Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Grier

Great game, just got the 2 point conversion to take the lead 42-41. My top guy that I want in the draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Future Jag

That TD pass at the end was an absolute dime. Grier would be my choice after Herbert.

Grier rocks. It was time to start his own thread here, since he is likely to be a future Jag. Unless we go with DE with our first pick again.

I still think he probably winds up in the QB5-6 range. Pretty big group with room to shuffle though, after Herbert.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 07:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-03-2018, 07:46 PM)Upper Wrote: I still think he probably winds up in the QB5-6 range. Pretty big group with room to shuffle though, after Herbert.

Is that your ranking or Twitters?

Herbert is everyone's top guy but I think he is a bit overrated. Grier is my top guy

(11-03-2018, 07:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 07:46 PM)Upper Wrote: I still think he probably winds up in the QB5-6 range. Pretty big group with room to shuffle though, after Herbert.

Is that your ranking or Twitters?

Herbert is everyone's top guy but I think he is a bit overrated. Grier is my top guy

A mix of what I've watched plus opinions of people I have trusted for a while on twitter yeah. Haskins will be right there in that next tier mix, Jones is getting lots of helium right now...I think they wind up 2-3, but we'll see. Then there's Grier, Lock, Lindley, and I've seen some people who really love Tyree Jackson but I haven't watched him.

(11-03-2018, 07:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: That TD pass at the end was an absolute dime. Grier would be my choice after Herbert.

Yes it was

I'm not sure how good Grier will be in the pros, his range of outcome is hard to judge, but I'd be confident he's better than Blake and also would be a ton of fun to watch.

Hope the jags give him a look

Sign me up. That last touchdown pass was something Bortles couldn’t even do in his dreams.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 08:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-03-2018, 08:26 PM)BigJohn98 Wrote: Sign me up. That last touchdown pass was something Bortles couldn’t even do in his dreams.

Yeah, not many can make that throw

If he was 6'6" like Herbert he would be a lock to go number1

If he was 6'6" like Herbert he would be a lock to go number1

I'm okay with it if he's there in the 3rd. He plays in the Big 12 where defense is non-existent. Texas' pass defense is somewhere in the 80-90 range. Best pass defense he probably played against was Iowa State and he looked like crap. Without even looking, I can almost guarantee he's not in the top-3 in passing statistics in the Big 12. He's a product of a system, fueled by playing in a conference that lacks even decent defenses.

Will Grier is the best QB in my opinion... the only 3 I like are Grier, Herbert and Finley... in that order... most people have herbert as the best which doesnt bother me, more of a chance we get Grier... Grier has a bigger arm and plays more consistent, his comp percentage is also much better than Herbert's... Herbert also disappears in games

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 02:42 PM by Kane.)

Last year my top dude was Baker. Even though everyone fawned over some kid named Darnold who seemingly likes to throw INTs more than Bortles.
This year I've been high on Grier, a lot of people haven't been so high on him. Nice to see he is winning some folks over. He had a bad game earlier this year but he played his tail off against Texas and the refs lol

I always thought Herbert would remain atop everyone's (the draftniks and the arm chair GMs) but man I think Grier has everything you need a QB. Accurate, smart, good enough arm strength, toughness, and a lil swagger (not Manziel but I personally loved the horns down stuff, thats good college rivalry stuff, imo)

I wouldn't mind J-Ville trading up to get Grier.
Tampa could/should/will be in the QB market.
NYG obviously (it is obvious at this point, right?)
Regardless, the thought of maybe a bad game or two would make him slide into the 2nd is gone out of my mind. QB 5 or 6? On what planet...
or I guess... I hope so, easy pickins for us at that point.

(11-03-2018, 11:03 PM)hostiletakeover Wrote: I'm okay with it if he's there in the 3rd. He plays in the Big 12 where defense is non-existent. Texas' pass defense is somewhere in the 80-90 range. Best pass defense he probably played against was Iowa State and he looked like crap. Without even looking, I can almost guarantee he's not in the top-3 in passing statistics in the Big 12. He's a product of a system, fueled by playing in a conference that lacks even decent defenses.

Patrick Mahomes and Baker played in the Big 12.
Goff in the Pac12
and Wentz was whatever division North Dakota State.

Ain't trying to hear that.
You draft the kid with the tools and you hire a coach that can build around him.

Plenty of SEC QBs play against tough defenses and aren't a whole lot of successful ones from there.
Conference means diddly.

(11-05-2018, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Last year my top dude was Baker. Even though everyone fawned over some kid named Darnold who seemingly likes to throw INTs more than Bortles.
This year I've been high on Grier, a lot of people haven't been so high on him. Nice to see he is winning some folks over. He had a bad game earlier this year but he played his tail off against Texas and the refs lol

I always thought Herbert would remain atop everyone's (the draftniks and the arm chair GMs) but man I think Grier has everything you need a QB. Accurate, smart, good enough arm strength, toughness, and a lil swagger (not Manziel but I personally loved the horns down stuff, thats good college rivalry stuff, imo)

I wouldn't mind J-Ville trading up to get Grier.
Tampa could/should/will be in the QB market.
NYG obviously (it is obvious at this point, right?)
Regardless, the thought of maybe a bad game or two would make him slide into the 2nd is gone out of my mind. QB 5 or 6? On what planet...
or I guess... I hope so, easy pickins for us at that point.

(11-03-2018, 11:03 PM)hostiletakeover Wrote: I'm okay with it if he's there in the 3rd. He plays in the Big 12 where defense is non-existent. Texas' pass defense is somewhere in the 80-90 range. Best pass defense he probably played against was Iowa State and he looked like crap. Without even looking, I can almost guarantee he's not in the top-3 in passing statistics in the Big 12. He's a product of a system, fueled by playing in a conference that lacks even decent defenses.

Patrick Mahomes and Baker played in the Big 12.
Goff in the Pac12
and Wentz was whatever division North Dakota State.

Ain't trying to hear that.
You draft the kid with the tools and you hire a coach that can build around him.

Plenty of SEC QBs play against tough defenses and aren't a whole lot of successful ones from there.
Conference means diddly.

I liked Grier at Floida and still think we had a chance at a National championship if he didnt fail his drug test.  So yeah

Will Grier in the 4th quarter throughout his career:

19 games
14 TDs
3 picks
60%
88/146 for 1,127
7.7 YPA
Passer rating of 159

A couple things i like about Grier that goes unnoticed is 1, he is a coaches son, and 2 he as a family/wife and kid. He wont be out partying like Bortles. Here is a good segment of ESPN Gollege Game Day on Grier

https://youtu.be/yDmSjUnJrvw

Are people still hung up on rumors about Bortles' drinking??

LOL

Can we just be mad about the stuff we actually know to be real? Like, his inability to throw the football accurately?

(11-05-2018, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Are people still hung up on rumors about Bortles' drinking??

LOL

Can we just be mad about the stuff we actually know to be real? Like, his inability to throw the football accurately?

I'm sure when he wasn't on the field he was at home spending time with his wife and kid

(11-05-2018, 08:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Are people still hung up on rumors about Bortles' drinking??

LOL

I'm sure when he wasn't on the field he was at home spending time with his wife and kid

And that would have made him a better quarterback?