Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles throwing motion.

Quote:I've never seen the word 'slop' written so many times.
There's another word I want to use...

And I want to use it alot.

This win is just slop on a pig.  

I'm not buying it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I dont think this can be fixed, its too severe and ingrained into his mind on how to throw a football. He can no doubt get better, but he will always have a long wind up.

[Image: S9PzRcf.gif]

Look at this throwing motion...

Just look at it.

Quote:There's another word I want to use...

And I want to use it alot.

This win is just slop on a pig.  

I'm not buying it.

Meh, a win is a win... it's 2 in a row, regardless of how and who against.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Look at this throwing motion...

Just look at it.

I know. Agree with ya here, TA. Do you really think it's unfixable now though?

Doyou think this staff has ruined him for good?

Quote:Look at this throwing motion...

Just look at it.

Has there ever been a really successful QB with a throwing motion as elongated as Bortles?

I can't think of any.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Has there ever been a really successful QB with a throwing motion as elongated as Bortles?Tebow, look at his win loss record. As long as we win!

I can't think of any.

Quote:I know. Agree with ya here, TA. Do you really think it's unfixable now though?

Doyou think this staff has ruined him for good?

I refuse to believe a 24 year old is "ruined for good"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If you pay attention, it varies during the game. Sometimes his motion is tighter and a lot of the time during broken plays and under pressure he reverts to the big wind up

Quote:If you pay attention, it varies during the game. Sometimes his motion is tighter and a lot of the time during broken plays and under pressure he reverts to the big wind up

Exactly why I feel it can be corrected
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 09:28 PM by badger.)

Quote:Exactly why I feel it can be corrected

It can get better but never eradicated. He's not Rodgers. He's not Brady. Never will be. He's our Russel Wilson type player. We can't ask him to carry the offense, but he is good enough to get the job done at highest level i think.

Man I can't stand looking at his throwing motion so bad ugh.
No Fun

On the Ivory TD drive he had that first chunk throw where he was scanning right to left and pump faked the ball several times before getting the nice YAC play down the left sideline.

All I could notice is that even on pump fakes he's bringing the ball below his waist...

Quote:It can get better but never eradicated. He's not Rodgers. He's not Brady. Never will be. He's our Russel Wilson type player. We can't ask him to carry the offense, but he is good enough to get the job done at highest level i think.
I wish he was Russell Wilson

It's become a major detriment. 

Again. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

"loaf of bread" technique

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 11:49 AM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:It's become a major detriment. 

Again. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

"loaf of bread" technique

Trying to make a play is a detriment? I'm sure Colts fans at 2-4 or Panther fans at 1-5 aren't blaming Luck or Cam for trying to make plays. Jags fans are awful; if it were up to inept fans like yourself, you would have drafted Johnny Manziel or Teddy "Backup" Bridgewater. 

Quote:It can get better but never eradicated. He's not Rodgers. He's not Brady. Never will be. He's our Russel Wilson type player. We can't ask him to carry the offense, but he is good enough to get the job done at highest level i think.

Russell Wilson is light years better than Blake, I'd be willing to take Dak Prescott over Blake too, there's something to be said about a quick/compact/tight throwing motion.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 11:57 AM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:Russell Wilson is light years better than Blake, I'd be willing to take Dak Prescott over Blake too, there's something to be said about a quick/compact/tight throwing motion.

Blake is better than all of those QBs in the two minute hurry up offense. Jags just decide to run it up the middle for 1.8 yards 40% of the time.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 12:00 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:Blake is better than all of those QBs in the two minute hurry up offense. Jags just decide to run it up the middle for 1.8 yards 40% of the time.

There's absolutely nothing that Blake can do that Russel Wilson can't do, comparing the two is comical, Wilson is better in every phase of the game. One can make the argument that Prescott is better in every phase of the game as well, yea he's playing behind an elite o-line but he reads coverage's better than Blake, is more decisive, has a better delivery, and throws a better/more accurate ball. Give me Prescott in the 4th round any day/all day over Blake at 3 overall.

Quote:Trying to make a play is a detriment? I'm sure Colts fans at 2-4 or Panther fans at 1-5 aren't blaming Luck or Cam for trying to make plays. Jags fans are awful; if it were up to inept fans like yourself, you would have drafted Johnny Manziel or Teddy "Backup" Bridgewater.

Dear Delusional-

Dropping the ball to his waist level before throwing made that fumble happen.

Sorry you can't understand that.

A more technically sound QB keeps that ball near his chest and pulls it to his ear prior to release.

It's poor technique any way you slice it, but it's fixable.

Sincerely-

Inept Fan

Quote:There's absolutely nothing that Blake can do that Russel Wilson can't do, comparing the two is comical, Wilson is better in every phase of the game. One can make the argument that Prescott is better in every phase of the game as well, yea he's playing behind an elite o-line but he reads coverage's better than Blake, is more decisive, has a better delivery, and throws a better/more accurate ball. Give me Prescott in the 4th round any day/all day over Blake at 3 overall.

Dear Mr. Monday Morning QB who wanted Johnny Manziel,

You don't have a clue. 

Dak is hot but is peaking too soon. He's a checkdown artist who will come back down to Earth the way Wentz is.