Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell has to be done right?

Coughlin signed off on this QB situation too.

Even if we fire Caldwell don't be so sure help is on the way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-21-2018, 11:05 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 05:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: If I actually said that, yeah but whatever, I see you are that kind of person, I am done with you. 

Enjoy the losing season thanks to Caldwell

We know that you will.  Where were you when we were winning, eh?

Oh sorry, I didn't know I have to be here every week. Besides, there's way too many homers and "happy people" already and I am just not like that, if you don't like it ignore me. 

Ask yourself: why do you care?

(10-22-2018, 12:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 11:05 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: We know that you will.  Where were you when we were winning, eh?

Oh sorry, I didn't know I have to be here every week. Besides, there's way too many homers and "happy people" already and I am just not like that, if you don't like it ignore me. 

I care because you bring your sorry tail around to gloat literally every time the team is bad and it pollutes this entire board with your idiocy.

(10-22-2018, 12:11 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 12:09 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Oh sorry, I didn't know I have to be here every week. Besides, there's way too many homers and "happy people" already and I am just not like that, if you don't like it ignore me. 

I care because you bring your sorry tail around to gloat literally every time the team is bad and it pollutes this entire board with your idiocy.

Hahahaha. And I will continue to do it just for people like you buddy.

Look at all the failures caldwell has drafted in the top 5.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-21-2018, 04:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The Bortles extension might be the biggest blunder in franchise history.

Previous GM set that bar pretty high, though, when thinking of historical blunders.

Considering what some of the other QBs in that window were pulling in, the deal is short term, affordable, and gives us an out if it turned out to be a flash in the pan.  Would you rather have signed Cousins to his deal, only to watch him faceplant in teal?

(10-21-2018, 04:44 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think TC might actually like Caldwell, and if they agree on a QB strategy, Caldwell is plenty safe.

I'm curious why you think that?

The last person I want picking Bortles replacement is the guy who picked Bortles.

When Bortles was selected, everyone knew they were drafting a QB over the next 2 years. Based on the team philosphy, they were never going to sign a big name because of the cap hit of trying to maintain a defense with the high-priced QB.

Of the QB's drafted in 2014 and 2015, how many have actually been  better than Blake. Not "could be", not "should be". Have been?

Garoppolo possibly, but he still has limited game snaps, and but does he become the player he is now with Gus and Slick hair mentoring him? Without Brady and Belicheck?

Winston is promising, but he makes as many mistakes as Bortles plus his checkered issues make me not want to root for him.

No one else has panned out. Here are the others? Who would you have drafted?

Blake Bortles  Johnny Manziel  Teddy Bridgewater  Derek Carr Jimmy Garoppolo  Logan Thomas  Tom Savage Aaron Murray AJ McCarron Zach Mettenberger David Fales Keith Wenning  Tajh Boyd Garrett Gilbert Jameis Winston Marcus Mariota Garrett Grayson Sean Mannion Bryce Petty Brett Hundley Trevor Siemian

Is Caldwell the scape goat?
Does Caldwell go down with the BOAT?
Are we even sure the BOAT isn't still sailing in 2019?

I'm not as sold on Tom Coughlin as everyone else seems to be. He shares some blame if we're serving that stuff up today.
Yeah Caldwell missed on 2013, Bortles, Gus, but Hamstringnette and Taven? That's all Tom man...
He came in to right the ship and we spent a ton of cash and got jack pappy to show for it.

Oh... And decided it'd be a great idea to just keep most of Gus Bradley's staff.

Anywho... who is the new guy everyone wants at GM?
The next guy we'll all run out of town lol

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2018, 07:16 AM by MR FLORIDA.)

(10-21-2018, 11:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: Coughlin signed off on this QB situation too.  

they both can kick rocks

(10-23-2018, 03:27 PM)Kane Wrote: Is Caldwell the scape goat?

I'm not as sold on Tom Coughlin as everyone else seems to be. He shares some blame if we're serving that stuff up today.
Yeah Caldwell missed on 2013, Bortles, Gus, but Hamstringnette and Taven? That's all Tom man...
He came in to right the ship and we spent a ton of cash and got jack pappy to show for it.

Oh... And decided it'd be a great idea to just keep most of Gus Bradley's staff.

the next guy has it easier than our previous 2 guys...our roster is 80% ready......the next guy HAS to hit on QB and figure out a way to financially keep the pieces we need to maintain this good roster. it's a LOT easier to come here now than it was in 2010 or 2013

(10-25-2018, 07:14 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 11:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: Coughlin signed off on this QB situation too.  

they both can kick rocks

(10-23-2018, 03:27 PM)Kane Wrote: Is Caldwell the scape goat?

the next guy has it easier than our previous 2 guys...our roster is 80% ready......the next guy HAS to hit on QB and figure out a way to financially keep the pieces we need to maintain this good roster. it's a LOT easier to come here now than it was in 2010 or 2013

Nah man... I was asking a legit question for you and the pitchfork mob.
WHO do you want calling the shots. WHO do you want to replace Caldwell and/or Coughlin with.

Because I can bet in 3 years you all will be calling for his head to unless we are winning Superbowls lol

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018, 01:24 PM by Mr.P..)

So I guess Philadelphia should fire their GM and Pederson also then?
Cause you know.......last year doesn't matter for anything and injuries are no excuse
apparently.

(10-25-2018, 09:28 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 07:14 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: they both can kick rocks

Nah man... I was asking a legit question for you and the pitchfork mob.
WHO do you want calling the shots. WHO do you want to replace Caldwell and/or Coughlin with.

