Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles throwing motion.

I dont think this can be fixed, its too severe and ingrained into his mind on how to throw a football. He can no doubt get better, but he will always have a long wind up.

[Image: S9PzRcf.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Leftwich like.

Quote:I dont think this can be fixed, its too severe and ingrained into his mind on how to throw a football. He can no doubt get better, but he will always have a long wind up.

Wow.... slow too..... :whistling:

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

thats actual speed

Quote:thats actual speed

That's what I meant!

I think you're right that he'll always have a longer motion, but it was significantly better last year. And even this year when he's on the run its much more compact.

It can definitely be improved, and he's already done that before, just not sure what the issue is causing it now
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He shortened it a bit last season, but it's become elongated again this season.

Its not like he's trying to get it 60 yards down the field either, that was like a 10 yard pass.

It does suck but as long as he can make plays and get more accurate

That's textbook motion for throwing a baseball. Probably ingrained in his head and he can't separate the 2 sports when under pressure. 

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 08:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Horrible QB coach coaching, a great coach it would not look like that

Quote:He shortened it a bit last season, but it's become elongated again this season.

Yeah that's the issue with technique in any sort of performance profession. It needs to be practiced and practiced for at least 3-5 years before it becomes second nature. One year isn't going to do it, I hope Bortles knows this.

This is why BB plays better when running outside the pocket. Less predictability and locking on.

He looks uncomfortable out there, and when he presses you can see his mechanics go by the wayside, especially if he's under a heavy rush. His arm is strong enough, but he really has to load a catapult when he wants to chuck it.

Apparently throw the checkbook at Tom House to help him? Again ??

Jiffy Lube has better mechanics than Bortles right now.

Quote:Wow.... slow too..... :whistling:

Quote:I dont think this can be fixed, its too severe and ingrained into his mind on how to throw a football. He can no doubt get better, but he will always have a long wind up.

This is the throwing motion of a bust.

We need to fire our head coach, and also start drafting QB's...

I like BB5.  But this is not acceptable.  

He's been destroyed by our coaching staff.  I just wonder what would have happened if Gus was fired last year.  Imagine if they actually got a hard nosed coach that would not allow this type of slop QB play.

Cuz that's what this is.

This is slop.  This is slop QB play.  And the only way this slop is allowed is when you have a head coach that allows slop.

We have a slop HC.  And we have elite talent that has gotten accustomed to slop.

Quote:This is the throwing motion of a bust.

We need to fire our head coach, and also start drafting QB's...

I like BB5.  But this is not acceptable.  

He's been destroyed by our coaching staff.  I just wonder what would have happened if Gus was fired last year.  Imagine if they actually got a hard nosed coach that would not allow this type of slop QB play.

Cuz that's what this is.

This is slop.  This is slop QB play.  And the only way this slop is allowed is when you have a head coach that allows slop.

We have a slop HC.  And we have elite talent that has gotten accustomed to slop.

I've never seen the word 'slop' written so many times.

Gotta love all the ex-QB coaches on here!

Huh

BB5 is a lazy QB that has been allowed to be lazy by a lazy HC that doesn't know any better.

As a parent, I see this all the time.

Bad parenting leads to bad kids.

Bad coaching leads to bad players.

We're watching the talent that Caldwell brought in become corrupted by the abononation that is gus bradley.  

He should have been fired last year.  But no.  We had to wait.

Now look at us.  We're regressing right before our eyes.

But yeah, players not plays, right?  Right?

What happens when you see players get worse over time???  Still jimmy's and joe's and not X's and O's?

You morons, we lost another 3 years because of your stupid Vic Ketchmen stupidity.