Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did We Just Save the Season?

I'm here to eat my crow. Bortles and the team fought hard, despite some awful mistakes and of course Gus Bradley.

Yes, we're still 2-3. But with a weak division anything can happen.

Thanks Jags for not giving up. I'm proud to have my cynicism proven wrong for once!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm here to eat my crow. Bortles and the team fought hard, despite some awful mistakes and of course Gus Bradley.

Thanks Jags for not giving up. I'm proud to have my cynicism proven wrong for once!
Co-signed.... everyone on this board today.

Uhhhhhh.....troll thread?

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

We beat two trash teams. We didn't save anything.

We got lucky because a sucky team chose a bad time to suck more than us. 

This is what should've happened. We beat two garbage [BLEEP] teams. Oakland is the real test.

Now is the time to evaluate the tape, find the things we are bad at, and do more of that.

Didn't save the season because that was an awful performance from top to bottom. Feels nice to win though! Beat the Bears, the refs, and for most of the game, ourselves. Still came out with a win... imagine if our team played a full 4 quarters?
No commercial messages in sigs

Great win today, wish we played the way we did in the 4th quarter the entire time but the future looks bright!

Saved the season I don't know but at least the season keeps having a meaning for us. 

If we lost season would have been over, now as ugly as the win was we are still in the race for our awful division. I'll take that for today, at half of the third quarter the situation was desperate.

Quote:We got lucky because a sucky team chose a bad time to suck more than us. 

This team has NOT "sucked less than a sucky team" for years. Sure this is not what we want as a finished product, but I'll take it. If you win enough these games, eventually other things may start clicking.

It keeps us in it for now.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:We beat two trash teams. We didn't save anything.

Again, I'm not saying we're unstoppable or even consistent now. But in a bad division, every win counts.

We won't know until a couple of weeks from now but this is exactly the type of win that gives a team confidence. 

Quote:I'm here to eat my crow. Bortles and the team fought hard, despite some awful mistakes and of course Gus Bradley.

It only saves the season if they improve and start winning some games.

Make no mistake, the past two weeks the Jaguars have squeaked by another couple of bottom feeders. They won't get to play terrible teams all season. At some point the team is going to have to win against mediocre teams before we start talking about saving the season.

Oakland will serve as the first test of whether the team really is in position to "save the season." or if it was just a meaningless win against another bad team.

We found a way to win. Sloppy game, inexcusable preparation coming off a bye, but we won. Still gotta kick it into gear on offense if we wanna make any noise.

Quote:It only saves the season if they improve and start winning some games.

Make no mistake, the past two weeks the Jaguars have squeaked by another couple of bottom feeders. They won't get to play terrible teams all season. At some point the team is going to have to win against mediocre teams before we start talking about saving the season.

Oakland will serve as the first test of whether the team really is in position to "save the season." or if it was just a meaningless win against another bad team.

We played Green Bay and the Ratbirds fairly well and the argument can be made we should of won. The talent is there. If anything our biggest loss to San Diego shows that the coaching staff isn't consistently preparing this team

There's still a chance now. But at what point does this actually become a good team? 

I don't know about yall but hey.....we're 1 game back from the division lead. Actually like a half game back..

I'm gonna take it

Quote:We played Green Bay and the Ratbirds fairly well and the argument can be made we should of won. The talent is there. If anything our biggest loss to San Diego shows that the coaching staff isn't consistently preparing this team

You're not wrong, but "should have won" another 7 times this season still leaves the Jaguars at six wins.

Like I said, we'll see if this win had meaning or if it was just a coincidental second game in a row against a bad team.

Beat the Raiders next week, no matter the fashion, and I'll start believing the team may have turned something of a corner.