Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Kelly?

Would you take a flyer? 

I’m not too familiar with his abilities (or lack thereof) but he was released by Denver and he outperformed a high round draft pick in training camp (Lynch). 

Yes he was arrested but I feel Coughlin and Co. could whip him into shape. 

At this point what do we have to lose?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Got a feeling he may be imminently facing a drug suspension based upon his behavior.

If the kid could sell you in an interview that he wants to get his act put back together -- then he'd be a decent camp competition guy to have around next summer.

He's very talented but he's one of those guys that always seems to get himself in trouble and has a bad injury history.

I'd much prefer to have a guy like him than Tanner Lee as the 3rd QB but the rest of what he brings means he's pretty unreliable.

No. He is a decent QB, but he's a total headcase. Our locker room is starting to get dysfunction as it is. We don't need to add a "bad seed" to the mix.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 03:14 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

I am on the 'why not' train. Guy has talent. Our offense really needs talent. Could it blow up? sure. But we are already blowing up this year, so its not like thats even a change. Plus hes coming on the cheap, so its not like hes a long term commitment if it goes wrong.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

If he wasn't Jim Kelly's nephew, this thread wouldn't exist. Pass.

(10-24-2018, 03:37 PM)TJBender Wrote: If he wasn't Jim Kelly's nephew, this thread wouldn't exist. Pass.

That never factored into my reasoning, not that I can prove it. 

A 7th rounder QB beating out a 1st round pick was what made me take notice. That doesn’t happen often

(10-24-2018, 03:37 PM)TJBender Wrote: If he wasn't Jim Kelly's nephew, this thread wouldn't exist. Pass.

Well, independent of that he is a very talented QB.

NO

Exhibit A - Johnny Manziel

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'll be happy when we have a QB where we aren't having threads like this anymore.

Three weeks ago, I thought we did.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(10-24-2018, 08:24 PM)pirkster Wrote: I'll be happy when we have a QB where we aren't having threads like this anymore.

Could be a long wait

(10-24-2018, 08:24 PM)pirkster Wrote: I'll be happy when we have a QB where we aren't having threads like this anymore.

There will be a thread like this for every QB that gets released between now and May 2019.

(10-24-2018, 11:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:

There will be a thread like this for every QB that gets released between now and May 2019.

and usually overlooking the why....they got released in the first place.
I've had enough drama with cokeheads and drunks.....no matter what their talent.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-24-2018, 08:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: NO

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we signed Manziel with Kaepernick out there?

I might catch a lot of heat for this one. But honestly Johnny Manziel is worth a look... he's married now, and is clean (hard to believe on both counts I know). He never lacked the talent, just the maturity which I believe he has now. He's basically what youd get if you gave Kessler Bortles' mobility. Manziel can hand the ball off, I KNOW he can get the ball out quicker, and his mobility makes him dangerous. Prior to week 3 of this year he was the only QB to win for the Browns in a very long time. He's playing in the CFL now, just picked up his first win and has looked progressively better every game. What do we have to lose? At best he's our Flutie and at worst... he's no worse than Blake or Kessler... There really isn't a better option and with the CFL season now done he can be had for NO COST at the minimum.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2018, 11:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-29-2018, 06:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: I might catch a lot of heat for this one. But honestly Johnny Manziel is worth a look... he's married now, and is clean (hard to believe on both counts I know). He never lacked the talent, just the maturity which I believe he has now. He's basically what youd get if you gave Kessler Bortles' mobility. Manziel can hand the ball off, I KNOW he can get the ball out quicker, and his mobility makes him dangerous. Prior to week 3 of this year he was the only QB to win for the Browns in a very long time. He's playing in the CFL now, just picked up his first win and has looked progressively better every game. What do we have to lose? At best he's our Flutie and at worst... he's no worse than Blake or Kessler... There really isn't a better option and with the CFL season now done he can be had for NO COST at the minimum.

Id be good with it, as you said he has gotten better and better each game

(10-28-2018, 06:22 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 08:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: NO

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we signed Manziel with Kaepernick out there?

Not really hilarious, if we signed one or the other Manziel would be the smart choice.  Kap hasnt played a game in a couple years and Manziel is getting better in better in each CFL game he played

You know the season has gone down the toilet when people want Manziel to come back based on him playing well in the CFL.

I mean cmon guys, I know you are better than that

Manziel.....Seriously?
The bar jokes would go off the charts......but, at least he's playing and working on his craft.
How many players move to the NFL from the CFL?
Do they ever make it back?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-30-2018, 07:43 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Manziel.....Seriously?
The bar jokes would go off the charts......but, at least he's playing and working on his craft.

Warren Moon is the first that comes to mind.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-30-2018, 07:46 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 07:43 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Manziel.....Seriously?

Warren Moon is the first that comes to mind.

Flutie, of course