Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Named Starter (merged threads)

(10-22-2018, 08:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: They even break it down in the the booth watching the video above.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

You think anybody cares what they say in the booth? Use your eyes... I'm going to trust my eyes over anything somebody tells me every single time. You should do the same.
My eyes watched yeldon stop during the route and then had it bounce off his havfw

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-22-2018, 08:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Lol relax bud. Kessler was far from lights out when he was in there. He played well, in what was a rough situation to be thrown into, but it wasn't anything special.

That INT was absolutely his fault though. Go back and watch it again. It was way outside and off target. Yeldon only touched the ball with a couple finger tips of his left hand. It wasn't a god awful looking INT, like if he threw it up into triple coverage, but it was absolutely his fault.

Are you blind?  It was 100% yeldon's fault. The ball bounced off of his hands.  You bortles defenders are something else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGz6hXqJF7k

I thought this at first too, but if you slow it down and look at it frame by frame, you will see that Yeldon was never actually able to get his right hand on the ball. The ball didn't hit him quite at the finger tips but at the middle of the fingers. He couldn't quite get his palm on it which is why he couldn't knock it down.

If the ball was thrown a little softer he might of been able to tip the ball to himself and make a nice catch.

It wasn't horribly off, but it was too wide and hot for Yeldon to make a play.

(10-22-2018, 07:06 PM)Predator Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 06:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: The defense has played at a well above average level this year. Blake has played like one of the worst QBs in football.

Stop giving him excuses.

The defense hasn't played well since the injuries on offense piled up to a critical state.

That's why there is fighting in the locker room. It has nothing to do with Bortles. It's the fact that some players on the defense, which is healthy and the backbone of this team, haven't stepped at a time when the team needed them the most and guys on that squad are demanding accountability from them and theirselves.

does it feel cool to just make [BLEEP] up?

(10-22-2018, 08:40 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 07:06 PM)Predator Wrote: The defense hasn't played well since the injuries on offense piled up to a critical state.

That's why there is fighting in the locker room. It has nothing to do with Bortles. It's the fact that some players on the defense, which is healthy and the backbone of this team, haven't stepped at a time when the team needed them the most and guys on that squad are demanding accountability from them and theirselves.

Lol you're one to talk......

(10-22-2018, 08:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:40 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: does it feel cool to just make [BLEEP] up?

Lol you're one to talk......

what have I made up?

go ahead I'll wait

in the meantime, I swear we could literally start NO ONE AT qb... play with 10 men and snap it to no one behind the center and half of you would defend that empty space as a solid QB whose issues stem from the team around him

it never fails

year after year, you guys find multiple people to defend, usually the HC, GM, or QB and REFUSE to admit what a problem they are, but once they are gone, you then jump on the bandwagon of laughing and reminiscing about how bad they were

happens EVER. SINGLE. SEASON

its actually pretty funny, but mostly pathetic

(10-22-2018, 07:06 PM)Predator Wrote: The defense hasn't played well since the injuries on offense piled up to a critical state.

When people fail to look at the big picture and want to point fingers.... this happens.  The problem isn't Blake Bortles solely.  The team as a whole is melting down right before our eyes and that includes the defense (as well as special teams).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

How is this making things up when it is based on what the DC said is their squad focus and what a prominent player has said is going on behind the scenes?

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 08:58 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

(10-22-2018, 08:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:40 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: does it feel cool to just make [BLEEP] up?

When people fail to look at the big picture and want to point fingers.... this happens.  The problem isn't Blake Bortles solely.  The team as a whole is melting down right before our eyes and that includes the defense (as well as special teams).

the problem is blake bortles

only an idiot doesnt see that

the defense played with leads last year almost all of the time, and teams had to pass vs them, so our pass rush could tee off, any time we played from behind or even, we struggled, does that mean the D was a little overated last year?  ya maybe so

but to say our defense which is still one of the better ones in the league even with all the bad performances lately is one of the main issues, my god you must have a really low IQ

blake bortles has been, is, and will continue to be THE BIGGEST PROBLEM for this team

and the GM and coaches that continue to stay the course continue to be a big problem

but hey, good thing we drafted a bunch of backup defensive players in the draft this past season, we didnt have any other weaknesses to fix.. we didnt even draft BAP, you could replace taven bryan with a 7th round DE and we would have the exact same results and production or lack there of

(10-22-2018, 08:55 PM)Predator Wrote:

How is this making things up when it is based on what the DC said is their squad focus and what a prominent player has said is going on behind the scenes?

