Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
On to Philly and London

I'm already bored of the let's sack everyone, trade for any bum going, let's pick this rookie QB and let's tank the season talk, we have a WEEK 8 game coming.

I get people are disappointed with the last 3 games but I can't believe the over reaction by fans of a team with our history over the past 15 years. This is the best team we've had for a while and people need to be realistic about the injuries. Last year spoilt us and now we can't handle losing games, this is the NFL, it's any given Sunday. I just keep thinking of the quote, there are 2 tragedies in life, one is not getting your hearts desire, the other is.

Lots of question marks this week, who's starting QB, who's injured this week, has the locker room broken? This week with the travelling will bond or break this team. 

Philly have looked a lot like us this season, 3-4 and not looking right. Wentz has been playing well but their run game has gone with Ajay and the D isn't what they did last year. London games can be tough for first time teams, look at the Ravens last year and this game could be a real dog fight between two teams trying to save a season or 2 low confidence teams not trying to make mistakes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There's no overreaction. Even with the massive amounts of injuries (and I agree that it's crazy this year), our front office did not build enough depth. We also settled for a hot/cold QB instead of trying to upgrade it. I usually agree with us being too knee jerky and over reactive. But it's legitimate now. Our window to win is very short because of how many big contracts we have and no real depth in other positions. The coaching staff is failing miserably right now and the "team" we once had is imploding. We are in trouble now and looking ahead to Philly doesn't change the fact that another big loss is coming unless we make major changes. I for one don't want to look forward to the draft this early like years before (yes I know we're still 3-4 and in the division hunt), but we cannot beat anyone the way we are playing and scheme and pom poms aren't going to change it. I wish I could be more positive with the outlook right now, but I can't. There's nothing in the last 3 games from either side of the ball that show me that things are going to change; unless changes are made. I hope I'm wrong and we can win out and go 12-4. But I think I might have a better chance of winning Mega Millions....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(10-22-2018, 02:26 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: There's no overreaction. Even with the massive amounts of injuries (and I agree that it's crazy this year), our front office did not build enough depth. We also settled for a hot/cold QB instead of trying to upgrade it. I usually agree with us being too knee jerky and over reactive. But it's legitimate now. Our window to win is very short because of how many big contracts we have and no real depth in other positions. The coaching staff is failing miserably right now and the "team" we once had is imploding. We are in trouble now and looking ahead to Philly doesn't change the fact that another big loss is coming unless we make major changes. I for one don't want to look forward to the draft this early like years before (yes I know we're still 3-4 and in the division hunt), but we cannot beat anyone the way we are playing and scheme and pom poms aren't going to change it. I wish I could be more positive with the outlook right now, but I can't. There's nothing in the last 3 games from either side of the ball that show me that things are going to change; unless changes are made. I hope I'm wrong and we can win out and go 12-4. But I think I might have a better chance of winning Mega Millions....

I can't fault you for feeling like that, those are all legitimate criticisms and I do think Hackett has struggled to find work arounds for the injury problems, but it's also hard to build an O that's changing every week. 

You could argue the FO was naive in the depth on O but I don't think you plan for this level of season ending injuries this early. I mean who had Fournette at 45 plays by week 7?

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 02:50 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

(10-22-2018, 02:34 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 02:26 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: There's no overreaction. Even with the massive amounts of injuries (and I agree that it's crazy this year), our front office did not build enough depth. We also settled for a hot/cold QB instead of trying to upgrade it. I usually agree with us being too knee jerky and over reactive. But it's legitimate now. Our window to win is very short because of how many big contracts we have and no real depth in other positions. The coaching staff is failing miserably right now and the "team" we once had is imploding. We are in trouble now and looking ahead to Philly doesn't change the fact that another big loss is coming unless we make major changes. I for one don't want to look forward to the draft this early like years before (yes I know we're still 3-4 and in the division hunt), but we cannot beat anyone the way we are playing and scheme and pom poms aren't going to change it. I wish I could be more positive with the outlook right now, but I can't. There's nothing in the last 3 games from either side of the ball that show me that things are going to change; unless changes are made. I hope I'm wrong and we can win out and go 12-4. But I think I might have a better chance of winning Mega Millions....

