Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** THE OFFICIAL CARLOS HYDE THREAD **

(10-20-2018, 03:46 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 03:19 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: stupid move by a stupid front office. Let's NOT trade for Jimmy G...lets NOT trade for Teddy B...lets NOT find a QB in the draft or FA....but LETS trade for a old RB that even Cleveland doesn't want. Reminds of the terrible Gene Smith era...Caldwell is an idiot and im losing faith in Coughlin and Doug. it's EXTREMELY clear that Blake should not be a starter in the NFL.yet...our genius front office decides to pay the guy and KEEP him on the team to ruin it? makes no sense. WE NEED NEW LEADERSHIP!!! ASAP!!!

You alright bud? Need a hug or something?

naw...im not. when you're day one fan...you hate seeing history repeat itself....especially when its preventable. Hard to understand how dudes get paid millions and are this stupid. my fandom is real and im serious about my team. thats all. I was here when all the dummies were saying #inGeneWeTrust and now they ran off into hiding lol. just know...Bortles is far from good and is ruining our team....and by allowing him to stay...so are Doug, Dave and Coughlin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-20-2018, 03:49 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 03:46 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: You alright bud? Need a hug or something?

naw...im not. when you're day one fan...you hate seeing history repeat itself....especially when its preventable. Hard to understand how dudes get paid millions and are this stupid. my fandom is real and im serious about my team. thats all. I was here when all the dummies were saying #inGeneWeTrust and now they ran off into hiding lol. just know...Bortles is far from good and is ruining our team....and by allowing him to stay...so are Doug, Dave and Coughlin

Oh good, you're here too. Figured we'd see you back when the team's had a few losses.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 06:39 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-20-2018, 01:19 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 11:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Browns fans dont like the move

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-brow...123516093/

They traded their 3rd best RB for a 5th. Most browns fans I've seen are happy as more Chubb and Duke touches will open up the offense.

Most of the beats are happy than he's gone too. Better off to develop the young guys and the fact that they are more dynamic make it an easy choice

Maybe the few Browns fans you know likes the trade but the majority of the fam base dont.  It's a bad trade for them, a 5th for one of the top 100 players and their workhorse RB.  1 injury away from having issues at the RB position.  A bad move especially if they are going for a playoff push

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/51354-hy...ed/?page=2

https://youtu.be/BZuvlOkKK34

(10-20-2018, 06:23 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 03:49 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: naw...im not. when you're day one fan...you hate seeing history repeat itself....especially when its preventable. Hard to understand how dudes get paid millions and are this stupid. my fandom is real and im serious about my team. thats all. I was here when all the dummies were saying #inGeneWeTrust and now they ran off into hiding lol. just know...Bortles is far from good and is ruining our team....and by allowing him to stay...so are Doug, Dave and Coughlin

Oh good, you're here too. Figured we'd see you back when the team's had a few losses.

I thought the same thing.

(10-20-2018, 07:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 06:23 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Oh good, you're here too. Figured we'd see you back when the team's had a few losses.

I thought the same thing.

22 months between soilings, that might be a record for constipation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-20-2018, 06:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 01:19 AM)JackCity Wrote:

They traded their 3rd best RB for a 5th. Most browns fans I've seen are happy as more Chubb and Duke touches will open up the offense.

Most of the beats are happy than he's gone too. Better off to develop the young guys and the fact that they are more dynamic make it an easy choice

Maybe the few Browns fans you know likes the trade but the majority of the fam base dont.  It's a bad trade for them, a 5th for one of the top 100 players and their workhorse RB.  1 injury away from having issues at the RB position.  A bad move especially if they are going for a playoff push

it would be dangerous to say the majority of the fan base thinks anything based off message board comments. Particularly when twitter, Reddit and the beats seem pretty positive about the move other than the fact they'd have preferred a WR. 

Using a top 100 list isn't gonna fly unfortunately.  He's around average at best.

