Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** THE OFFICIAL CARLOS HYDE THREAD **

(10-21-2018, 02:53 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 02:33 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: And that 5th round pick could be used to find a cheap, serviceable running back next year so they don't have to keep wasting money and valuable draft picks on them. End this terrible cycle of wasted assets on this position.

Does anybody honestly think that Carlos Hyde is the difference between this team winning and not winning the super bowl? I hope he is, but history says nah. So it's a waste of a draft pick. Now the question is do they double down on this mistake and actually keep him and his $5 million on the roster next year.

If they wanted to try for a super bowl, were better off trading that pick and taking a chance on Josh Gordon.

Are you [BLEEP] brain dead, or just stupid? I really wanted to try and give you a real reply, but jesus christ... I can't even bother anymore with this stupid [BLEEP].

That's my fault for trying to read and respond to anything that's said by somebody who thinks a 5th round draft pick decides if a team is a Super Bowl contender or not.  Wallbash
I'm brain dead because I think a dude who's been in the league for 5 years, averages 4pc for his career, somehow improves this teams chances of winning a super bowl? Yeah, I'd take my chances with that 5th round pick on finding something better and much less expensive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-21-2018, 04:43 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 02:53 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Are you [BLEEP] brain dead, or just stupid? I really wanted to try and give you a real reply, but jesus christ... I can't even bother anymore with this stupid [BLEEP].

That's my fault for trying to read and respond to anything that's said by somebody who thinks a 5th round draft pick decides if a team is a Super Bowl contender or not.  Wallbash
I'm brain dead because I think a dude who's been in the league for 5 years, averages 4pc for his career, somehow improves this teams chances of winning a super bowl? Yeah, I'd take my chances with that 5th round pick on finding something better and much less expensive.

.........................  Wallbash

(10-21-2018, 02:53 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Are you [BLEEP] brain dead, or just stupid? I really wanted to try and give you a real reply, but jesus christ... I can't even bother anymore with this stupid [BLEEP].

Carlos Hyde will cost us a whopping $970,000 this year and the odds of finding a player the caliber of Hyde in the 5th rd (btw Hyde was picked in the 2nd) are slim.

And yes, having a healthy starting caliber RB on your roster will improve any team's chances of winning a super bowl.

Could've stopped there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-21-2018, 08:47 AM)Predator Wrote: Carlos Hyde will cost us a whopping $970,000 this year and the odds of finding a player the caliber of Hyde in the 5th rd (btw Hyde was picked in the 2nd) are slim.

And yes, having a healthy starting caliber RB on your roster will improve any team's chances of winning a super bowl.

It's not ridiculous to question whether a 10 game stint of what should be our 3rd RB is worth taking another stab at a Telvin Smith or Leon Jacobs, who were acquired with 5th rounders or later. I think it's a coin flip personally.

(10-21-2018, 09:37 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 08:47 AM)Predator Wrote: Carlos Hyde will cost us a whopping $970,000 this year and the odds of finding a player the caliber of Hyde in the 5th rd (btw Hyde was picked in the 2nd) are slim.

It's not ridiculous to question whether a 10 game stint of what should be our 3rd RB is worth taking another stab at a Telvin Smith or Leon Jacobs, who were acquired with 5th rounders or later. I think it's a coin flip personally.

He will most likely be our 1st RB for the indefinite future.

And how many dozens of 5th rd or later picks have we made that never amounted to anything? Hardly a coin flip.

What’s your alternative?

(10-21-2018, 10:02 AM)Predator Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:37 AM)Upper Wrote: It's not ridiculous to question whether a 10 game stint of what should be our 3rd RB is worth taking another stab at a Telvin Smith or Leon Jacobs, who were acquired with 5th rounders or later. I think it's a coin flip personally.

He will most likely be our 1st RB for the indefinite future.

And how many dozens of 5th rd or later picks have we made that never amounted to anything? Hardly a coin flip.

I'm not saying the 5th round hit rate is a coin flip, but if it does hit it is so much more valuable than a 10 game stint of Hyde that it makes the overall gamble a coin flip to me.

(10-21-2018, 10:18 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 10:02 AM)Predator Wrote: He will most likely be our 1st RB for the indefinite future.

I'm not saying the 5th round hit rate is a coin flip, but if it does hit it is so much more valuable than a 10 game stint of Hyde that it makes the overall gamble a coin flip to me.

It's not more valuable when you need that RB today.

(10-21-2018, 10:23 AM)Predator Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 10:18 AM)Upper Wrote: I'm not saying the 5th round hit rate is a coin flip, but if it does hit it is so much more valuable than a 10 game stint of Hyde that it makes the overall gamble a coin flip to me.

It's not more valuable when you need that RB today.

I'm just not that myopic.

(10-21-2018, 10:27 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 10:23 AM)Predator Wrote: It's not more valuable when you need that RB today.

I'm just not that myopic.

It's not myopic, it's understanding the current reality.

It's like saying it's myopic to pay your electric bill to get your lights turned back on when you might get a chance to use that money to buy something nice a few years down the road.

(10-21-2018, 10:46 AM)Predator Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 10:27 AM)Upper Wrote: I'm just not that myopic.

It's not myopic, it's understanding the current reality.

It's like saying it's myopic to pay your electric bill to get your lights turned back on when you might get a chance to use that money to buy something nice a few years down the road.

I just disagree that our lights have been shut off in the first place. Yeldon has been doing an excellent job averaging 5 yards a carry, reliably catching the ball, and blocking well as always. We could be riding him until the bye and then see where we go from there. Obviously the coaching staff disagrees with Yeldon being able to carry a higher workload for whatever reason though.

I don't know where you have been the past few weeks, but the offense's lights have definitely been off.

Obviously the team feels a sense of urgency and feels they need something more than just a 3rd back otherwise they wouldn't have used a 5th rd pick to grab the starting RB off of another team.

5th round picks are crap shoots.
At least we know what we're getting with this investment.

Using Telvin Smith possibly the best 5th round pick ever is not fair either (also... Telvin is far from a perfect LB either)
Leon Jacobs is special?
Any other 5th rounders out there you guys wanna use as examples? lol

(10-21-2018, 11:04 AM)Predator Wrote: I don't know where you have been the past few weeks, but the offense's lights have definitely been off.

Obviously the team feels a sense of urgency and feels they need something more than just a 3rd back otherwise they wouldn't have used a 5th rd pick to grab the starting RB off of another team.

Not because RB corps woes though. Yeldon and Linder are the only two people on the offense pulling their weight.

(10-21-2018, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 11:04 AM)Predator Wrote: I don't know where you have been the past few weeks, but the offense's lights have definitely been off.

Not because RB corps woes though. Yeldon and Linder are the only two people on the offense pulling their weight.

When your 3rd down back is the only RB capable of getting any significant amount of touches and you have to hold back your running game to minimize the risk of losing him too, you have RB corp woes.

This team is is WIN NOW mode and not rebuild.

A 5th round pick for a RB who can contribue today because our 4th overall pick is constantly hurt is a no brainer.

Anyone questioning this move should be examined for brain damage. Rarely is a 5th round pick a difference maker. Hyde could be a difference maker for the Jaguars this year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

If you have any problem with this trade then you simply dont understand football. Thats not an insult, its a fact. Get mad at it all you want and it still wont change.

My bad. Hyde will definitely fix this teams problems.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 06:21 PM by Predator.)

Bortles was the leading rusher with 30 yards.

I'm expecting to see a big dose of Hyde next week.