Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** THE OFFICIAL CARLOS HYDE THREAD **

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 03:32 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Welcome to Jacksonville !!!

[Image: sfunewmksfljcsi06u0r.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Have to wonder if this means Fournettes injury is worse than thought. Either way glad to have him

Nice

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 03:34 PM by Brett.)

Wow, kind of shocked on this.

Jaguars trading a 5th round pick for him.

Hyde is a fantastic runner and that Cleveland backfield was crowded. Thought they may trade Duke instead of Hyde but either way, welcome!

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 03:40 PM by imtheblkranger.)

No complaints from me!

Some slight concern on what this means for Fournette's outlook, but Hyde is a very good RB

Where's the LT trade now?

I wonder how much impact he can make if he plays Sunday

Even when Fournette returns, he would be needed. Cannot be a run first team without quality depth at the position.

However this still does not answer the Offensive line questions.

Ships on top of ships!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We got him for 2 more years if we want him, too.

I'm interested to see what the corresponding moves are related to this trade.  Will they put Fournette on IR?  Who gets the ax from the newly signed RBs?
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

What's the contract like? He signed for decent money with the browns iirc?

(10-19-2018, 03:41 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I wonder how much impact he can make if he plays Sunday

Charles was on the field after not playing for a year, I bet we see him on some basic run plays. 

I mean, a draw is a draw at the end of the day.

(10-19-2018, 03:45 PM)JagJohn Wrote: What's the contract like? He signed for decent money with the browns iirc?

3 years, 15 million

This year is about 3M (I think), and the next two years is about 6M per year.

(10-19-2018, 03:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 03:41 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I wonder how much impact he can make if he plays Sunday

Charles was on the field after not playing for a year, I bet we see him on some basic run plays. 

Also just saw this stat from Matthew Berry

"Carlos Hyde jumps from the 28th offensive line in terms of yards per carry BEFORE first contact to the 9th. Hyde currently ranks 43rd of 46 RBs in the metric. If he is even just average there and everything else remains the same, he adds 1.03 yards to his YPC average."

So it appears the offensive line is doing a good job of opening holes but the RBs aren't taking advantage of it.

(10-19-2018, 03:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 03:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Charles was on the field after not playing for a year, I bet we see him on some basic run plays. 

"Carlos Hyde jumps from the 28th offensive line in terms of yards per carry BEFORE first contact to the 9th. Hyde currently ranks 43rd of 46 RBs in the metric. If he is even just average there and everything else remains the same, he adds 1.03 yards to his YPC average."

So it appears the offensive line is doing a good job of opening holes but the RBs aren't taking advantage of it.

I wouldn’t say that; yeldon was averaging what 4+ YPC these past few games? The coaches just keep instituting a passing first game plan and abandoning the run which is our identity. Maybe this is a signal that we are going back to pounding the rock

(10-19-2018, 03:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Charles was on the field after not playing for a year, I bet we see him on some basic run plays. 

That's good info. I guess I was wrong about their effectiveness.

We needed a pounder like hyde.. for a 5th round pick this is great.. idk how 6 mill on the cap impacts us next year tho.. even of we let yeldon walk thats still 5 mill more on next years cap

Not really... It's mainly because this Offense gets down 7 points and instantly stops running the football and tries to throw the football all over the place. They stop running the ball whenever it's clearly working.. Oh, Yeldon just ran for 7 yards on 1st down? Well, we better throw it now...  Oh Yeldon just had 50 of the 72 yards on that drive? Lets try and force the ball to Moncrief on a fade twice on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 at their 3 yard line... zzz Wash, rinse, repeat.

Probably also means Yeldon is gone next year. Of course, he was probably gone anyway.