Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** THE OFFICIAL CARLOS HYDE THREAD **

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 10:51 PM by Eric1.)

(10-20-2018, 10:13 PM)Predator Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 08:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Once we get a fully healthy RB corps are we expecting Hyde to get the early down work, Yeldon to get the 3rd down/passing work, and Fournette to get the short yardage/goal line work?

Switch Hyde with Fournette and Fournette also getting in on some 3rd down/passing.

Ehh.. I'd rather not have Fournette in on 3rd downs. Don't trust him in pass protection at all.

If it's 3rd and 1... and they're actually going to run the football... I wouldn't mind him taking that snap on 3rd down, but that's about it as far as him and 3rd downs go.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I absolutely hate this front office's approach with running backs.

Paid decent money for Ivory, 2nd round pick on Yeldon, 4th overall on Fournette, now trading a 5th for one who is either going to be a 10 game rental or you're going to be paying $5 million to be a backup.

I hope Hyde goes off, but I'm not counting on it.

(10-21-2018, 12:01 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: I absolutely hate this front office's approach with running backs.

Paid decent money for Ivory, 2nd round pick on Yeldon, 4th overall on Fournette, now trading a 5th for one who is either going to be a 10 game rental or you're going to be paying $5 million to be a backup.

Would it make more sense if i told you they're shooting for a superbowl this year?

(10-21-2018, 01:18 AM)Inziladun Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 12:01 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: I absolutely hate this front office's approach with running backs.

Would it make more sense if i told you they're shooting for a superbowl this year?

They blew that chance by not upgrading the QB position. But this is about the Carlos Hyde trade and don't want it sidetracked.

Hyde doesn't move the needle at all for me. But I hope I'm wrong.

This organization just does the opposite of what you should do to get a back. Unless Hyde helps this team win a SB, this is giving a pick away.

What Denver has at RB this year is the ideal way to fill that position. 5th rounder in Freeman and UDFA Phillip Lindsay have been really impressive this year. Those guys are around every draft year, you just have to find them. But these guys want to spend money or use valuable draft picks on them.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 01:41 AM by MR FLORIDA.)

(10-20-2018, 06:23 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 03:49 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: naw...im not. when you're day one fan...you hate seeing history repeat itself....especially when its preventable. Hard to understand how dudes get paid millions and are this stupid. my fandom is real and im serious about my team. thats all. I was here when all the dummies were saying #inGeneWeTrust and now they ran off into hiding lol. just know...Bortles is far from good and is ruining our team....and by allowing him to stay...so are Doug, Dave and Coughlin

Oh good, you're here too. Figured we'd see you back when the team's had a few losses.

been here.....and last time i came to the site...it was down...I didn't know the forums were back up..oh well. I'll be here ALL LIFETIME..get over it. doesn't change the fact that Blake is the opposite of great

(10-20-2018, 07:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 06:23 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Oh good, you're here too. Figured we'd see you back when the team's had a few losses.

I thought the same thing.

by your logic i would've been here when Bortles blew the AFC chip game last year. but....

(10-21-2018, 01:38 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 01:18 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Would it make more sense if i told you they're shooting for a superbowl this year?

They blew that chance by not upgrading the QB position. But this is about the Carlos Hyde trade and don't want it sidetracked.

This organization just does the opposite of what you should do to get a back. Unless Hyde helps this team win a SB, this is giving a pick away.

What Denver has at RB this year is the ideal way to fill that position. 5th rounder in Freeman and UDFA Phillip Lindsay have been really impressive this year. Those guys are around every draft year, you just have to find them. But these guys want to spend money or use valuable draft picks on them.

Don't want the trade/thread to get sidetracked, yet you make an idiotic statement about the QB just because right? "this thread is about Hyde, but let me just throw this out here anyways..." Just shut up already.

The team just gave away a 5th round pick.. I'll repeat... A 5th ROUND DRAFT PICK... 5th ROUND.... For an experienced and proven starting quality RB in the NFL. You're acting like they just gave up a 2nd round pick or something.

All of these guys are around everywhere dudes you just have to find them 4Head.... It's easy just find them 4Head..

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 02:28 AM by Inziladun.)

(10-21-2018, 01:38 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 01:18 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Would it make more sense if i told you they're shooting for a superbowl this year?

