Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell has to be done right?

(10-21-2018, 05:00 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:57 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Should be, the guy is terrible.

Any idiot would have drafted Ramsey and Jack, he deserves no credit whatsoever there.

There's 31 other idiots who passed on Jack.

Shack Harris had some good second and third round picks too. 

In the end, it’s your QB that your tied to. And currently Caldwell is hitched to Bortles. His seat will be warm at the end of year, I can tell you that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

whoever decided it was good idea to not upgrade the QB position and instead build around a defense and running game should probably go if that's their philosophy

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 05:10 PM by Tuxedo.)

(10-21-2018, 05:05 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Because of the knee, he was sure to go on the second.

Btw Jaylon Smith is playing even better than Jack.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the NFL declared Myles Jack has to be drafted 36th overall and no team other than the Jaguars are allowed to draft him. This is some next level dumb logic you're using here.

(10-21-2018, 05:06 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 05:00 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: There's 31 other idiots who passed on Jack.

Shack Harris had some good second and third round picks too. 

In the end, it’s your QB that your tied to. And currently Caldwell is hitched to Bortles. His seat will be warm at the end of year, I can tell you that.

Yeah and Shack Harris should get credit for those picks. I'm not arguing Caldwell's ability, giving the man zero credit for identifying and drafting a good player that every team had the opportunity to draft is an idiotic argument that you're going to lose.

(10-21-2018, 05:08 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 05:05 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Because of the knee, he was sure to go on the second.

Btw Jaylon Smith is playing even better than Jack.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the NFL declared Myles Jack has to be drafted 36th overall and no team other than the Jaguars are allowed to draft him. This is some next level dumb logic you're using here.

(10-21-2018, 05:06 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Shack Harris had some good second and third round picks too. 

Yeah and Shack Harris should get credit for those picks. I'm not arguing Caldwell's ability, giving the man zero credit for identifying and drafting a good player that every team had the opportunity to draft is an idiotic argument that you're going to lose.
If I actually said that, yeah but whatever, I see you are that kind of person, I am done with you. 

Enjoy the losing season thanks to Caldwell

(10-21-2018, 05:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 05:08 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot that the NFL declared Myles Jack has to be drafted 36th overall and no team other than the Jaguars are allowed to draft him. This is some next level dumb logic you're using here.

If I actually said that, yeah but whatever, I see you are that kind of person, I am done with you. 

LOL, you literally said he deserves zero credit for drafting Jack. Short of some weird NFL rule I'm unaware of, every other GM had ample opportunity to maneuver around in the draft and get a unanimous blue chip prospect, only one actually did.

Here you go:
 [Image: latest?cb=20130927203704]

(10-21-2018, 04:44 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think TC might actually like Caldwell, and if they agree on a QB strategy, Caldwell is plenty safe.

I'm curious why you think that?

The last person I want picking Bortles replacement is the guy who picked Bortles.

Just my impression from everything I’ve read and seen concerning the front office dynamics in Jax. 

If Coughlin agrees with him on most of the current issues and potential solutions, he probably isn’t going anywhere. I just wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 05:45 PM by knarnn.)

Tom Coughlin

EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS
[Image: fiaz3dtl6sdhnnag5qo6.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-21-2018, 05:07 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: whoever decided it was good idea to not upgrade the QB position and instead build around a defense and running game should probably go if that's their philosophy

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher...4518824960

(10-21-2018, 04:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd fire Hackett before anyone else, but extending Bortles was a HUGE mistake on Caldwell's part. That was inexcusable.

It was the elephant in the room that offseason. And most fans just went with it. Guys that know the game, knew deep down it was a horrible idea to keep Bortles.

There were so many options out there.

(10-21-2018, 04:23 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:11 PM)Predator Wrote: The team played in the AFC championship game  this January.

Nobody is getting fired.

This post is nonsensical. It's what have you done for me lately. The real world works this way. You must not have a job since you think you wouldn't be fired for recent, continuous poor performance.

It's NOT nonsensical at all.

Last year, the team was virtually injury free.

This year, the offense has lost:

#1 WR for the year
#1 RB for all except maybe 3 quarters
#3 RB for the year
#1 LT for the year
#2 LT for the year
#1 TE for at least 8 weeks
#2 TE for the year

We're not even at the halfway point of the season.

