Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles trade value?

Just watched a breakdown of Bortles throws. I think his problem is there's so much rotation in his throwing motion that really makes it hard to be consistent. He uses a lot of forward momentum before the throw which helps with his power, but he rotates so much on his release that I can't help but think that's why he can't put it where he wants it.

It's hard to believe he can't clean up his mechanical ability in 5 years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2018, 09:35 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Just watched a breakdown of Bortles throws. I think his problem is there's so much rotation in his throwing motion that really makes it hard to be consistent. He uses a lot of forward momentum before the throw which helps with his power, but he rotates so much on his release that I can't help but think that's why he can't put it where he wants it.

In the words of Peter Prisco, you are what you are.

(10-25-2018, 09:35 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Just watched a breakdown of Bortles throws. I think his problem is there's so much rotation in his throwing motion that really makes it hard to be consistent. He uses a lot of forward momentum before the throw which helps with his power, but he rotates so much on his release that I can't help but think that's why he can't put it where he wants it.

He has cleaned it up three different times to some extent while he's been a pro. 

It just doesn't last and it isn't consistent. 

A few bad series of pressure and getting behind on the scoreboard and he can't keep his head cool enough to maintain the improved technique.  It's not fully ingrained in him. May never be.

You do realize somthing about BB5 as a QB dont you. And i know its not a good excuse. Many ppl had come down on him when he was quoted as saying he is not a natural thrower of the ball. Well if they had used the whole quote it would make more sense. He is not a natural thrower of the ball Right Handed. Blake Bortles is Left Handed. So he has trouble with mechanics throwing right handed. I think he does a good job at it. There are some throws that you look at and go what??? I think that is one of his problesm he will toss the errant throw every now and than. but i look at some other QBs and they make way worst off target throws then BB5, even brady just tossed a floater screen that got picked off in the last game just like blake did. His throws have gotten better each year and i think they will keep getting better along with him. but that is only my opinion.

would you take these stats at QB:

3966 yards   7.0 y/a  61% comp    21 TD  18 int   80.3 QB RAT   497.6 Rush    6.5 yards per carry

The int number could be lower but that is what BB5 is on pace for If we get 4nett back or Hyde starts running and we get to running better i would expect alot of those number to go up and int go down.

(10-25-2018, 10:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

It's not fully ingrained in him. May never be.

After he has spent the last 3 out of 4 off seasons with a QB guru... in his 5th year starting.
Dude is what he is. Uber flawed. Especially mechanically and decision making.

man... why'd Caldwell draft him top 5? lol

(10-21-2018, 06:21 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 06:19 PM)Brett Wrote: Lololol. Seriously? He has no trade value.

Gabbert was worth a 6th. Think about that for a second.

Gabbert was also still on his rookie contract.

No team is trading for Bortles.  They see the writing on the wall.  They won't give up anything of value for a guy who might wind up their expensive backup.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-25-2018, 06:52 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: someone was dumb enough to give us something for Gabbert...so we should at least try....but.....i'd be happy if we just released him today

Realistically we're not in a position to release him until the 2020 offseason. Yeah, he'd save a few mil if we released him after the season, but that's nowhere near enough considering how much we're over the cap. His dead money hit would also be enormous. The only realistic option to part with him prior to 2020 is to trade him.

We got a 6th round pick for Gabbert, and he's better than Gabbert (don't make me prove this). That has me thinking we might get as high as a 5th round pick for Blake, but we may end up having to accept a 6th or even a 7th if we're that desperate to part with him especially considering his salary. His new team would have to pay him $16 mil in 2019, and then $18 mil in 2020, plus possible incentives. That said, the new team might be able to work a new deal with him possibly negating much of those costs. They would also only owe him something like $2.5 mil for the remainder of this season.
'02

(10-25-2018, 11:04 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 06:52 AM)MR FLORIDA Wrote: someone was dumb enough to give us something for Gabbert...so we should at least try....but.....i'd be happy if we just released him today

Realistically we're not in a position to release him until the 2020 offseason. Yeah, he'd save a few mil if we released him after the season, but that's nowhere near enough considering how much we're over the cap. His dead money hit would also be enormous. The only realistic option to part with him prior to 2020 is to trade him.

We got a 6th round pick for Gabbert, and he's better than Gabbert (don't make me prove this). That has me thinking we might get as high as a 5th round pick for Blake, but we may end up having to accept a 6th or even a 7th if we're that desperate to part with him especially considering his salary. His new team would have to pay him $16 mil in 2019, and then $18 mil in 2020, plus possible incentives. That said, the new team might be able to work a new deal with him possibly negating much of those costs. They would also only owe him something like $2.5 mil for the remainder of this season.

Is it possible to raise a gofundme to balance and offset the dead cap money

(10-25-2018, 11:04 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

If his season ends this weekend due to injury or benching, he's absolutely getting cut in the offseason.  He could perhaps play well going forward and change his fate.  The only money he's physically set to receive from the team in 2019 if he's cut is $6.5 million which also has offsets if he's signed elsewhere.  If they retain him, they're physically paying him $21 million.

The team isn't paying $14.5 million additional dollars for him to mentor and backup a rookie next year.  They could find a journeyman for much less.

The dead cap hit is another story and isn't quite as bad as some make it out to be.  If cut, the prorated signing bonus would be accelerated into next season and would put his dead cap hit at between $10 million and $16.5 million depending on what he signs for to be a likely backup somewhere else due to the offsets.  

Again, they're not paying him $14.5 million on top of the $6.5 he's guaranteed next year to be a mentor/backup unless he plays well the rest of this season.  He has no trade value at this time either.

The team is also in a strong position to force him to re-do his current deal considering what he’ll actually receive in compensation if cut. Again, that’s assuming an uptick in efficiency and production from him the rest of the way.

Why do the mods keep letting this guy start topics?

He says a 3rd or a 4th hahaha

(10-26-2018, 11:13 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Why do the mods keep letting this guy start topics?

This is a forum. Why stifle conversation because you don't like what someone is saying? Don't post in this thread if you don't like it? Use the ignore feature so you don't ever see his posts again? There are many options available to you. You might just be too lazy to seek and actively utilize them.

(10-26-2018, 11:13 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Why do the mods keep letting this guy start topics?

For the same reason they keep letting you post.
They hate us normal people.

(10-24-2018, 09:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [Image: 44691607_10210040676852770_3728003631216...e=5C80E9DA]

^ Oooooooofff

Everyone knows there's been a lot of ups and downs with Bortles (okay, many downs). But man, I didn't realize the bad had accumulated to the "worst" in most categories. 

Worst in Off-Target Throws.  
Geez

(10-25-2018, 10:33 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:

You do realize somthing about BB5 as a QB dont you. And i know its not a good excuse. Many ppl had come down on him when he was quoted as saying he is not a natural thrower of the ball. Well if they had used the whole quote it would make more sense. He is not a natural thrower of the ball Right Handed. Blake Bortles is Left Handed.

Mark Brunell is right-handed but throws with his left. Your point?