[BLEEP] what the DC says or does, we've already established he just blows hot air out his mouth

ramsey removed a picture of him and bortles, he made it sound pretty clear the issue was either offense or the coaches in his post game talk.. if you HONESTLY think the defense is not fed up with the offense or lack there of, like.. i dont even know what to tell you

you guys are in such denial about bortles.. its gene smith all over again

yet all of you will talk about how bad bortles was in a year or 2 when hes gone like you knew it alllll along

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 09:02 PM by jessepeck1213.)

I've been one of the staunchest Bortles supporters. He has spurts where he looks like he is developing and could be the answer, but I think by any means it has become abundantly clear that we need to look elsewhere for the future of the QB position. The lack of talent and depth across the offense has also come to light this year. Injuries havent helped but we need major improvements at TE, WR, and O line, in addition to QB. That being said, the answer is not Cody Kessler. Nor is there anyone available on the QB market right now that is a clear upgrade to Bortles. We are gonna have to ride the boat into the sunset this year and hope that he gets hot for a stretch and can lead us to some wins. Help isnt coming until this offseason. And I think that there is no doubt that this upcoming offseason QB is going to be a priority for this front office.

I believe they are giving Bortles this game to get it together. If not, they will turn the team over to Kessler after the bye.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 09:31 PM by JackCity.)

(10-22-2018, 08:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: Overall, this year, the defense has been playing at a well above average level. Overall this year Blake has been awful. That's the point.  

Yeah they should have got more sacks against the Texans and stopped the run better too. They also held the Texans  to 20 points and kept a pass game that averages 260 yards a game to 140. Most days you do that you win. Unfortunately the offense didn't hold up its end of the bargain and even gifted the Texans points. 

That's just not true. Kessler hasn't started a game since 2016 and was instantly more effective than Blake was on Sunday. I could think of 20+ QBs who could out perform Blake in this current situation. 

I think some need to take their head out of that lovely teal sand.

You're parroting things without backing it up with fact.

Can you specify exactly where Blake has been "awful" all season thus far?  Yes he hasn't been perfect and yes he's made some dumb mistakes, but to put it all on him is just wrong.  How many passes that should have been caught have been dropped?

No everything I said above is factual and backed up by what we have seen in the games. It doesn't take much analysis to see the defense has been above average this year and that Blake has been, objectively, awful. 

Nobody is putting it "all" on Blake, but he is the primary factor here. When you go 6-0 down and it feels like an insurmountable lead you have a QB problem.

Have the WRs (specifically Cole) dropped it too much? Yep. Has the Oline struggled the last two weeks? Yep. But neither of those things are excuses from how bad Blake has been. 

I'll say it again, he's a starting QB in year 5 just after an extension. He SHOULD be much better than this, but he's not, and that's been a theme ever since he was drafted bar some good stretches.

(10-22-2018, 08:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Except nobody has said that the problem is solely Blake. Just that he is the main problem we have right now. Important note.

The defense is way down the list of "problems" we have.

(10-22-2018, 09:01 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I've been one of the staunchest Bortles supporters. He has spurts where he looks like he is developing and could be the answer, but I think by any means it has become abundantly clear that we need to look elsewhere for the future of the QB position. The lack of talent and depth across the offense has also come to light this year. Injuries havent helped but we need major improvements at TE, WR, and O line, in addition to QB. That being said, the answer is not Cody Kessler. Nor is there anyone available on the QB market right now that is a clear upgrade to Bortles. We are gonna have to ride the boat into the sunset this year and hope that he gets hot for a stretch and can lead us to some wins. Help isnt coming until this offseason. And I think that there is no doubt that this upcoming offseason QB is going to be a priority for this front office.