Without all of this stuff around him, Bortles regressed, and everything went down with him.

Do you honestly think Marrone forgot how to coach in a year a month?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Answer is yes. Hes better than Gene, similar to shack harris. Awful 1st round picks most od the time, good mid round picks. Miserable amd in ezcuseable extension to bortles

Also this past years draft was AWFUL

HORRENDOUS. We drafted backups with our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks, and IR'd our 4th round pick amd our 7th round punter is kicking it 25 yards.

This last years draft has a ton to do with our issues this year, we r getting NOTHING from it cuz he drafted at posiions we are incredibly deep at

Hes a moron like everyone else this franchise hires because real football talent doesnt come here to coach

(10-21-2018, 07:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:23 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: This post is nonsensical. It's what have you done for me lately. The real world works this way. You must not have a job since you think you wouldn't be fired for recent, continuous poor performance.

It's NOT nonsensical at all.

#1 WR for the year
#3 RB for the year
#1 LT for the year
#2 LT for the year
#2 TE for the year

Without all of this stuff around him, Bortles regressed, and everything went down with him.

Which is an indictment of Caldwell then, cause despite all those fancy high spots on the depth chart...we haven't lost a truly above average player yet.

(10-21-2018, 09:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 07:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: It's NOT nonsensical at all.

#1 WR for the year
#3 RB for the year
#1 LT for the year
#2 LT for the year
#2 TE for the year

Which is an indictment of Caldwell then, cause despite all those fancy high spots on the depth chart...we haven't lost a truly above average player yet.
Fournette and Robinson are above average.

But even if they were merely average, the fact is they were important for our team.

You name me another team who could lose all of those players at those positions for as many season ending injuries that would fare much better.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-21-2018, 09:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:30 PM)Upper Wrote: Which is an indictment of Caldwell then, cause despite all those fancy high spots on the depth chart...we haven't lost a truly above average player yet.
Fournette and Robinson are above average.

But even if they were merely average, the fact is they were important for our team.

You name me another team who could lose all of those players at those positions for as many season ending injuries that would fare much better.

Robinson is not a good LT, graded worst in the league last year. I hope we draft a legit LT and move Robinson to RT where he can be a pro bowler.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 09:43 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Not sure how anyone can argue with a straight face that Caldwells time here shouldn't be done.

If you don't think DC should be fired, turn it on NBC.

(10-21-2018, 09:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not sure how anyone can argue with a straight face that Caldwells time here shouldn't be done.

Yeah the last two draft classes have been no help at all, and we are seeing the effect. On top of it this team is built to run and has a QB that can't throw. Hard to make an argument for Caldwell right now thats for sure. Best player last two drafts is who... Westbrook?

(10-21-2018, 09:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Fournette and Robinson are above average.

Robinson is not a good LT, graded worst in the league last year. I hope we draft a legit LT and move Robinson to RT where he can be a pro bowler.

I thought this as first, but too many stud DEs line up on the right side nowadays. I think his long term best spot is RG.

(10-21-2018, 10:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Robinson is not a good LT, graded worst in the league last year. I hope we draft a legit LT and move Robinson to RT where he can be a pro bowler.

I thought this as first, but too many stud DEs line up on the right side nowadays. I think his long term best spot is RG.

That's true. He'd be a beast at RG. Easy plug and play.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 10:11 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

(10-21-2018, 09:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not sure how anyone can argue with a straight face that Caldwells time here shouldn't be done.

If you don't think DC should be fired, turn it on NBC.

Caldwell was hired by Shad Khan, but Shad Khan hired Coughlin to be the “Big” boss of the franchise. If Coughlin is really the boss then I would have to think that Khan is going green light any football decision that Coughlin sees fit. By the looks of the QB situation and the many misses that Caldwell has had, it’s hard not to believe that Coughlin is going to bring in his own guy to be Chief Scout / GM.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-21-2018, 05:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 05:08 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot that the NFL declared Myles Jack has to be drafted 36th overall and no team other than the Jaguars are allowed to draft him. This is some next level dumb logic you're using here.

We know that you will.  Where were you when we were winning, eh?