Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taryn Christion QB

Sooo another offseason of looking at QBs...
This years crop is unfortunately barren compared to the last two seasons so not even sure there is a potential starter there for us.  

One guy I am really interested in right now is Taryn Christion of South Dakota State. All of the Dallas Goedert fans would have seen him throwing the ball. 

Short breakdown :

- He's 6'2 220 or so. Size isn't a big deal for me but some of those lower level QBs can end up being skinny as hell so it's nice he looks the part.   

- Been very productive at that level. Likely holds a ton of division records for QB play after this year. Already has 2 seasons over 30 TDs and likely finishes with 3 after this year. His accuracy is at 60% and while that isn't great he throws deep a lot and his 55% as true freshman brings it down a lot. 

- Very athletic and mobile. He's a threat to run and is very agile. I would say he's pretty good at picking his spots to run but need to watch more. 

- Arm is good imo but again need to watch more. Watching lower levels it can be hard to determine arm strength and overall talent but to me it looks fine. Has a quick release and the variety of angles he gets the ball out at is impressive. Some of his touch on deep balls is very nice.  

- Great at playing out of structure but with that comes some head scratching plays. He's a very instinctual player and you like to see that but at the same time he has a habit of doing too much. Has a 9 turnover game under his belt so definitely a flaw. 

- All the intangibles. Team captain , great leader etc etc etc. 

Gonna do a write up with clips when I have my laptop back. He's not even close to a sure thing , just seen a lot to like with him for a small schools guy and that's where the value might be next year. Devlin Hodges is another small schools QB to take a look at.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!