Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carlos Hyde Predictions

Chalk it up however you want but only 9 rushes is terrible play calling. We were number 1 just last year in rushing. We lose Robinson and we only run 9 times.

I saw plenty of chances to run the ball and control the clock.

Man look how important Fournette is to this team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-28-2018, 03:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:15 PM)Jagwired Wrote: When your line cannot run block, you don't run. It is evident the line is not capable of run block at this time. They are barely capable of giving the QB 2 full seconds to make any type of decision. Run or pass or bail for his life.

Haha then it was brilliant to trade for a RB lol

This guy trolling as usual.

There's not another team forum I visit that trolls its own team like this one does.

Pathetic.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-28-2018, 04:28 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Haha then it was brilliant to trade for a RB lol

This guy trolling as usual.

There's not another team forum I visit that trolls its own team like this one does.

Pathetic.

How is he trolling? You think it makes sense to trade a pick for a RB when the HC comes out and says they don't have confidence in the O line to run it? Seriously that makes sense to you? They have four starters out there.

(10-28-2018, 04:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 04:28 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: This guy trolling as usual.

Pathetic.

How is he trolling? You think it makes sense to trade a pick for a RB when the HC comes out and says they don't have confidence in the O line to run it? Seriously that makes sense to you? They have four starters out there.

How long has Hyde been here?  Less than two weeks?  Of course he doesn't know the offense yet.  

I don't find it odd at all that this injured and stitched together O line couldn't effectively run block against the Eagles D line.  Yes, it makes sense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-28-2018, 04:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 04:28 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: This guy trolling as usual.

Pathetic.

The talking heads on the radio are trashing the sentiment the team has 4/5 starters on the OL out there.

They have a point when you are talking about the passing game.  LTs are your most important pass protector.  That is historically why they are the highest drafted OL position, and why they are historically the highest paid OL position.  In passing situations, 3rd team LT are typically not going to be good enough to handle a team's best pass rusher consistently.  In fact, he will be a decided weakness that you will have to game plan around.

That is the case with any team.

But in short yardage run downs, it's different.  While the feet and agility are still important, it becomes more a battle of leverage and power.

A 3rd team LT should be less of a liability on those situations than in passing downs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-28-2018, 04:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/BrentASJax/st...8502774796

Taken with the Marrone comments on the lack of confidence in the OL to convert short yardage, I'm even more confused.

A team is missing its best pass blocker and his top backup, and it has more confidence in pass protection than short yardage?!?

(10-28-2018, 04:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/BrentASJax/st...8502774796

Been screaming this

(10-28-2018, 04:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Taken with the Marrone comments on the lack of confidence in the OL to convert short yardage, I'm even more confused.

A team is missing its best pass blocker and his top backup, and it has more confidence in pass protection than short yardage?!?
It's like they are panicking to catch up while trailing on the scoreboard.  Like time will be an issue

Pretty much what we were all saying in the game thready. It was unbelievable, especially with the amount of short yardage situations we were in, including the final series when we gave the ball back on downs (which started with a 2nd&2)

It's even worse than the Titans game.

(10-28-2018, 05:02 PM)The Real Joker2 Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 04:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Taken with the Marrone comments on the lack of confidence in the OL to convert short yardage, I'm even more confused.

It's like they are panicking to catch up while trailing on the scoreboard.  Like time will be an issue

Well, I could see a team falling behind and panicking.

But these explanations don't make much sense to me.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018, 05:12 PM by The Real Joker2.)

(10-28-2018, 05:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 05:02 PM)The Real Joker2 Wrote: It's like they are panicking to catch up while trailing on the scoreboard.  Like time will be an issue

Well, I could see a team falling behind and panicking.

But these explanations don't make much sense to me.
They are attempting so hard to play with a lead then let time, run game and defense win the game.  The problem is when the opposition goes up a score or two.  We drop the run game to automatically go into catch up mode. Which could explain the drops and fumbles.

Looks like TC will have to have prayer meetings when they get home......
starting with the coaching staff...all the way down to the bar hoppers...
In fact , it wouldn't surprise me if it started on the flight home.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I think I won he did run with the ball in his hands. I did see that a few times. Right? Or might have just been imagining it and it was a pass again.

Anyone have healthy scratch in this prediction thread?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

IMO I think they should keep him for 2019 and shelf LF.

Hyde on limited play showed he could run down hill and wants to play. LF is too much of a liability to let Hyde go, unless they are trying to cut cap space since he will be 4.75M savings if released. I think a back like Hyde for that much money is a steal IMO.

Keep Hyde, resign Yeldon, def keep Williams (He impressed me yesterday), LF (you know he will get hurt again,)and you get Corey Grant back and you probably have a top 5 back field for a rookie QB coming in next year.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I have no idea what they want to do with Hyde, but he has an out clause with no dead money if they release him at season's end.
Next year he'd cost 4.75 mil. They may elect to keep things cheap in the RB room with Fournette an a rookie deal, Williams, who is set me make 600K, and a late round pick. Corey Grant may or may not be part of the equation as we don't know how he'll run after an achilles rehab. Yeldon is anybody's guess. I think they'll let TJ walk.

I certainly didn't think Hyde would underwhelm the coaches to the point he'd be a healthy scratch, but Williams showed why he leap-frogged him on the depth chart.

Makes me wonder if Hyde isn't a playbook guy. I guess he wasn't big on blocking/chipping.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-17-2018, 12:00 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Makes me wonder if Hyde isn't a playbook guy.  I guess he wasn't big on blocking/chipping.

This playbook is trash. I don't blame him.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

What a waste of 5th round value lol. Browns absolutely stole that 5th rounder. Since the trade, Chubb has led the league in yards. He likely is gone because of cap too.