I can't fault you for feeling like that, those are all legitimate criticisms and I do think Hackett has struggled to find work arounds for the injury problems, but it's also hard to build an O that's changing every week. 

You could argue the FO was naive in the depth on O but I don't think you plan for this level of season ending injuries this early. I mean who had Fournette at 45 plays by week 7?

Oh I agree that injuries have killed us. The problem is that the front office and coaches think that Bortles can overcome this. After all the years we've had him, we know that he needs tons of support around him to even possibly thrive. He now has none and they think they can just stick it out with what we have. It's not possible. I really like Bortles as a person; he's tough as nails physically and somewhat mentally. But we all know he's not the guy and team made a big mistake not trying to upgrade the position a year or two ago. We drafted Bryan instead of getting more quality Oline depth last year (BAP I know... lol). We passed on so many other QBs (hindsight... I know lol). We truly got lucky last year and now our past mistakes are coming back to haunt us. The RB additions aren't going to help when we can't throw the ball. I really think that in order to possibly salvage this season and make it to the playoffs, we need to make some major changes. However, I don't believe the front office will do so. It seems so reactionary to do so. But for the first time in a while, I believe it's the only way to do so.

And Philly is going to be just as tough as the last 3 games have been. They are coming off a difficult loss and are going to come at us hard. I feel another bad loss coming; just as I did with Houston after the Dallas game. Unless we make some major changes (and even with them, they will take time), this might be our worst game in London so far....

(10-22-2018, 02:48 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 02:34 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I can't fault you for feeling like that, those are all legitimate criticisms and I do think Hackett has struggled to find work arounds for the injury problems, but it's also hard to build an O that's changing every week. 

Oh I agree that injuries have killed us. The problem is that the front office and coaches think that Bortles can overcome this. After all the years we've had him, we know that he needs tons of support around him to even possibly thrive. He now has none and they think they can just stick it out with what we have. It's not possible. I really like Bortles as a person; he's tough as nails physically and somewhat mentally. But we all know he's not the guy and team made a big mistake not trying to upgrade the position a year or two ago. We drafted Bryan instead of getting more quality Oline depth last year (BAP I know... lol). We passed on so many other QBs (hindsight... I know lol). We truly got lucky last year and now our past mistakes are coming back to haunt us. The RB additions aren't going to help when we can't throw the ball. I really think that in order to possibly salvage this season and make it to the playoffs, we need to make some major changes. However, I don't believe the front office will do so. It seems so reactionary to do so. But for the first time in a while, I believe it's the only way to do so.

And Philly is going to be just as tough as the last 3 games have been. They are coming off a difficult loss and are going to come at us hard. I feel another bad loss coming; just as I did with Houston after the Dallas game. Unless we make some major changes (and even with them, they will take time), this might be our worst game in London so far....

That's the Blake rollercoaster, you have your ups and your downs. I just think when he hit that stretch last October/November that the FO thought he could do enough of the basics, and be a reasonable price for a starting QB, that they could work around his deficiencies and you look at games like the Pats and he was fantastic. Blake is very streaky though and with the injuries, he thinks he has to make plays and do more and that's where the errors come. He's been on a down since that second Q in KC. 

On to Philly, I just don't know what to make of them so far, yes the are the Champs but they've lost to the Bucs, T*tans, Vikings and Panthers. They blew a 17 pt lead yesterday at home, they aren't firing on all cylinders. Jeffrey and Agholor against Bouye and Ramsey will be a good matchup and I expect Philly to pass more than run. We HAVE to win the turnover battle, someone on D has to get a pick at some point. 

Im very interested to see how this team responds this week.

Lets get the power run game and play action going. Defenses have been running zone against us and the only way Bortles/Kessler beats it is if the linebackers are out of position using play action since one can't throw accurately deep and the other can't get enough velocity.
Love Yeldon's play but he can't carry the offense and he doesn't bring the linebackers up into the box so we can get our receivers behind them in play action. He is the perfect back for a heavy pass offense, just not for a power run in between the tackles type of scheme that we need to use for Bortles. We have been awful on 2nd down runs. Would much rather see a power back in those 2nd down runs.
This is where Hyde comes in. Lean on a Hyde+Yeldon combo and play action off them.