Because I can bet in 3 years you all will be calling for his head to unless we are winning Superbowls lol

pretty sure if front office can turn this franchise into a multi year 9 to 10 win team, you know, like most teams' window when they have a good QB, no one would be turning on them

but sucking for 10 years, getting good for 1 year with extremely good circumstances around us, more so than a lot of us probably wanted to admit last year, and then back to sucking does not strike much confidence or patience around here.. if anything it hurts even more because we all thought we had turned the corner

when your expectations are rock bottom, being at rock bottom doesnt hurt too bad.. when your expectations are high, and you are back to rock bottom, that hurts like hell

(10-26-2018, 01:23 PM)Mr.P. Wrote: So I guess Philadelphia should fire their GM and Pederson also then?
Cause you know.......last year doesn't matter for anything and injuries are no excuse
apparently.

When did the Jags win a Super Bowl? I'll wait...
[Image: giphy.gif]

So every team who doesnt win a Super Bowl and takes a step back just immediately starts firing people?
You realize how ridiculous this is?
We were 5 minutes from the Super Bowl and everyone thought Caldwell and Hackett and Marrone were geniuses.
One year later beset by injuries and they all deserve to be fired.
I know as Jags fans we aren't used to winning.....but at least understand how hard it is to win in this league even when everything goes right.....

(10-26-2018, 01:27 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 09:28 AM)Kane Wrote: Nah man... I was asking a legit question for you and the pitchfork mob.

pretty sure if front office can turn this franchise into a multi year 9 to 10 win team, you know, like most teams' window when they have a good QB, no one would be turning on them

but sucking for 10 years, getting good for 1 year with extremely good circumstances around us, more so than a lot of us probably wanted to admit last year, and then back to sucking does not strike much confidence or patience around here.. if anything it hurts even more because we all thought we had turned the corner

when your expectations are rock bottom, being at rock bottom doesnt hurt too bad.. when your expectations are high, and you are back to rock bottom, that hurts like hell

Well my dude...
you should temper your expectations if you get that butt hurt about lacking perfection or consistency beyond injuries.

Also... answer the question you respond to if you could. Otherwise it seems like you want to just argue like a child.
And I know how much you dislike when people point out your childish antics....

So WHO would you like to replace our current decision makers with (Caldwell, Coughlin, Marrone, any or all of them, pick... explain...)
And when/if they miss on some picks and a season gets hemmed up with injuries you will likely want to run one of or all of them out of town too.

Rinse, repeat.

(10-26-2018, 01:41 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 01:23 PM)Mr.P. Wrote: So I guess Philadelphia should fire their GM and Pederson also then?
apparently.

When did the Jags win a Super Bowl? I'll wait...

If you fire your coaching staff after every Super Bowless year, you're going to have a lot of league turnover.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Guys. The reason we're losing is injuries. This isn't Caldwell's fault. He's accumulated and built an extremely talented--but not deep--roster. Depth will come.

I can't think of another team that has had to deal with this level of injury that has been successful. It just doesn't happen.

We could do much, much worse than Caldwell. Bortles was a mistake, but I can see why they drafted him and why they've hung on to him. We have to fix QB, and we might still make the playoffs if we can get a little healthier on the bye.

I sincerely hope we don't kneejerk fire everyone.

(10-26-2018, 05:31 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Guys.  The reason we're losing is injuries.  This isn't Caldwell's fault.  He's accumulated and built an extremely talented--but not deep--roster.  Depth will come.

I can't think of another team that has had to deal with this level of injury that has been successful.  It just doesn't happen.  

We could do much, much worse than Caldwell.  Bortles was a mistake, but I can see why they drafted him and why they've hung on to him.  We have to fix QB, and we might still make the playoffs if we can get a little healthier on the bye.

Injuries are just an excuse. 

Every team has injuries at:

LT
LT2
LG
C
RG
RT
RB
RB
RB
WR
WR
PR
TE
TE2
TE3
CB2
NB
NB2
DE
DE

AMIRITE???

Caldwell is okay. He's had some hit and miss drafts. I'm worried that the last draft might not be so hot.

(10-26-2018, 05:31 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Guys.  The reason we're losing is injuries.  This isn't Caldwell's fault.  He's accumulated and built an extremely talented--but not deep--roster.  Depth will come.

I can't think of another team that has had to deal with this level of injury that has been successful.  It just doesn't happen.  

We could do much, much worse than Caldwell.  Bortles was a mistake, but I can see why they drafted him and why they've hung on to him.  We have to fix QB, and we might still make the playoffs if we can get a little healthier on the bye.

5 years isn't kneejerk, we had last year that was supposed to be the launch of a long term sustained success. unless there's a drastic turnaround this season (for the record that's my hope) we've built a roster that is on the way to a losing season AGAIN. Yes injuries are high this year, but if you've been building a roster for 5 years why isn't it deep enough to field at least a competitive team with depth? The Eagles lost their young star QB and won a superbowl, the Patriots deal with injuries like everyone else and yet field top tier teams every season, there's other examples of teams that deal with injuries or losing key players and don't fall apart to the point of passing the 50 yard line being a milestone. 

We've been blown out what 60-24 the last 3 games? That's what you expect the year of a rebuild or the second year in where you're still acquiring talent, that's not the case here. This is the roster we've built, this is the depth we've worked 5 years to acquire, is this what we should expect? 

When Caldwell was hired we where told to stomach a roster gutting, it was going to be a ground up rebuild, the problem with that is you have zero margin for error when you do that.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]