers went from Brees to Rivers

GB from Favre to Rodgers
Indy from Manning to Luck (though Luck has cooled)
SF from Montana to Young
Even ATL from Vick to Ryan

I like Blake, but man, that must be nice.

Im still laughing at the photos of the league/ref giving Brees the certificate saying all time passing yardage leader. They couldn't spring for a plaque or something?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo...ng-record/

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Putting on a passing clinic. He is unreal

Watching Brees after Bortles adds more unnecessary salt to the wound. Just two different worlds.

Brees is one of the rare cases an elite QB hits FA, and I couldn't think of a better fit for him than the Saints offense. Rivers is really good too. I wouldn't put him with names like Rodgers, Farve, Brees, Marino, Brady, Montana, or Manning. He is a guy that has played on some bad teams though, and his body of work is impressive. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Jags uni at all. He's a top 30-40 QB of all time, not many ahead of him production/talent wise.

I think this year's team wouldn't be much better with him, he would've been killed behind our line yesterday. This team needs to focus next off-season on WR, OG/RT and depth, in a bad way. TE is concerning too, ASJ needs to stay healthy and we need a good no.2 behind him. At this point, we should stick it out with Blake and the draft after next is the one you want to pick a QB.

Hopefully our defense is still remotely in tact by then. I think the single biggest mistake this regime has made was extending Bortles and not going after a competent QB, or drafting another one to compete with BB5 over the years.