Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the Raiders giving away players, should the Jags ask about Carr?

I wouldnt mimd this move at all. How would you feel about this?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No.

I’d rather draft my own guy if I’m the GM. Carr will be too much money.

I think trading for a QB midseason is a fools errand. 

Next off-season it might be nice. I think he's better than what we currently have. It might also just be a slightly more rosey version of the position we are in now.

No

Carr hasn't been the same since his injury. His contract is also god awful.

So no.

No

(10-22-2018, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Carr hasn't been the same since his injury. His contract is also god awful.

So no.

I don't think people have checked up on Carr's contract lately. They structured it pretty nicely, it doesn't look to bad to me at all. It's less than Blake going forward for what it's worth, and less money to cut after this year too.

https://overthecap.com/player/derek-carr/2975/

(10-22-2018, 03:52 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Carr hasn't been the same since his injury. His contract is also god awful.

So no.

I don't think people have checked up on Carr's contract lately. They structured it pretty nicely, it doesn't look to bad to me at all. It's less than Blake going forward for what it's worth, and less money to cut after this year too.

This. And who cares about the contract. Our super bowl window is closing fast.

I'm usually against this type of stuff but I like it. We have this year and next to really make a run. Carr is better short term than grooming a QB.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(10-22-2018, 03:58 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 03:52 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't think people have checked up on Carr's contract lately. They structured it pretty nicely, it doesn't look to bad to me at all. It's less than Blake going forward for what it's worth, and less money to cut after this year too.

This. And who cares about the contract. Our super bowl window is closing fast.

No it's not. Our defense is young and there are capable backups for any aging starters. Our offense has to fix itself, and Carr is not the answer.

I'm not against it, but how much would it take? What are the Raiders doing, trying to acquire every pick in the 1st round lol?

Carr is negligibly better as a passer and no where near as good as a runner as Bortles. For his legs and toughness alone, I'd stay with Bortles this year and be looking to find my QB going forward in the 1st round of next year's draft even if it means trading up to get him. Carr has been just about as bad as Bortles with protecting the football this year. I'm not giving anything up of value for him, personally.

(10-22-2018, 05:15 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I'm not against it, but how much would it take? What are the Raiders doing, trying to acquire every pick in the 1st round lol?

Like I expressed in another thread,  being that the Raiders received a 1st Round pick for WR Amari Cooper, it seems highly likely that they would want more than that for their starting QB.  Especially, considering Derek Carr is relatively young,  has impressive physical talent,  and played at a high level in the 2016 season.  The Raiders have no reason to trade Carr before the trade deadline unless a team is willing to pay their price.

I was just looking at some of his games this season..I retract my statement, hes been pretty bad since his injury.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

While better than Bortles (wasn't sold on this 4 weeks age) he's not much more than average these days since his injuries.

Really depends on what we want to do. Trading mid season isn't going to get us to the SB this year, it just doesn't work like that. With what we'd have to give up to get a QB in a trade, I'll pass.

Plus, Amari Cooper for a 1st rounder isn't exactly "giving him away" Gruden fleeced Jerruh on that one.

No he too is terrible

Short answer.  Nope.

That's possibly the dumbest idea I've ever seen floated.  If some "fans" think that the locker room is "lost" right now, doing something like this would clearly lose the locker room.  By the way, I would hardly call getting a first round pick from a struggling team in exchange for a "has been" WR "giving away" a player.  Amari Cooper is nothing special.  He's "just another guy".  Wide Receivers are pretty much "a dime a dozen" in this league, unless you are talking about an elite player.  Cooper is by far not "elite".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Where are we at now with draft picks in 2019? I ask because I don’t know the compensation for Kessler and Hyde and whatever else may have gone down previously. I’d probably say no to Carr. But if we had picks, and for the RIGHT QB, I’d say why not. It won’t save 2018, but at least you’d get your guy in the house learning the system an what not for 2019. That is unless they feel really good about a prospect in the draft. I don’t watch college so I can’t speak on them.

I’ll say this, I really wish we would try and work something out with Denver and try and get Chad Kelly. A lot of Broncos wanted him to start. I’ve been a huge fan of his since college. He had character issues while in college but seems to have straightened it out. Rocket arm, good mobility. We can finally stop running just crossing routes. Denver seems to want to get him reps soon, best make an offer now
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."