Also by your reasoning 80% of teams are one injury away from having issues at the RB position.  The browns have two good RBs right now.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 11:57 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-20-2018, 09:51 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 06:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe the few Browns fans you know likes the trade but the majority of the fam base dont.  It's a bad trade for them, a 5th for one of the top 100 players and their workhorse RB.  1 injury away from having issues at the RB position.  A bad move especially if they are going for a playoff push

it would be dangerous to say the majority of the fan base thinks anything based off message board comments. Particularly when twitter, Reddit and the beats seem pretty positive about the move other than the fact they'd have preferred a WR. 

Using a top 100 list isn't gonna fly unfortunately.  He's around average at best.

Also by your reasoning 80% of teams are one injury away from having issues at the RB position.  The browns have two good RBs right now.
Ok, the players voted to the top 100 means nothing.  But since you say he's just average he's average?  Lol.  Twitter and the beats?  Haha.  Was just on Clevelan Browns reddit 5he majority are not to happy.  Regardless, I like the trade and it's a good fit. I think I'll go with players around the leagues opinions over yours

I’ve lost more than a few fantasy matchups in the past 2 years because of Carlos Hyde going off for 20+ pts. Seems good enough for me haha. In all seriousness it’s going to help.

(10-20-2018, 11:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 09:51 AM)JackCity Wrote: it would be dangerous to say the majority of the fan base thinks anything based off message board comments. Particularly when twitter, Reddit and the beats seem pretty positive about the move other than the fact they'd have preferred a WR. 

Ok, the players voted to the top 100 means nothing.  But since you say he's just average he's average?  Lol.  Twitter and the beats?  Haha.  Was just on Clevelan Browns reddit 5he majority are not to happy.  Regardless, I like the trade and it's a good fit.  I think I'll go with players around the leagues opinions over yours

Yeah he's an average back. Had a very good season last year, played poorly this year and overall through his career has been average.  

Good fit and pickup though. Both teams got better.

Carlos Hyde has had an above average career. Just because you say hes average does not make it so.

(10-20-2018, 02:05 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Carlos Hyde has had an above average career. Just because you say hes average does not make it so.

And just because you say he's an above average RB doesn't make it so.

He's a good pickup and will fit our run scheme. That's all that really matters considering we only gave up a 5th.

He's an injury-free guy who can pound the rock. It certainly would be a bonus to see him have one of his SF seasons here. Otherwise, we just need him to punch it through on 3 and X to keep us alive and give the D more time on the sidelines. That is, if Hackett keeps his head out of the dark void and doesn't decide that pass plays are suddenly a good idea when rushing has been paying the bills.

Will he play at all tomorrow?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-20-2018, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Will he play at all tomorrow?
My gut says yes considering the only other backs are Yeldon and Charles.

RBs, out of all positions, can play pretty quickly on new teams.

(10-20-2018, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Will he play at all tomorrow?

I would imagine he will get a significant amount of touches on early downs. Basic running plays are pretty much the same across teams, and unlike Charles, he has been actively playing so conditioning isn't a concern.

Once we get a fully healthy RB corps are we expecting Hyde to get the early down work, Yeldon to get the 3rd down/passing work, and Fournette to get the short yardage/goal line work?

(10-20-2018, 08:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Once we get a fully healthy RB corps are we expecting Hyde to get the early down work, Yeldon to get the 3rd down/passing work, and Fournette to get the short yardage/goal line work?

You're the only one expecting that with your distaste for Fournette. This isnborderline trolling. You're just trying to get the response that Fournette will handle all early down work and hyde will have the ivory role from last year (is exactly the way it is going to be btw). Just so you can start talking about how much you dont like fournette.

(10-20-2018, 08:39 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 08:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Once we get a fully healthy RB corps are we expecting Hyde to get the early down work, Yeldon to get the 3rd down/passing work, and Fournette to get the short yardage/goal line work?

You're the only one expecting that with your distaste for Fournette. This isnborderline trolling. You're just trying to get the response that Fournette will handle all early down work and hyde will have the ivory role from last year (is exactly the way it is going to be btw). Just so you can start talking about how much you dont like fournette.

I'm just channeling my inner Josh Norris with the "where he wins" questions, and I think if you do that it lays out nicely like I asked. Everyone can fill their role nicely with their respective strengths and the team will be better off for it.

Switch Hyde with Fournette and Fournette also getting in on some 3rd down/passing.