Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Media Outrage over Racist Statements

(11-02-2018, 01:31 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 06:56 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I was trying to relate back to US history though, but you are correct in that slavery is not a problem created by the white man, however, it is definitely one emphasized by him. And to deny that is pointless, especially with this playground argument that "others did it first, so its kind of okay/not our fault". The violation of human rights by Katar and parts of Africa are equally terrible, but i dont understand how this can be fabricated into an excuse, or even more blatantly, "credit", for white people.
Also look at how black people were treated after slavery was abolished. Yes, slavery was done, but to say that their lives equated that of a free (white) man is ridiculous. We could start a whole discussion over the term "freedom". Is freedom not being a slave? Is freedom being able to go to the same places as other ethnicities? Sitting in the same seats?

The statement that "black people owe whites their freedom" is basically like saying the jews owe the Germans, because hey, small groups of them fought the nazis and their regime at the time and lost their lives. Or maybe they owe the russians, who 'saved' them from the nazis by winning the war (only to then be oppressed by Stalin).
I understand that these fights need to be acknowledged, but to derive from that that another ethnicity or minority owes them anything is bull and just shows how high some people are on their white race.

Horowitz is a plain racist that constantly fuels hate against minorities. He calls the BLM movement racist and blames black people on their inability to progress as a culture. To somehow look for truth in the [BLEEP] that is coming out of this biggots mouth is just a big tell on where people stand when it comes to racial inequality.

How was it definitely "emphasized" by white men? Such a loose use of the word should be explained. What does that even mean?

This "playground argument" is your words, not mine. I've never made that argument, and I certainly didn't say it now. I've been very clear what my point was, so I'm not sure why you don't understand it. You, and others, indicated that African slavery is the fault of the white man. I'm saying that Europeans contributed to it, but so too did Arabs and Africans. THEREFORE, the blame you (and others) give has to fall equally in Africans and Arabs. In other words, you can't exclusively blame Europeans when Arabs and Africans have been enslaving Africans for centuries... especially considering that Europeans are the only group not currently doing it today.

I think the premise of BLM isn't racist. I think the BLM movement is racist too, but I'm confident you've already decided I'm racist without even knowing that. This is the problem with the left when it comes to discussing racism. If anyone disagrees with you or your view, they're racist bigot and shouldn't be tolerated. Nothing you provided is proof that he's racist. He's advocating for accountability, and you're implying that black people are incapable of succeeding in today's America... because racism. You're the one with an inferior view on black Americans.

(11-02-2018, 01:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: No I guess not. Racist fits well though. 
Eh yeah that would be a racist view to have. Considering everything black people have and still are going through Vs white people in America.  
Okay but the other side of that is all of the white people advocating , fighting and dying to keep black people as sub human simply due to skin colour. And that's something that still happens every day today. So no , they don't "owe" white people anything.  
It's wild the ridiculous lengths you guys will go to just because someone is on your team politically.  

Horowitz also claimed that those who follow Islam are worse than the Nazis.

That's absurd. That isn't racist. Everything you disagree with must be racist.

Where do white people fight and die to keep black people oppressed? 

Can you source that Horowitz quote because I haven't seen that.

Everything I diagree with isn't racist. That particular line of thinking is.

https://dailycollegian.com/2010/02/contr...-students/   

It's in here, he calls Palestinian elected officials Nazis too. It's a common theme for him.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-31-2018, 10:57 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Jagwired - 11-01-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: Media Outrage over Racist Statements - by JackCity - 11-02-2018, 03:18 PM