Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bigger threat to Florida than a Category 5 Hurricane

(11-07-2018, 10:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 10:19 AM)TJBender Wrote: Edit: typing on phones sucks. Sorry for the typos below.

I actually agree with a lot of this. Point by point below because I can:

1. Agreed
2. The Democrats ran a terrible candidate. I think a better candidate would have won given how weak DeSantis is. Wouldn't be shocked if he was another one-term governor given how much of his platform was tied directly to Trump.
3. I agree. DeSantis was a very weak candidate. TBQH, had Adam Putnam cleared the primary, I think he would have put a wig on Gillum and mopped the for with him.
4. Regarding Abrams, I continue to question the legitimacy of that election. Having a candidate in the election running the show is an indefensible conflict of interest, as demonstrated by the baseless allegations days before the election that the Democratic party was attempting to hack the voting system. Many on this board will look at that and say, "Will of course they did, Dems always cheat," but I'm looking at it asking again, why was a participant in the election allowed to control it and make those statements days before the final votes were cast?
5. Democrats can play this one of two ways. They can work with Trump on some things, but mostly pass progressive legislation that Trump won't sign, then use that unwillingness to work with them against Trump in 2020. Or they can immediately go into all kinds of hearings and investigations, then start making noise about impeachment long before Mueller releases his final report. Option one is the best part to victory in 2020. Democrats in Congress are stupid, so they'll default to option 2.
6. See above
7. In many ways, it is, especially when combined with the house races. Democrats have turned large chunks of Texas (including Houston) blue and mounted a very serious challenge to Ted Cruz. The battle is lost, but the war for Texas has just begun.
8. It's been Trump's GOP since 2016. He's just getting the last major opposition out of the way.
9. I don't know. I think Ginsburg will hold on until 2020 before retiring our walking away. Trump may will survive into a second term, but the Senate map is tougher for the GOP than this year's was. Susan Collins is already all but a goner.
10. I would hope Pelosi is out, and she's kind of acknowledged that her time is limited, but "sane" is another story. The Democratic party needs a face and a message in 2020, and despite my hopes for Tulsi Gabbard to be that centrist face, it's probably going to be a far leftist that gets the job.
11. The thought of Maxine Waters being allowed anywhere near the treasury should scare anyone.
10 (the second). I doubt they go after Kavanaugh at this point, unless something new comes up from someone not named Michael Avenatti. Trump is a different story. If they go after him and fail, kiss 2020 goodbye. If there's enough evidence there that Chuck Grassley becomes a 21st century Howard Baker, then that's a different story.

And after 3 hurricanes in 3 years in the Panhandle, global warming is real and it sucks.

The Texas thing is interesting and it also got me thinking about Arizona. The Arizona senate race shouldn't have even been close. Senema is insane.

Arizona especially is where people are relocating to from California because they can no longer afford to live there. The astonishing this is, they are still voting for the same type of candidates that made their old state un-affordable in the first place. Like cockroaches spreading their disease.

The policies put forward by Democrats at the national level have nothing to do with why California has unaffordable housing prices.
Their local Democrats have been putting forward rent control in many places, and that makes matters worse for newcomers, while delaying the inevitable for poorer residents, but it's not the main reason.
The main reasons California is so unaffordable are Prop 13 and local zoning, and those are very much bipartisan issues.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bigger threat to Florida than a Category 5 Hurricane - by mikesez - 11-07-2018, 10:49 AM