What is available this offseason though? No noteworthy free agents and the draft class doesn't look that great.

They had their chances when Cousins and Smith were available last year, a #4 overall pick, and a very loaded QB class last year.

And they didn't take it.

(10-22-2018, 09:34 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 09:01 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I've been one of the staunchest Bortles supporters. He has spurts where he looks like he is developing and could be the answer, but I think by any means it has become abundantly clear that we need to look elsewhere for the future of the QB position. The lack of talent and depth across the offense has also come to light this year. Injuries havent helped but we need major improvements at TE, WR, and O line, in addition to QB. That being said, the answer is not Cody Kessler. Nor is there anyone available on the QB market right now that is a clear upgrade to Bortles. We are gonna have to ride the boat into the sunset this year and hope that he gets hot for a stretch and can lead us to some wins. Help isnt coming until this offseason. And I think that there is no doubt that this upcoming offseason QB is going to be a priority for this front office.

What is available this offseason though? No noteworthy free agents and the draft class doesn't look that great.

They had their chances when Cousins and Smith were available last year, a #4 overall pick, and a very loaded QB class last year.

And they didn't take it.

Will probably have to make a trade up and grab one in the draft. I think they will be aggressive in whatever path they decide to take.

Great News! The second fumble could have been worse with the crappy whiff from the TE, that would have been a safety if Bortles didn't run for his life.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(10-22-2018, 09:39 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 09:34 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: What is available this offseason though? No noteworthy free agents and the draft class doesn't look that great.

And they didn't take it.

Will probably have to make a trade up and grab one in the draft. I think they will be aggressive in whatever path they decide to take.

The time to do that was last year. Loaded QB class and two very good proven QBs were available and changed teams, which very rarely happens.

Of course a lot can happen between now and next years draft, but most mocks only have one QB going consistently in the 1st round with Herbert.

Then others have Hasksins, Lock, Patterson, Jones (Duke) and Finlay scattered in there.

It's astonishing they've never attempted to bring in competition for Blake with mid-round selections. Rudolph and Lauletta would have been good choice there.

(10-22-2018, 09:01 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: That being said, the answer is not Cody Kessler.

Still don't understand how so many people can so confidently and so flatly pronounce this as fact. The last time Kessler got a decent sample of starts he was as good as Blake has ever been, he had a great preseason, and he did better than Blake last game. He's probably not the long term answer, but if the evidence give any answer in either direction, it says that Kessler is a better option right now than Bortles.

Bortles is another mistake at the QB position. Honestly I rate Leftwich ahead of him because he at least was a student of the game. Way too much effort is made to excuse and hide the most important position in the sport. He is a waste of time and you can't have junk play like this at that position.

The line was doing good enough to start the game and he did nothing kinda of like he mostly does season after season. This team bent over backwards for him and is screwed.

Hooray for the coaches thinking Hyde and Fournette are going to fix anything and be a hammer. What a great way to treat Yeldon who is playing hurt and busting his butt. This organization is a joke.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

LOL at all these experts talking about making the opposing team prepare for both QBs. How can you prepare for more garbage than the garbage you are already preparing for? Geniuses on this board. I tell ya.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-22-2018, 10:24 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Bortles is another mistake at the QB position.  Honestly I rate Leftwich ahead of him because he at least was a student of the game. Way too much effort is made to excuse and hide the most important position in the sport. He is a waste of time and you can't have junk play like this at that position.

The line was doing good enough to start the game and he did nothing kinda of like he mostly does season after season.   This team bent over backwards for him and is screwed.

Hooray for the coaches thinking Hyde and Fournette are going to fix anything and be a hammer. What a great way to treat Yeldon who is playing hurt and busting his butt.  This organization is a joke.

FWIW, Cole killed the 2nd series and 3rd series of the game for us. Doesn't excuse Bortles' two fumbles, but Cole did single handily kill two, back to back series with 3rd down drops.

Isn't going to matter who's throwing the football if these guys continue to drop balls.

Keep it up, guys, I'm diggin' this meltdown mode stuff.... Some of you guys take your football way too seriously.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]