Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The 2018 TE class

That Kittle thread was very good for my brand. Man, if we had ended up with Howard and Hunt. Or X not LF and Kittle. And people say it's hindsight that we aren't happy with LF, nope there were plenty of people vehemently against him from before day 1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2018, 03:32 PM)JackCity Wrote: I still believe Bucky Hodges never got a fair shake

Why not?  He was drafted and couldnt stick on a roster

Hodges killed it for himself. I remember tweets after he was drafted about how he had some of the worst work ethic the beat writer had ever seen.

(12-26-2018, 06:17 PM)Upper Wrote: That Kittle thread was very good for my brand. Man, if we had ended up with Howard and Hunt. Or X not LF and Kittle. And people say it's hindsight that we aren't happy with LF, nope there were plenty of people vehemently against him from before day 1.

Hunt wouldn't even be on this team right now, so in hindsight, that pick would have been even worse than the Fournette pick and I hated the Fournette pick.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2018, 06:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-26-2018, 06:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 06:17 PM)Upper Wrote: That Kittle thread was very good for my brand. Man, if we had ended up with Howard and Hunt. Or X not LF and Kittle. And people say it's hindsight that we aren't happy with LF, nope there were plenty of people vehemently against him from before day 1.

Hunt wouldn't even be on this team right now, so in hindsight, that pick would have been even worse than the Fournette pick and I hated the Fournette pick.

Yeah, I hope he meant McCaffrey. McCaffrey, Cam, Dede, and Kittle would of stacked up with the some of our greatest drafts

(12-26-2018, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 06:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Hunt wouldn't even be on this team right now, so in hindsight, that pick would have been even worse than the Fournette pick and I hated the Fournette pick.

Yeah, I hope he meant McCaffrey. McCaffrey, Cam, Dede, and Kittle would of stacked up with the some of our greatest drafts

I hate comparing people like this because there are to many variables like the o line and play calling that factor in to say one is better than the other. Mac certainly has a big upside with his pass catching ability but we can't know what leonard would have done behind their line or the other way around.

(12-26-2018, 06:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

I'm not going to assume that he would be the exact same off the field had he wound up with a different team.

Months ago I mentioned Jace Sternberger. He's got the hands. He's got the height. He's got the speed. He's got the tenacity. The only thing lacking right now is heft. He's a little on the thin side, but that can be remedied. Sternberger should be sitting at the top of the TE draft board, if he declares. He's still a junior.

(12-26-2018, 07:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Months ago I mentioned Jace Sternberger. He's got the hands. He's got the height. He's got the speed. He's got the tenacity. The only thing lacking right now is heft. He's a little on the thin side, but that can be remedied. Sternberger should be sitting at the top of the TE draft board, if he declares. He's still a junior.

I like him a lot too

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...light=Jace

(12-26-2018, 07:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Months ago I mentioned Jace Sternberger. He's got the hands. He's got the height. He's got the speed. He's got the tenacity. The only thing lacking right now is heft. He's a little on the thin side, but that can be remedied. Sternberger should be sitting at the top of the TE draft board, if he declares. He's still a junior.

Sternberger is one of the best pass catching TE's in college football. It's just a matter of whether he declares. I really like him, Albert Okwuegbunam and Irv Smith, but all are underclassmen who have yet to announce their intentions.

(12-26-2018, 06:17 PM)Upper Wrote:  And people say it's hindsight that we aren't happy with LF, nope there were plenty of people vehemently against him from before day 1.

This is true.
If people didn't have an issue with the player, certainly the position and timing.
Outside of Barkley, Adrian, Gurley.... not sure I've seen many RBs worthy of a top 5 selection... Hell... even top 10.
CmC is making a case for himself but as a different kind of back. Run CmC was btw my favorite RB from that draft.

(12-26-2018, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I like him a lot too

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...light=Jace

(12-26-2018, 11:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Sternberger is one of the best pass catching TE's in college football. It's just a matter of whether he declares. I really like him, Albert Okwuegbunam and Irv Smith, but all are underclassmen who have yet to announce their intentions.

He good.

(12-26-2018, 07:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 06:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Hunt wouldn't even be on this team right now, so in hindsight, that pick would have been even worse than the Fournette pick and I hated the Fournette pick.

I'm not going to assume that he would be the exact same off the field had he wound up with a different team.

Then you also shouldn't assume that his, or another player's on field production would be the exact same had they wound up with this team.

Man, y'all, until we figure out the QB position, I just can't even think about TE.

https://twitter.com/_Jstern/status/1080151101054296064

(01-01-2019, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Nice, I thing he could be a target for us

(01-01-2019, 01:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Good news! Hell yeah. We need him, bad. Make this one of your missions, Dave Caldwell.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 05:34 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Stanford TE Kaden Smith also declared for the draft today as well. He's not too shabby either.

Isaac Nauta has entered the Draft...another interesting prospect.

(01-04-2019, 08:36 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Isaac Nauta has entered the Draft...another interesting prospect.

This class is shaping up nicely.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."