Hopefully we get Fournette back and we see the offense with more swagger and a tweak to the scheme to rebuild Bortles confidence while leaning on a healthy running game.

at least the blood letting will be over before lunch this week
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I’m sleeping in on Sunday.

I'll be in church for atart of the game.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I'll be out camping with my boys. Tired of worrying about this team so much....

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 10:49 AM by Kane.)

This is the low point of the season... 3-4 with a bye week looming. A struggling Superbowl champion desperately looking for its footing for another run. An even more struggling and banged up AFC hopeful sliding and fighting among themselves on the way to the NFL cellar.
3-5 on the BYE sure does feel like where we are headed.
We are everyone's get right game now. KC doesn't have a defense? Oh look Blake Bortles.
Dallas has no offense? Oh look a 40 burger.
Houston's QB has 1 lung, must take bus to Jville..... Sucksonville has the cure for what ails ya.

Eagles fly in London 34-19

What was our record at the end of 2008? The year we were hyped to make the Superbowl after a promising run was ended by Brady the year before?
5-11 sounds about right. (This isn't a knee jerk reaction post by any means.... just kinda the state of the franchise as I see it until something changes and we start winning again)

(10-22-2018, 02:48 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 02:34 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I can't fault you for feeling like that, those are all legitimate criticisms and I do think Hackett has struggled to find work arounds for the injury problems, but it's also hard to build an O that's changing every week. 

Lord have mercy I hope not.
Back in 2013 the Jaguars "hosted" the Crapernick Neeners and got walloped 42-10

(10-23-2018, 10:46 AM)Kane Wrote: This is the low point of the season... 3-4 with a bye week looming. A struggling Superbowl champion desperately looking for its footing for another run. An even more struggling and banged up AFC hopeful sliding and fighting among themselves on the way to the NFL cellar.
3-5 on the BYE sure does feel like where we are headed.
We are everyone's get right game now. KC doesn't have a defense? Oh look Blake Bortles.
Dallas has no offense? Oh look a 40 burger.
Houston's QB has 1 lung, must take bus to Jville..... Sucksonville has the cure for what ails ya.

Eagles fly in London 34-19

What was our record at the end of 2008? The year we were hyped to make the Superbowl after a promising run was ended by Brady the year before?
5-11 sounds about right. (This isn't a knee jerk reaction post by any means.... just kinda the state of the franchise as I see it until something changes and we start winning again)

(10-22-2018, 02:48 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: And Philly is going to be just as tough as the last 3 games have been. They are coming off a difficult loss and are going to come at us hard. I feel another bad loss coming; just as I did with Houston after the Dallas game. Unless we make some major changes (and even with them, they will take time), this might be our worst game in London so far....

Lord have mercy I hope not.
Back in 2013 the Jaguars "hosted" the Crapernick Neeners and got walloped 42-10

I completely get where your coming from and I can't tell you that your wrong. The season could go like that, we could argue and waste the season.

But I also know what this team can do, and not just last season, we are not playing well but this team hasn't just suddenly become bad. We are low on confidence and losing momentum fast, I just if we could just get one big play, something to get us going a bit, then other parts would start to click. 

Philly can be beaten, I think they have a very fragile confidence like us and some teams don't take to Wembley and the run game is so crucial in London games and adding Hyde gives us some options. 

I just hope we can somehow make it 4-4 as if we go 3-5, bye week will be a nightmare on here.

Anyone else in London? Saw a bunch of jags fans at the Atlanta airport last night. But a ton of eagles fans walking around London today. And stumbled upon a double decker bus decked out in green parked in front of a philly bar near Trafalgar square. Could be like a home game for them.

See yall on the yacht tomorrow!

Eagles 37 Jags 10
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-26-2018, 03:31 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Anyone else in London? Saw a bunch of jags fans at the Atlanta airport last night. But a ton of eagles fans walking around London today. And stumbled upon a double decker bus decked out in green parked in front of a philly bar near Trafalgar square. Could be like a home game for them.

See yall on the yacht tomorrow!

Each team gets a designated pub, and a bus doing laps kitted out in their colors. Last year there were loads of Ravens fans on Saturday but more Jags come game day.