Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oh come on now....Give Bradley his credit

Quote:Understand that, but I'm not sure Poz would necessarily get isolated on a Wr like that given the field position.

It really depends on how they line up. They may get a grouping they like and dial it up, but they don't know how they're going line up. In nickel, you could scheme that up against Poz, as we've seen

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Poz should never be in that spot regardless of the blitz.

I'm not sure why you're are saying this. Everyone believes that statement to be true, including the coaches. When they call a blitz, it's based on the down and distance but also the personnel grouping. Knowing the grouping doesn't mean knowing how they will line up.

Quote:I'm not sure why you're are saying this. Everyone believes that statement to be true, including the coaches. When they call a blitz, it's based on the down and distance but also the personnel grouping. Knowing the grouping doesn't mean knowing how they will line up.

You said more conventional blitzs would mean more situations like that. I'm saying Poz should NEVER be in man coverage on the 3rd WR against that formation. Regardless of what blitz you use.

Quote:After what I saw in the 1st half against a below average Bears team, and given 2 weeks to prepare for them and Hoyer, who has played against Gus before so he should know what to expect, I don't think anybody out there can call Gus a good coach. I just don't see it.

He isn't even an average HC at this time.

Can that change? It's very unlikely from what I have seen these last 3 1/4 years.

Hoyer came in with 1000 yds 6 tds and no picks. Seems other teams have had trouble, not only limiting him but also forcing him into mistakes. While we didn't force him into mistakes, it took him almost 50 passes to breach 300 yds and he threw 0 tds.

At some point ARob has to get going and take over a game. I'm not sure what is going on but I was expecting a lot more from Bortles and Robinson coming into the season especially after Preseason. Not sure what is going on. Probably our least productive receiver minus the redzone. The rest is on Lee, Hurns, Thomas and Benn?

No pain, no gain.

Quote:At some point ARob has to get going and take over a game. I'm not sure what is going on but I was expecting a lot more from Bortles and Robinson coming into the season especially after Preseason. Not sure what is going on. Probably our least productive receiver minus the redzone. The rest is on Lee, Hurns, Thomas and Benn?

It could be worse, we could have 2016 OBJ..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Hoyer came in with 1000 yds 6 tds and no picks. Seems other teams have had trouble, not only limiting him but also forcing him into mistakes. While we didn't force him into mistakes, it took him almost 50 passes to breach 300 yds and he threw 0 tds.
But how many games has he won? He is a pedestrian QB and their team is a below average team. We are no better but managed to squeak out a win. If you believe we have talent to be a good team then coaching is the reason we are a below average team.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:It could be worse, we could have 2016 OBJ..
Gavin ‏@gavinpaul_6  21m21 minutes ago

OBJ through 6 games:

2014: 31 catches, 463 yards, 3 TDs

2015: 38 catches, 489 yards, 4 TDs

2016: 35 catches, 581 yards, 3 TDs

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class="">Come again?

Quote:This team still baffles me but a win feels good.

I agree with everything KYJaggy said. Stop dropping lineman in coverage. Just stop.
Zone Blitz has been a thing for a long time..  I never liked it but it must have worked somewhere if it's done...  

Quote: 

<div>Gavin ‏@gavinpaul_6  21m21 minutes ago

OBJ through 6 games:

2014: 31 catches, 463 yards, 3 TDs

2015: 38 catches, 489 yards, 4 TDs

2016: 35 catches, 581 yards, 3 TDs

Come again?

</div>

Fair point.

I'd still much rather have Allen Robinson.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:But how many games has he won? He is a pedestrian QB and their team is a below average team. We are no better but managed to squeak out a win. If you believe we have talent to be a good team then coaching is the reason we are a below average team.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

My point was he has looked better against the other teams he's faced. The D made him fire short and we came up and tackled. Not sure aesthetically how you wanted it to look but it worked. Good gamelan

Quote:Zone Blitz has been a thing for a long time.. I never liked it but it must have worked somewhere if it's done...

Pittsburgh?

Quote:At some point ARob has to get going and take over a game. I'm not sure what is going on but I was expecting a lot more from Bortles and Robinson coming into the season especially after Preseason. Not sure what is going on. Probably our least productive receiver minus the redzone. The rest is on Lee, Hurns, Thomas and Benn?
ARob can't help it that for some reason, this team isn't throwing the ball downfield. He can't take over a game unless it's thrown to him.