Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns Fire Hue Jackson

Per ESPN 

Honestly feel bad for the guy. He was given a bare cupboard until this year. He finally gets a potential good QB and barely gets a chance to make it work.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sure took them long enough. I remember people (myself included) clamoring for him to come here a while back. Dodged a bullet...

And Haley is gone too.

Lots of rumors about Lincoln Riley getting offered the job.

[Image: hg511.jpg]

(10-29-2018, 01:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And Haley is gone too.

Lots of rumors about Lincoln Riley getting offered the job.

Maybe after the season, but hiring an outside coach during the season involves a lot of work, perhaps more than can be done by tomorrow when the team needs to start prepping for the next game.

My guess would actually be that Al Saunders takes over as interim HC. He's in a role with no specific responsibility to a certain position, and promoting him would avoid effectively replacing all three coordinators in the space of 24 hours during midseason.

So much for the Browns being past all the dysfunction.

I was really hoping for him to finish the season out. I wanted to see if he finished with a worse win percentage than Gus.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We should follow their lead.

(10-29-2018, 01:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We should follow their lead.

Not even close. 

Marrone at least has a winning record to his name here and two playoff wins. 

Comparing him to Jackson is just pure bollocks, and we’re all dumber for hearing this useless rambling

Not yet. If the Ice Cream Parade got 3.8 years for repeated failure, Marrone gets more than 8 games coming off an AFCCG appearance. Besides, who would we replace him with, realistically, that would be any better?

IMO, the issues with the offense are talent and play calling. The issue with the D is that our scheme has been figured out and Wash hasn't adjusted. Both coordinators should receive pink slips at the end of the year, but we'd have to really tank it up the rest on the way to justify firing Marrone.

I like Haley, he's a good OC and did some really nice work with the Steelers.

I'd be happy with him coming in as OC, don't think it will happen but he knows how to use high scoring O's.

Why fire Jackson now? The Brown's look the best they have since he took over, and they promote Gregg Williams? Really?

Guy is a cheat and cheap shot merchant.

(10-29-2018, 02:40 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Not yet. If the Ice Cream Parade got 3.8 years for repeated failure, Marrone gets more than 8 games coming off an AFCCG appearance. Besides, who would we replace him with, realistically, that would be any better?

IMO, the issues with the offense are talent and play calling. The issue with the D is that our scheme has been figured out and Wash hasn't adjusted. Both coordinators should receive pink slips at the end of the year, but we'd have to really tank it up the rest on the way to justify firing Marrone.

I am fine giving Douglas another year with 2 NEW coordinators under him. I used to think 3, but ST has kind of turned it around lately.

My biggest fear for this team is letting him take the JDR approach of firing multiple coordinators without realizing who the actual problem is.

We shall see!

No, we shouldn't.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-29-2018, 02:44 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I like Haley, he's a good OC and did some really nice work with the Steelers.

I'd be happy with him coming in as OC, don't think it will happen but he knows how to use high scoring O's.

Why fire Jackson now? The Brown's look the best they have since he took over, and they promote Gregg Williams? Really?

Guy is a cheat and cheap shot merchant.
Haley has talked, alienated and/or fought his way out of jobs with three different teams now (Chiefs, Steelers, Browns). At some point, you have to give up on this individual being a well adjusted member of society and a capable coach.

(10-29-2018, 02:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My biggest fear for this team is letting him take the JDR approach of firing multiple coordinators without realizing who the actual problem is.
I'll rack up a $64,000 bar tab to that.

Gus is pissed. Hue was on track for breaking his record 12-48 as the worst coach ever.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2018, 03:56 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I would take Todd Haley (former UNF fellow alum) as our OC next year with a new QB.

(10-29-2018, 03:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Gus is pissed.  Hue was on track for breaking his record 12-48 as the worst coach ever.

Gus actually has a better W-L record (.226) than Jackson (.205).

I still think Gus was a worse coach. Jackson had an 8-8 season; Gus never sniffed 8-8.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I think the writing was on the wall here. The roster talent accumulated over the past two years should have been bearing more fruit IMO. The front office clearly didn't like the utilization of talent - and the grumblings are that Hue and Mayfield didn't like each other. No idea how true that latter bit is and whether it was having any effect of the offense, but it may have factored in here.