Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles throwing motion.

Quote:Imagine if the Steelers and their fans would have given up on Big Ben after three years...

nobody is giving up on Bortles.  But he's not a good QB right now.  Can he improve?  I don't know, I'll leave that up to the coaches to decide.

If they feel that he can fix his issues, he will stick around.  I do think they will slowly develop Allen and possibly draft another QB in a year or two as insurance... see how that worked out for Dallas and Dak Prescott.

He's our best option now, sure.  But the way he is playing will not lead to us being a winning team.  He needs to improve A LOT!

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Fixing the mechanics will help everything else. At the moment he knows they are not right so he's second guessing himself and does not seem fully confident in his arm leading to slower decision making and less 50/50 balls downfield.

I wonder if fixing his mechanics is possible at this point. 

What frustrates me is that he improved them in year 2, and then instead of going back to work on it a lot more and really making it muscle memory, it has regressed to how he looked in year 1.

It's a huge red flag.  It's like drafting a shooting guard in the NBA and then saying "well, you're gonna have to start shooting jump shots THIS way"...  that's fine and dandy if it's a project in the middle or later rounds, but when your entire franchise depends on whether he can do it, it makes me pretty worried.

and that's not even factoring in that it sees like Bortles isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to football and reading defenses.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I wonder if fixing his mechanics is possible at this point.

What frustrates me is that he improved them in year 2, and then instead of going back to work on it a lot more and really making it muscle memory, it has regressed to how he looked in year 1.

It's a huge red flag. It's like drafting a shooting guard in the NBA and then saying "well, you're gonna have to start shooting jump shots THIS way"... that's fine and dandy if it's a project in the middle or later rounds, but when your entire franchise depends on whether he can do it, it makes me pretty worried.

and that's not even factoring in that it sees like Bortles isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to football and reading defenses.

Fixing shoulder and elbow mechanics are the hard part and take tons of reps. If he puts the work in for the next two years he can fix it.

The mental errors are a way bigger red flag. I think he lives "in the moment" too much when he plays, while yeah its great that he can forget about the INTs/fumbles in a hurry he really needs to think about the down/distance/field spot/time before each play too.

Quote:People blow this whole thing so far out of proportion it is crazy.

To me, the majority of the problem is pressing and thinking to much.
There's some truth to this. While his motion IS a problem, when he's playing "free" as he likes to say, his motion becomes much better, as does his decision making and accuracy. I don't think that's coincidence
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Btw, anyone have the ability to make a side by side of last year's motion vs this year?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Why are most of his interceptions not from jumped routes then? Seems most have been from deflections off the hands of receivers.
Because he's reaching. He doesn't actually know what he's talking about.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 10:44 PM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:Well he's had plenty of INTs that were jumped routes to be fair, just not this year
Find them then. Your posts scream "agenda".

What happened to agenda boy? Thought it was too much? It had more zing
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:What happened to agenda boy? Thought it was too much? It had more zing
Didn't want to single just him out because there is way more than just him. It's sad to see how many people live such negative lives. lol.

Looks like I'll be adding a few .gifs to this thread after the game..............

I'm giving up on BB5.  

He is not going to be a starting NFL QB.

Doesn't matter this is bigger than the QB. We are a greatly below average team in a pedestrian division. His mechanics are a part of many many problems.  This staff isn't getting any job done and the QB isn't helping.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If only the problem was his motion. He can't read the game well and quick enough....I mean even the announcers at some point were making fun of him because he kept throwing into triple coverages. 

And he was lucky on the TD that Thomas bailed him out, 99 out 100 that's another INT.