I mean, I was kinda hoping we'd get Cousins or Smith in the offseason. I definitely think QB was a position of need in the offseason but the FO obviously liked their chances with Bortles. I don't think it's impossible to win a SB with Bortles... I find it hard to believe you think the percentage chance is 0% either.

That being said, the backs you mention aren't as good as Fournette... they just aren't. I won't argue that RBs probably shouldn't be taken in the early first round, but to say you don't see what the FO was going for in drafting Fournette is disingenuous. You don't get guys like Fournette in the 5th round. Yeah he's been hurt, which makes the pick iffy, especially in hind sight. But he's still a great back... 

We traded for Hyde because the next man up if Yeldon went down was a 33 year old RB who had trouble staying healthy being a workhorse back in his prime... let alone now. A 5th for Hyde is a good deal, we wanted to go back to a run first offense... and who can blame them after two stinkers by Bortles. It makes sense and puts us in a better position to win a superbowl this year. A 5th round pick next year doesn't do us jack squat to win a superbowl this year.

(10-21-2018, 02:07 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 01:38 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: They blew that chance by not upgrading the QB position. But this is about the Carlos Hyde trade and don't want it sidetracked.

Don't want the trade/thread to get sidetracked, yet you make an idiotic statement about the QB just because right? "this thread is about Hyde, but let me just throw this out here anyways..." Just shut up already.

The team just gave away a 5th round pick.. I'll repeat... A 5th ROUND DRAFT PICK... 5th ROUND.... For an experienced and proven starting quality RB in the NFL. You're acting like they just gave up a 2nd round pick or something.

All of these guys are around everywhere dudes you just have to find them 4Head.... It's easy just find them 4Head..

And that 5th round pick could be used to find a cheap, serviceable running back next year so they don't have to keep wasting money and valuable draft picks on them. End this terrible cycle of wasted assets on this position.

Does anybody honestly think that Carlos Hyde is the difference between this team winning and not winning the super bowl? I hope he is, but history says nah. So it's a waste of a draft pick. Now the question is do they double down on this mistake and actually keep him and his $5 million on the roster next year.

If they wanted to try for a super bowl, were better off trading that pick and taking a chance on Josh Gordon.

(10-21-2018, 02:33 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 02:07 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Don't want the trade/thread to get sidetracked, yet you make an idiotic statement about the QB just because right? "this thread is about Hyde, but let me just throw this out here anyways..." Just shut up already.

And that 5th round pick could be used to find a cheap, serviceable running back next year so they don't have to keep wasting money and valuable draft picks on them. End this terrible cycle of wasted assets on this position.

Does anybody honestly think that Carlos Hyde is the difference between this team winning and not winning the super bowl? I hope he is, but history says nah. So it's a waste of a draft pick. Now the question is do they double down on this mistake and actually keep him and his $5 million on the roster next year.

If they wanted to try for a super bowl, were better off trading that pick and taking a chance on Josh Gordon.

Are you [BLEEP] brain dead, or just stupid? I really wanted to try and give you a real reply, but jesus christ... I can't even bother anymore with this stupid [BLEEP].

That's my fault for trying to read and respond to anything that's said by somebody who thinks a 5th round draft pick decides if a team is a Super Bowl contender or not.  Wallbash

Anyone who uses bleep in their post isn't deserving of an actual reply.

(10-21-2018, 03:38 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Anyone who uses bleep in their post isn't deserving of an actual reply.

This guy actually thinks posts aren't being censored and that people are actually typing that bleep crap in their posts  Laughing

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 04:05 AM by TheSchmidt.)

(10-21-2018, 02:24 AM)Inziladun Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 01:38 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: They blew that chance by not upgrading the QB position. But this is about the Carlos Hyde trade and don't want it sidetracked.

I mean, I was kinda hoping we'd get Cousins or Smith in the offseason. I definitely think QB was a position of need in the offseason but the FO obviously liked their chances with Bortles. I don't think it's impossible to win a SB with Bortles... I find it hard to believe you think the percentage chance is 0% either.

That being said, the backs you mention aren't as good as Fournette... they just aren't. I won't argue that RBs probably shouldn't be taken in the early first round, but to say you don't see what the FO was going for in drafting Fournette is disingenuous. You don't get guys like Fournette in the 5th round. Yeah he's been hurt, which makes the pick iffy, especially in hind sight. But he's still a great back... 

