Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell has to be done right?

the draft classes look worse and worse as time goes on, the strength of this team the defense isn't looking very impressive. His QB is now benched, his Coach was an epic mistake and the guy we promoted in his place is leading an effort to fall apart in year 2. Last year is looking more and more like fools gold.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd fire Hackett before anyone else, but extending Bortles was a HUGE mistake on Caldwell's part. That was inexcusable.

The team played in the AFC championship game this January.

Nobody is getting fired.

(10-21-2018, 04:11 PM)Predator Wrote: The team played in the AFC championship game this January.

Nobody is getting fired.

Have you spoken with Mr. Coughlin about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 04:15 PM by EricC85.)

(10-21-2018, 04:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd fire Hackett before anyone else, but extending Bortles was a HUGE mistake on Caldwell's part. That was inexcusable.

Bigger than drafting him in the 1st place?

Bigger than letting the weapons we had on offense walk?

Bigger than paying Norwell all that money to fix our oline?

We've drafted nearly the entire starting offensive unit and it might be one of the worse offensive units in our history. Think about that, why does that unit suck so bad if we are so good at drafting talent?

(10-21-2018, 04:11 PM)Predator Wrote: The team played in the AFC championship game  this January.

Nobody is getting fired.

You think last year is going to excuse what looks like a 5-11 season at best? because we had success last year we won't fire anyone? LOL ok bud good luck

I'll just repeat what I said all offseason. Caldwell just got through playing GM easy mode with a record 5 straight top 5 picks and he spent an all time record spent in FA.

He bought himself some rope with last year (as fluky as it is looking in hindsight) so no he isn't going to get fired yet, but he sure is struggling at his first attempt on this harder difficulty.

(10-21-2018, 04:06 PM)EricC85 Wrote: the draft classes look worse and worse as time goes on, the strength of this team the defense isn't looking very impressive. His QB is now benched, his Coach was an epic mistake and the guy we promoted in his place is leading an effort to fall apart in year 2. Last year is looking more and more like fools gold.

I'm beginning to think the best attribute of any GM is the ability to discern when one makes mistakes. Every GM will make mistakes, but not every GM is willing to quickly move on from them. I think Caldwell has a gift for evaluating talent. You don't sack a guy who picks up Yan in the third round on a whim, for example. That said, his Achilles heel has been too much patience with his prized first rounders, Joeckel and now Bortles. 

I don't think Caldwell should be made the fall guy for this almost lost season, but he'll need to accept some humble pie with Blake. Likewise, Coughlin will have to accept some humble pie for Fournette, as his handprints are all over that mistake. I still believe in this pairing. I hope they'll learn from their mistakes.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-21-2018, 04:11 PM)Predator Wrote: The team played in the AFC championship game  this January.

Nobody is getting fired.

This post is nonsensical. It's what have you done for me lately. The real world works this way. You must not have a job since you think you wouldn't be fired for recent, continuous poor performance.

(10-21-2018, 04:23 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:

Nobody is getting fired.

This post is nonsensical. It's what have you done for me lately. The real world works this way. You must not have a job since you think you wouldn't be fired for recent, continuous poor performance.

We are 3-4 and have been devastated by injuries. 

Nobody gets fired under these circumstances. That's just common sense.

(10-21-2018, 04:30 PM)Predator Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:23 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: This post is nonsensical. It's what have you done for me lately. The real world works this way. You must not have a job since you think you wouldn't be fired for recent, continuous poor performance.

I'm not saying he's fired tomorrow, I'm saying at the end of this year I think we are looking for a new GM.

The Bortles extension might be the biggest blunder in franchise history.

(10-21-2018, 04:23 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: This post is nonsensical. It's what have you done for me lately. The real world works this way. You must not have a job since you think you wouldn't be fired for recent, continuous poor performance.

Not very common.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You keep speaking in absolutes. You must be a sith. I can't trust you. Bye!
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-21-2018, 04:33 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:30 PM)Predator Wrote: We are 3-4 and have been devastated by injuries. 

I'm not saying he's fired tomorrow, I'm saying at the end of this year I think we are looking for a new GM.

Lol... Caldwell isn't going anywhere.

I think TC might actually like Caldwell, and if they agree on a QB strategy, Caldwell is plenty safe.

(10-21-2018, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think TC might actually like Caldwell, and if they agree on a QB strategy, Caldwell is plenty safe.

I'm curious why you think that?

The last person I want picking Bortles replacement is the guy who picked Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 04:58 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Should be, the guy is terrible.

Any idiot would have drafted Ramsey and Jack, he deserves no credit whatsoever there.

(10-21-2018, 04:44 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think TC might actually like Caldwell, and if they agree on a QB strategy, Caldwell is plenty safe.

I'm curious why you think that?

The last person I want picking Bortles replacement is the guy who picked Bortles.

Good point.

(10-21-2018, 04:57 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Should be, the guy is terrible.

Any idiot would have drafted Ramsey and Jack, he deserves no credit whatsoever there.

There's 31 other idiots who passed on Jack.

Because of the knee, he was sure to go on the second.

Btw Jaylon Smith is playing even better than Jack.