Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Megyn Kelly Canned

Well, that one didn't last long. Not sure why she thought these loons would accept her in the first place. At least she will get a nice settlement out of it. Not bad for a years work.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From what I understand about what she said, there really was nothing wrong with it.  She is basically a victim of PC madness.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018, 12:21 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-26-2018, 11:36 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: From what I understand about what she said, there really was nothing wrong with it.  She is basically a victim of PC madness.

This is why you don't apologize in the face of liberal outrage over political correctness.The craziest ones driving the train don't care about it and are gonna go for a pound of flesh anyway. They don't believe what they say, just want to use it to take down others.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Do I agree with what she said? Partially. If I was a TV host, would I say what she said out loud, on a nationally broadcast program? Absolutely not! I'd like to think most people would be smarter than that. Apparently, she wasn't. I don't feel sorry for her. When you're in the public eye, you have to steer clear of a lot of controversial issues. Like it or not, we live in a hyper P.C. society. I hate it, but it's just the way it is and there is no going back, no matter how much Trumpettes try to force the issue. She had to have known there would be repercussions for stating that opinion out loud, unless she is completely brain dead.

(10-26-2018, 11:36 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: From what I understand about what she said, there really was nothing wrong with it.  She is basically a victim of PC madness.

Do you think African-Americans have no reason to be offended by white people in blackface makeup?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-26-2018, 12:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Do I agree with what she said? Partially. If I was a TV host, would I say what she said out loud, on a nationally broadcast program? Absolutely not! I'd like to think most people would be smarter than that. Apparently, she wasn't. I don't feel sorry for her. When you're in the public eye, you have to steer clear of a lot of controversial issues. Like it or not, we live in a hyper P.C. society. I hate it, but it's just the way it is and there is no going back, no matter how much Trumpettes try to force the issue. She had to have known there would be repercussions for stating that opinion out loud, unless she is completely brain dead.

lol ... I think she had a brain fart and thought she was still on Fox and not NBC. She probably thought Tucker, Sean and Laura would find it funny.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Megyn Kelly banked on Trump losing and using that to boost her career. I believe NBC hired her knowing their intent was to do something like this to her.

Basically, Trump killed her career.

(10-26-2018, 12:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Do you think African-Americans have no reason to be offended by white people in blackface makeup?

In a world where people are looking to be offended by any utterance?  

Were blacks offended when a nice lefty like Jimmy Kimmel went black face to impersonate an NBA player, and took it a step further by sounding like a complete buffoon?  I don't recall there being anyone complaining at the time.  I must have missed the faux outrage.

NBC was looking for an excuse to get rid of Kelly because her ratings were in the tank.  Hence the outrage over an otherwise harmless statement.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-26-2018, 01:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Megyn Kelly banked on Trump losing and using that to boost her career. I believe NBC hired her knowing their intent was to do something like this to her.

Basically, Trump killed her career.

That Donald Trump just wreaks havoc everywhere.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

FBT beat me to the Jimmy Kimmel reference. The double standard is amazing.

(10-26-2018, 01:44 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 12:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Do you think African-Americans have no reason to be offended by white people in blackface makeup?

In a world where people are looking to be offended by any utterance?  

Were blacks offended when a nice lefty like Jimmy Kimmel went black face to impersonate an NBA player, and took it a step further by sounding like a complete buffoon?  I don't recall there being anyone complaining at the time.  I must have missed the faux outrage.

NBC was looking for an excuse to get rid of Kelly because her ratings were in the tank.  Hence the outrage over an otherwise harmless statement.

I'm glad Hannity keeps you updated, but this wasn't an answer to my question. Jimmy Kimmel wore black makeup to impersonate Lebron James. Is this equivalent to the stereotypes portrayed by Amos and Andy?

Do you think African-Americans have any reason to be offended by white people in blackface makeup?
- Bob Marley

(10-26-2018, 01:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 12:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Do you think African-Americans have no reason to be offended by white people in blackface makeup?

FBT beat me to the Jimmy Kimmel reference. The double standard is amazing.

Did  Jimmy Kimmel criticize Kelly?
- Bob Marley

(10-26-2018, 01:52 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 01:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: FBT beat me to the Jimmy Kimmel reference. The double standard is amazing.

Did  Jimmy Kimmel criticize Kelly?

Not Kelly, black people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wse5lgIDxM

(10-26-2018, 01:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 01:52 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Did  Jimmy Kimmel criticize Kelly?

Not Kelly, black people.

Yea. And that was done in poor taste.

What's the point? Both were in the wrong.

You're just diverting the attention. Jimmy was in the wrong. Kelly was in the wrong. It's a PC world now where everything will be scrutinized. She should have known better and so should Jimmy. His was done years ago before the PC culture arrived but still doesn't make it right.

(10-26-2018, 09:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Well, that one didn't last long. Not sure why she thought these loons would accept her in the first place. At least she will get a nice settlement out of it. Not bad for a years work.

Anyone who didn't see this coming a mile away is blind. She doesn't play well to NBC's audience in the first place, she had an unreasonably massive contract and her ratings were so bad that most affiliates would have been better off running infomercials than her hour of Today. This was just the convenient excuse NBC needed. That's not to say that I would condone the comment she made at all, but it falls under the superstar theory. If she's pulling in ratings and advertiser dollars hand over foot, she gets suspended for a week then comes back with a tearful apology and a promise never to do it again. Because she's an albatross around NBC's necks, they took the opportunity to make an example of her and rid themselves of a healthy chunk of her salary in the process.

(10-26-2018, 02:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 01:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not Kelly, black people.

Yea. And that was done in poor taste.

What's the point? Both were in the wrong.

You're just diverting the attention. Jimmy was in the wrong. Kelly was in the wrong. It's a PC world now where everything will be scrutinized. She should have known better and so should Jimmy. His was done years ago before the PC culture arrived but still doesn't make it right.
Both were wrong. One is still gainfully employed.

See how that works?

The point behind showing the hypocrisy isn't to justify either side's use of it. It's to show that it's only "offensive" when one side uses it.

Kelly played her cards, and when Trump lost, she lost any conservative support she had.

She either had to changed her stances on everything to cater to their viewers or remain consistent and hope the viewers keep coming. She was destined to fail.

It depends on context.  I haven't seen the clip of her exchange, only read about it.  It is my understanding that it had to do with a white person wearing a Halloween costume dressed up as Diana Ross.  If I recall what I read, her comments were along the lines of "what's wrong with it if you're doing a character" or something like that.  She also said that when she was a little girl there was nothing wrong with "being in character".

If that was the case, then there is nothing wrong with a white person wearing "black face" in order to be in character.  If black people are "offended" by that then they are the ones with a problem.  Wouldn't a "white" Diana Ross costume be more offensive?

With that being said, I really don't care about Megyn Kelly or her career.  I liked her reporting and commentary at one time, but it's since dropped off.... almost like she became part of the "media establishment".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018, 08:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I believe there is a real difference between real black grease paint makeup like in an old time minstrel show and someone who uses light brown body paint, like that elementary school kid who was suspended a couple of years ago, because he had to do a presentation of someone he admired and he chose President Obama. In the first example, the true black faced makeup is definitely racist, but the second example I don't think is offensive at all. You can pretty much tell by the Halloween outfit, what the intent of the persona actually is. Unfortunately, this is not how the world works. No matter the intent, everyone will get in trouble for doing it.