Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Now That We Have the Extra 3rd...

What would you like the team to do with it?

Would you like to see them use it to trade up to draft a QB?

If no QB is appealing to the team or a trade up for a signal caller is not possible, would you want to trade for Bosa, use the 3rd round pick on a veteran QB, or just keep the pick?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 07:23 PM by JagSwag.)

Ideally I’d like Bosa and a QB, but seriously, for the health and longevity of the franchise a QB is what we need whether it be a vet or a rookie. It’s nice to have the 3rd as a bargaining chip whichever way we spend it.

Is Bosa on the block?

Oh.... NICK Bosa. LOL  My bad.

Yeah, I'd have no problem trading up for a QB if they need to move up to get their guy.

I’m assuming Bullseye meant trading up for Nick Bosa? I might have completely missed the point though.

Only trade up for a QB. If there’s no QB they like, stay put and bolster the offense.

Trade Fournette in the offseason for a 3rd too. Grab OLine round 1, TE RD 2 then in round 3 go WR RB and safety.

Yes...I meant trading up to draft Nick Bosa.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-30-2018, 07:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Only trade up for a QB. If there’s no QB they like, stay put and bolster the offense.

Trade Fournette in the offseason for a 3rd too. Grab OLine round 1, TE RD 2 then in round 3 go WR RB and safety.

lol no one is giving up a 3rd for Fournette
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-30-2018, 07:45 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 07:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Only trade up for a QB. If there’s no QB they like, stay put and bolster the offense.

lol no one is giving up a 3rd for Fournette

Exactly. 

Guy spends more time on the sidelines than on the field. He also has a mediocre ypc.

lol we would EASILY get a 3rd for Fournette but the Jags wouldn't be stupid enough to part with him. The same kind of idiots ran Marshawn out of Buffalo and became a force with Seattle.

I'd like them to use it to trade up for a QB, but that depends on who declares. If there are no QB's available that we would target, I would trade down as many times as I could in exchange for 2020 picks, using them to trade up and get a QB in 2020. As far as this coming draft, the priorities I would target are
1. QB
2. NT
3. RG/OT
3. TE
4. DE
6. Swing Tackle
7. another QB for insurance

Lol to the people that said noone would give a 3rd for fournette... we could probably get a 1st tbh...

(10-30-2018, 08:00 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Lol to the people that said noone would give a 3rd for fournette...  we could probably get a 1st tbh...

Based on what?  He hasn't done anything but stay injured.  You guys are eating that one.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

If there's a QB or LT that Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone all love and we can get him by packaging that extra pick, do it. Otherwise, I'd rather we either just use the pick or make it part of a package for a veteran QB.

(10-30-2018, 08:03 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 08:00 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Lol to the people that said noone would give a 3rd for fournette...  we could probably get a 1st tbh...

Based on what?  He hasn't done anything but stay injured.  You guys are eating that one.

You acting like he wasn't a 1,000 yard rusher last year. On his rookie contract, only 23 years old, no off the field issues... you're acting like he's coming off a torn Achilles with no history in the NFL. Get out of here, Amari Drooper went for a 1st, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fournette go for a 1st to a RB needy team looking for a chip...

(10-30-2018, 08:03 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:

If we had taken a third-round pick for Fred Taylor in 1999, we'd have been idiots. You don't trade a guy because he's hurt. If you can improve the team by trading him or there's something going on that makes him not worth the trouble, trade him, but don't offload a guy midseason because he's hurt.

(10-30-2018, 08:07 PM)Inziladun Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 08:03 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Based on what?  He hasn't done anything but stay injured.  You guys are eating that one.

You acting like he wasn't a 1,000 yard rusher last year. On his rookie contract, only 23 years old, no off the field issues... you're acting like he's coming off a torn Achilles with no history in the NFL. Get out of here, Amari Drooper went for a 1st, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fournette go for a 1st to a RB needy team looking for a chip...

His college career was riddled with injuries.  Jerry Jones was the only idiot to give up a first in a trade for a WR, and Dallas doesn't need a RB.  I think any team would be suspicious if Jax is trying to dump him this quickly.  You may be able to dupe some idiot into overpaying, but I don't see it.

I would switch that. There are some great WR coming out and QB and offense line seem a bit low on top end talent based on current projections. So I would actually use the No. 1 for a WR, try to get some offensive linemen and TE in 2nd and 3rd round. I just don't see a QB worth taking unless Finley somehow drops to the 2nd or 3rd, but that probably won't happen.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 08:18 PM by Upper.)

(10-30-2018, 08:07 PM)Inziladun Wrote: You acting like he wasn't a 1,000 yard rusher last year. On his rookie contract, only 23 years old, no off the field issues... you're acting like he's coming off a torn Achilles with no history in the NFL. Get out of here, Amari Drooper went for a 1st, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fournette go for a 1st to a RB needy team looking for a chip...

Barely over 1k yards on 268 rushes is quite poor though...if we got offered a 3rd and a 5th for him it would be an even bigger bailout than we just got for Fowler.

To answer the topic though...we hope that Herbert declares, Haskins and Jones keep improving, and we can position ourself to trade up for one of them. Otherwise, I guess make sure you don't miss out on a TE yet again?

(10-30-2018, 08:15 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 08:07 PM)Inziladun Wrote: You acting like he wasn't a 1,000 yard rusher last year. On his rookie contract, only 23 years old, no off the field issues... you're acting like he's coming off a torn Achilles with no history in the NFL. Get out of here, Amari Drooper went for a 1st, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fournette go for a 1st to a RB needy team looking for a chip...

His college career was riddled with injuries.  Jerry Jones was the only idiot to give up a first in a trade for a WR, and Dallas doesn't need a RB.  I think any team would be suspicious if Jax is trying to dump him this quickly.  You may be able to dupe some idiot into overpaying, but I don't see it.
Todd Gurley goes down with season ending injury last week, Rams undefeated get told that Jags will give Fournette for a 1st rounder. I can see it. It's a moot point because Jags aren't trading Fournette. I just think it's hilarious ya hating on Fournette like hes bad or something just because he pulled his hammy. Kid just needs to stretch more.

(10-30-2018, 08:23 PM)Inziladun Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 08:15 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: His college career was riddled with injuries.  Jerry Jones was the only idiot to give up a first in a trade for a WR, and Dallas doesn't need a RB.  I think any team would be suspicious if Jax is trying to dump him this quickly.  You may be able to dupe some idiot into overpaying, but I don't see it.
Todd Gurley goes down with season ending injury last week, Rams undefeated get told that Jags will give Fournette for a 1st rounder. I can see it. It's a moot point because Jags aren't trading Fournette. I just think it's hilarious ya hating on Fournette like hes bad or something just because he pulled his hammy. Kid just needs to stretch more.

No one said he's bad.  Just not worth a 1st round pick.  Or a second.  Most RBs aren't.