We traded for Hyde because the next man up if Yeldon went down was a 33 year old RB who had trouble staying healthy being a workhorse back in his prime... let alone now. A 5th for Hyde is a good deal, we wanted to go back to a run first offense... and who can blame them after two stinkers by Bortles. It makes sense and puts us in a better position to win a superbowl this year. A 5th round pick next year doesn't do us jack squat to win a superbowl this year.

I personally think Fournette is overrated. He had a 90 and 75 yard run last year and still couldn't crack 4ypc for the season. He has all the physical tools to be awesome, but he misses or can't find the hole too much for my liking. He was hyped as the next Adrian Peterson type back, but where were the highlight runs that Barkley has already had this year?

I see what the FO was going for in drafting him, but it's just not that way to build a championship roster anymore. Consensus is Gurley is the most talented back in the league now, right? The Rams went 11-21 in his first two years in the league. But it wasn't until Goff turned into a franchise QB where they made the playoffs and are now legit SB contenders. Backs are more responsible for winning fantasy football games than actual games nowadays. Barkley's been better than advertised, yet the team is 1-5.

I get why they traded for Hyde, but I just don't see where he moves the needle. If ultra talented backs like Gurley and Barkley couldn't propel their team to the next level, what the heck is Hyde going to do? 5th round picks are most likely cut in a year or two, but you also could get lucky and grab a Telvin Smith, or hell a Royce Freeman. Now they don't have that opportunity. And I'm not against trading a pick to try to win a super bowl. Just not on a running back, and especially not one who is already 27 and will cost $5 million to keep next year.

(10-21-2018, 03:52 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 03:38 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Anyone who uses bleep in their post isn't deserving of an actual reply.

This guy actually thinks posts aren't being censored and that people are actually typing that bleep crap in their posts  Laughing

No. I know about the filters. Anyone that angry deserves no reply over football.

(10-21-2018, 04:02 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 03:52 AM)Eric1 Wrote: This guy actually thinks posts aren't being censored and that people are actually typing that bleep crap in their posts  Laughing

No. I know about the filters. Anyone that angry deserves no reply over football.

LOL. You act like it has anything to do with football.. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Nobody is angry, simply an annoyance by some people just saying flat out dumb crap.

Not my fault this forum has an overly sensitive child like censor system.

We're a bunch of adults on here and we can't even say [BLEEP] (aka poop)....

(10-21-2018, 04:16 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:02 AM)haveaseat Wrote: No. I know about the filters. Anyone that angry deserves no reply over football.

LOL. You act like it has anything to do with football.. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Nobody is angry, simply an annoyance by some people just saying flat out dumb crap.

If you're that angry over football you shouldn't post. It's that stupid. It's not that serious.

(10-21-2018, 04:18 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:16 AM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL. You act like it has anything to do with football.. That couldn't be further from the truth.

If you're that angry over football you shouldn't post. It's that stupid. It's not that serious.

Man, you really are as smart as a bag of rocks, aren't you?

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 04:26 AM by haveaseat.)

(10-21-2018, 04:23 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:18 AM)haveaseat Wrote: If you're that angry over football you shouldn't post. It's that stupid. It's not that serious.

Man, you really are as smart as a bag of rocks, aren't you?

I guess you gotta resort to the ones you respond to.

(10-21-2018, 04:26 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:23 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Man, you really are as smart as a bag of rocks, aren't you?

I guess you gotta resort to the ones you respond to.

Well, at least you admit you're clueless. Hopefully you'll sleep better tonight getting that off your chest brother.

(10-21-2018, 04:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:26 AM)haveaseat Wrote: I guess you gotta resort to the ones you respond to.

Well, at least you admit you're clueless. Hopefully you'll sleep better tonight getting that off your chest brother.

I'm not clueless. The only one clueless is who takes football that seriously. Go get a coffee. It's okay.

(10-21-2018, 04:33 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:31 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Well, at least you admit you're clueless. Hopefully you'll sleep better tonight getting that off your chest brother.

I'm not clueless. The only one clueless is who takes football that seriously. Go get a coffee. It's okay.

I haven't took football serious since I played it in HS brother and that was a long time ago. 

I also don't drink coffee. That's a bad habit and addiction. Not as bad, but similar to like smoking cancer stick cigarettes.