Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles throwing motion.

Quote:Dear Mr. Monday Morning QB who wanted Johnny Manziel,

You don't have a clue. 

Dak is hot but is peaking too soon. He's a checkdown artist who will come back down to Earth the way Wentz is. 

What are you talking about? It's clear the "Manziel" thing is your go to. Checkdown artist? Yea that's why he's averaging 8.17 ypa

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What are you talking about? It's clear the "Manziel" thing is your go to. Checkdown artist? Yea that's why he's averaging 8.17 ypa

Go read PFF. Dak has most checkdowns in NFL by percentage; next highest is Russell Wilson. It's only a matter of time before Dez Bryant goes irate because his QB can't get him the ball.

Stop bashing our franchise QB

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...anchise-qb

I really don't care about his throwing motion as long as he is accurate which has been the problem. Wobbly passes and inaccurate throws is due from his throwing motion. He literally looks like he is just slinging the ball backwards and spending too much time doing it. 

He needs to get to using that shakeweight stat

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 02:30 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:Trying to make a play is a detriment? I'm sure Colts fans at 2-4 or Panther fans at 1-5 aren't blaming Luck or Cam for trying to make plays. Jags fans are awful; if it were up to inept fans like yourself, you would have drafted Johnny Manziel or Teddy "Backup" Bridgewater.
Lol!

Let me guess space:

That fumble wasn't caused by Blake dropping the ball too low. It was the Defense's or O-line's fault there, huh?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

And, btw,, all this blaming Blake's struggles on this "inept" coaching doesn't really explain why last year he was "Elite" number-wise, when he had the exact same coaching last year too.

What's up with that?

Lol

Sincerely,

Inept Fan #2

Quote:I really don't care about his throwing motion as long as he is accurate which has been the problem. Wobbly passes and inaccurate throws is due from his throwing motion. He literally looks like he is just slinging the ball backwards and spending too much time doing it. 
Even if he does fix the accuracy and ball placement issues somewhat, he will always have a batted ball problem, a fumble problem, and a jumped route problem when defenders are getting an extra two tenths of a second to react to his passes that other QBs don't allow for. 

Quote:I know. Agree with ya here, TA. Do you really think it's unfixable now though?

Doyou think this staff has ruined him for good?

If I thought the coaches have ruined BB5, I think I'd be more apocalyptic than I am right now.  To me, it's clear that the coaching staff is so lacksidasical that it's making BB5 regress.  I think you bring in an hard nosed, offensive minded HC that has had QB success and we'll see BB5 progress in the right direction again.  I don't think he's ruined.  But I think keeping Gus around, and we wind up with a BB5 that never get's to be anything but a mediocre QB that can't ever really get the job done.

The reason I wanted Gus fired during the bye is for this very reason.  All these players need a fire lit under them.  The sooner the better.  Unfortunately, it looks like the soonest will be in January.  But...  Even with that said, I think BB5 still has the potential to be a top 8 QB with the right coaching.  We just need to get the right coaching in here.

Quote:Has there ever been a really successful QB with a throwing motion as elongated as Bortles?

I can't think of any.

So last night I was about to start a thread about Bernie Kosar...  I kinda thought better of it, since I was a bit tipsy.  But thinking of it now, I think he's the best example of a QB with terrible throwing motion that had success.

Bernie was a true competitor but had an aweful side-armed throwing motion.  Not quite the same as the issue BB5 has, but something comparable.  The difference is that Bernie's delivery still made him very accurate for that time in the NFL.  I fear that BB5's motion, with that long deliver creates accuracy problems for him as well.

Bernie's motion never was fixed, but he was still very successful, almost making it to the SB a couple times.  I'm not sure that BB5 would have that type of success.  But it may be possible.  Bernie was a tough QB and was a hard nosed competitor.  BB5 is very similar.  

I would prefer BB5 tighten up his motion as opposed to letting it stay where it's at, though.

Quote:wind up BB5 

I see what you did there

Jags fans are clueless for bashing Bortles. The coaching staff is holding him back.

Joe Nameth had 173 TDs and 220 INTs in his career. He played 13 years and 11 of those years he had more INT than TD with a 65 QB rating. Yet he's somehow in the Hall of Fame. More important, Jet fans don't bash him.

From the instant he begins to throw, until the ball leaves his hand, is " x " hundredths of a second. The question to ask, is what distance can an average NFL safety travel in that period of time? I would venture that that safety can cover quite a distance.

Quote:Jet fans don't bash him.
HAHAHAHA. 

Ummmm. Yeah.  They make fun of drunk uncle Joe all the time. 

You really need to relax. When a QB makes mistakes, those mistakes will get picked apart and overanalyzed. Stop letting it offend you personally.

You'll be happier if you can let it go. 

I love Blake. I just want him to stop sucking at certain little things that are holding him back.  Like throwing the football. 

Signed - 

Inept Fan

Quote:Jags fans are clueless for bashing Bortles. The coaching staff is holding him back.

Joe Nameth had 173 TDs and 220 INTs in his career. He played 13 years and 11 of those years he had more INT than TD with a 65 QB rating. Yet he's somehow in the Hall of Fame. More important, Jet fans don't bash him.

Can't really compare Joe Namath to Blake Bortles...

All this back and forth......I tend to agree with Anchor, a more proactive coach staff would work on this.

Did you guys see how quick hoyer got the ball out?

All the things that make a complete offense.....starts with the quarterback.

Why didn't go to that guy out west that worked on this last year??

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:BB5 is a lazy QB that has been allowed to be lazy by a lazy HC that doesn't know any better.

As a parent, I see this all the time.

Bad parenting leads to bad kids.

Bad coaching leads to bad players.

We're watching the talent that Caldwell brought in become corrupted by the abononation that is gus bradley.  

He should have been fired last year.  But no.  We had to wait.

Now look at us.  We're regressing right before our eyes.

But yeah, players not plays, right?  Right?

What happens when you see players get worse over time???  Still jimmy's and joe's and not X's and O's?

You morons, we lost another 3 years because of your stupid Vic Ketchmen stupidity.  
lol I can agree with some of this for sure. The hope is Gus finally "turns it on" and I think that 4th quarter may be a good sign, but I have my doubts too. In year 4 you still see some shoddy coaching decisions and time management. Our OC clearly sucks, and wash seems to have good potential in calling defenses and is getting better. Time will tell how things go, but this may be a turning point for our Jaguars. 

Long orchestrated throwing motion, starring down receivers, late recognition of the defense and/or open man and you get tipped passes, INTs, etc.

Just hope he takes it serious in the off-season to improve these areas.

People blow this whole thing so far out of proportion it is crazy.  

To me, the majority of the problem is pressing and thinking to much.  

Quote:People blow this whole thing so far out of proportion it is crazy.

To me, the majority of the problem is pressing and thinking to much.
I agree with this

There are analysis buzz words that get used....

Stares down the target

Stares down a receiver

Pre-determines where the ball is going

Only makes one read

Checks down instead of letting the play develop

All these things get said when an offense isn't working.  Were these comments being said on TV during the opening drive?

I do believe there is an "ease" to how the team is run and the preparation isn't what it should be.  I'm not too keen on these coaches but is that because I'm using the past results to really pile on this year?  We will see.  It is obvious we are stuck with what we have and overall I do like the rising talent.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

​And ugh... Hoyer getting the ball out quick didn't really help them.  They lost.  Hoyer went with the "safe" plays and they came up short.  Unfortunately this year I think our game plan is very safe as well and the way Blake plays you can't really shrink the field and restrict what he does.

The offensive line is playing better and is creating consistent pockets, so why are we running the plays we are?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.