Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gotta give it to Bortles

Despite his errors he came out did what he needed to when it counted the most. An ugly win is still a win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Despite his errors he came out did what he needed to when it counted the most. An ugly win is still a win.

Amen!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

He pulled it out. Props from me to him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I don't know man..   even winning feels like losing..   yuck

They finally played to his strengths. At some point they gotta just let him go out there 4 wide and sling the ball around.

I'll eat humble pie, he got the job done.

I wish people would stop saying that even winning feels like losing, this was an example overcoming adversity and making the plays and pulling out a win
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

That's our QB... let's get back to last seasons Bortles next week!!

Quote:They finally played to his strengths. At some point they gotta just let him go out there 4 wide and sling the ball around.

This. Let the kid sling it around, up tempo stuff. We scored 17 in a quarter doing that. We beat Indy doing that.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Credit where credit is due, he had a rough game but he pulled it together at the end and we got the win.

Good job.

Fire gus.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Despite his errors he came out did what he needed to when it counted the most. An ugly win is still a win.

It's weird, in the two minute offense at the ends of halves his passes actually seem to start getting more on target. Not sure why the rest of the game he is so wild.

Quote:It's weird, in the two minute offense at the ends of halves his passes actually seem to start getting more on target. Not sure why the rest of the game he is so wild.

Just to mess with us.

He needs to play better the first 3 quarters. Other than that, glad he found a way to lead us.

Shoulda had a 2 TD no INT stat line but ARob had a huge misstep. Overall still didn't play well for 2 quarters (1st and 4th I thought he played good football). Good enough to win but needs to improve.

Quote:Shoulda had a 2 TD no INT stat line but ARob had a huge misstep. Overall still didn't play well for 2 quarters (1st and 4th I thought he played good football). Good enough to win but needs to improve.

First things first, our receivers need to stop batting balls up to get intercepted. He's had three picks this season off popped up passes, and only one of those was bad enough that it should have happened.

I was shocked to see it bounce off of Arob's hands at his midsection, he's usually the best hands guy on the team.

He delivered in the 4th quarter and was a very uncharacteristic drop by ARob from having a 2 TD 0 INT game. But he's still regressed with his accuracy and makes some boneheaded plays - that fumble almost cost us the game. 

Quote:Shoulda had a 2 TD no INT stat line but ARob had a huge misstep. Overall still didn't play well for 2 quarters (1st and 4th I thought he played good football). Good enough to win but needs to improve.
That works both ways too, though. If he should have had the Arob dropped TD then it is only fair to say he shouldn't have had the Benn TD. Regardless, Blake has been barely good enough to win two extremely ugly games against the two worst defenses he'll face next this year. Next week we'll see if these two small steps are a pattern of real incremental improvement or simply the result of two cupcake matchups.

Quote:This. Let the kid sling it around, up tempo stuff. We scored 17 in a quarter doing that. We beat Indy doing that.
agreed. Why wait til we are losing? Seems we are only a competitive team once we abandon the terrible gameplan

His 4th quarter stat line was fantastic. I only got to catch the end of the 3rd and 4th quarters but he looked good in the last quarter for sure. 

Quote:agreed. Why wait til we are losing? Seems we are only a competitive team once we abandon the terrible gameplan

Seems like [BLEEP] coaching.