Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daylight Saving Time

Hi, Jaguars fans!    Smile  Don't forget to set all your digital clocks back one hour for Daylight Saving Time.  This DST period lasts in the next four months through the rest of fall and winter, and begins at 2:00 AM Sunday Morning, November 4, through 2:00 AM on March 3, 2019.  All of us will gain an extra hour (of sleep), but at the same time, we will lose an hour less of daylight.

DST though is still not observed in Arizona (except the Navajo Nation),  Hawaii, Guam, the Mariana Islands, and the Virgin Islands.  Enjoy!   Wink Cool

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/usa

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: daylight1.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I hate DST! It makes no sense.

Gets dark earlier.. Love it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-03-2018, 09:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gets dark earlier.. Love it..

Who wants it to be dark at 5:00 p.m.? That's depressing.

(11-03-2018, 11:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Well maybe it gives us ugly people a chance to fit in..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Those of us who frequently battle insomnia appreciate nature giving us a head start.

Vampires.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-03-2018, 09:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I hate DST! It makes no sense.

Sounds like what you hate is the return to standard time. I agree. 

Florida was considering going to 100% DST, but didn't pass it this year.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-05-2018, 02:26 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 09:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I hate DST! It makes no sense.

(11-03-2018, 11:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who wants it to be dark at 5:00 p.m.? That's depressing.

Sounds like what you hate is the return to standard time. I agree. 

Florida did pass it.  It has to go through congress.  Seems odd that it has to go through congress when it only involves Florida.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-05-2018, 03:01 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 02:26 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Sounds like what you hate is the return to standard time. I agree. 

Florida did pass it.  It has to go through congress.  Seems odd that it has to go through congress when it only involves Florida.

Yeah... of course congress has been awfully busy.
I was actually hoping this would happen though.

I like the "fall back" and then never "spring forward" idea personally.
I hope it gets passed through before the change again lol (not even sure if that's how it works, but that's how I'd like it.)

Didn't Bush (and congress) also change when DST occured? Like pushed it up or back a week? 
Funny thing, "time". So easily manipulated by humans.

(11-05-2018, 03:01 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 02:26 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Sounds like what you hate is the return to standard time. I agree. 

Changing the time here screws with other states, so it goes through Congress. Personally, I think the idea of permanent DST is ridiculous, but I can see why the theme parks would want it.

Imagine 100% DST here in Florida.

Monday Night Football would start at 9:15 pm even if the Jags are playing at home since the NFL is committed to an 8:15pm start time for the east coast.

The workday would be quite tricky in setting up meetings with out-of-state entities .... always having to remember NY is 1 hour behind for 6 months and California is 4 hours behind

Kids at the morning bus stop would be hanging out in the dark for most of Nov-Dec-Jan

I used to hate turning the clock back when I was young and active --- now i'm just old and want to get home and watch netflix or something so I'm ok with the current method of setting the clock back.

We need about 4 time zones in the lower 48 ... Pick them, and stay with them.

(11-07-2018, 12:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Imagine 100% DST here in Florida.  

Monday Night Football would start at 9:15 pm even if the Jags are playing at home since the NFL is committed to an 8:15pm start time for the east coast.

The workday would be quite tricky in setting up meetings with out-of-state entities  .... always having to remember NY is 1 hour behind for 6 months and California is 4 hours behind

Kids at the morning bus stop would be hanging out in the dark for most of Nov-Dec-Jan

I used to hate turning the clock back when I was young and active --- now i'm just old and want to get home and watch netflix or something so I'm ok with the current method of setting the clock back.

But Arizona and Hawaii don't change times, they make it work.

(11-07-2018, 04:31 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 12:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Imagine 100% DST here in Florida.  

The workday would be quite tricky in setting up meetings with out-of-state entities  .... always having to remember NY is 1 hour behind for 6 months and California is 4 hours behind

But Arizona and Hawaii don't change times, they make it work.

what is this? Two sane states who don't arbitrarily take time away for no reason. The spring forward week is always a problem for people. More Heart attacks, car wrecks, no one likes loosing an hour of sleep.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-23-2018, 12:06 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 04:31 PM)Kane Wrote: But Arizona and Hawaii don't change times, they make it work.

what is this? Two sane states who don't arbitrarily take time away for no reason. The spring forward week is always a problem for people. More Heart attacks, car wrecks, no one likes loosing an hour of sleep.

In Hawaii's case, it's because they're so far behind the rest of us anyway that there's no point. In Arizona's, it's because no one there wants an extra hour of daylight in the summer, and can you blame them?

Why is this in political? Has it always been here?

(11-24-2018, 09:19 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 12:06 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: what is this? Two sane states who don't arbitrarily take time away for no reason. The spring forward week is always a problem for people. More Heart attacks, car wrecks, no one likes loosing an hour of sleep.

In Hawaii's case, it's because they're so far behind the rest of us anyway that there's no point. In Arizona's, it's because no one there wants an extra hour of daylight in the summer, and can you blame them?

No it hasn't and this isn't political at all. SomeMod is way oversensitive.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-23-2018, 12:06 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 04:31 PM)Kane Wrote: But Arizona and Hawaii don't change times, they make it work.

Agreed. Here in Ohio, when we fell back, it starts getting dark at 5:30 p.m.! I feel like I'm living in Alaska! It makes driving way more dangerous for people getting off of work and I for one, am tired all the time. It wasn't like that before the time change. This sucks!

(11-24-2018, 09:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 09:19 AM)TJBender Wrote: In Hawaii's case, it's because they're so far behind the rest of us anyway that there's no point. In Arizona's, it's because no one there wants an extra hour of daylight in the summer, and can you blame them?

No it hasn't and this isn't political at all. SomeMod is way oversensitive.

How is this even close to political, though? Is someone worried about offending vampires?