Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 9 games

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 02:18 PM by JagFan81.)

So with us on the bye, a chance to see what the rest of the league looks like. Some good games Today, Rams@Saints in the afternoon and Brady vs Rodgers or Packers@Pats on SNF.

Just watching Pittsburgh Baltimore at the moment, the Steelers have lucked out with how well Connor is playing.

Well I haven't seen that before. Steelers line up to go for it on 4th and 6 and Roethlisberger punted it!!

Hmmmm.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching falcons/skins on the tv and vikes/lions on the tablet right now.

(11-04-2018, 02:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Watching falcons/skins on the tv and vikes/lions on the tablet right now.

How do the Vikings look? Thought they'd have a real go this year but started shaky but seem to be steadying the ship.

(11-04-2018, 02:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 02:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Watching falcons/skins on the tv and vikes/lions on the tablet right now.

How do the Vikings look? Thought they'd have a real go this year but started shaky but seem to be steadying the ship.

So far - their D looks stout vs the run, shaky vs the pass. Lions running empty sets or 4 wide and hurting them with short stuff and soft spots in zone.  

Offense looks strong.

(11-04-2018, 02:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 02:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: How do the Vikings look? Thought they'd have a real go this year but started shaky but seem to be steadying the ship.

So far - their D looks stout vs the run, shaky vs the pass. Lions running empty sets or 4 wide and hurting them with short stuff and soft spots in zone.  

Offense looks strong.

Thanks. That's one of the things I can't work out with them. They have Harrison Smith, one of the best safeties in football and Rhodes who is s top level DB. Barr is a good LB. I know they were missing Griffin up front for a few weeks. Plus they have Zimmer who for me is the best D coach in the league. 

Steelers just scored with Connor. I don't know about this Ravens team, they are so close to being really good they just give up plays here and there which kill them.

That anticipation throw Ryan threw to Julio was insane. To even have the balls to throw that pass when Julio was a good step behind Norman when he released the ball...

McCaffrey running riot.
Cook running riot.
Kamara been sensational.
Fournette <50 yards this season.

(11-04-2018, 03:07 PM)Upper Wrote:

That anticipation throw Ryan threw to Julio was insane. To even have the balls to throw that pass when Julio was a good step behind Norman when he released the ball...

Indeed. Looked like Norman was focused on #11 and didn't see ball come out, which helps, but yeah. Ballsy throw any way you slice it.

Is Mahomes a one off freak? Just insane what he's doing and keeps defying the 'process' young QB's have to go through. It helps playing in such a creative O that gives him so many choices when throwing plus he's surrounded by talent.

Already thrown for 200 yards and now has 28 TD's for the season. In 10 games!

OJ Howard TD #2 today...sigh.

(11-04-2018, 03:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Is Mahomes a one off freak? Just insane what he's doing and keeps defying the 'process' young QB's have to go through. It helps playing in such a creative O that gives him so many choices when throwing plus he's surrounded by talent.

He sat behind Smith for a year and plays for a guy that has a ridiculous record of getting production from his QBs. 
Reid has been to the playoffs with teams led by McNabb and Vick, but also Kolb and Garcia. 
I'd say they did everything right with the "process" and he's just better than a lot of people thought. 
I drafted him early in my fantasy league 
Big Grin

(11-04-2018, 03:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 03:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Is Mahomes a one off freak? Just insane what he's doing and keeps defying the 'process' young QB's have to go through. It helps playing in such a creative O that gives him so many choices when throwing plus he's surrounded by talent.

He sat behind Smith for a year and plays for a guy that has a ridiculous record of getting production from his QBs. 
Reid has been to the playoffs with teams led by McNabb and Vick, but also Kolb and Garcia. 
I'd say they did everything right with the "process" and he's just better than a lot of people thought. 
I drafted him early in my fantasy league 
Big Grin

Erm, I have to admit I bought the 'he's just a big arm' will struggle with the short and mid range throws. Couldn't have been more wrong. Hill, Kelse and Hunt sure help and your absolutely right about the Reid factor, really underrated coach. You just have to look at the success his coaches have had elsewhere and it's better than anyone under Belichick.

I imagine he's going to go a bit higher next season!

Looks like the AFC North is going to be Pittsburgh again. They just fund ways to make plays and keep the chains moving. They just seem to have some mental hold over the rest. Pittsburgh been very average but Baltimore just keep giving up 3rd downs and leaving Connor open again and again.

Jason Myers being Jason Myers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I found a QB that is more of a train wreck than our guy. Bill's peterman is atrocious.

And ouch on big ben's shoulder.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 04:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Thielen with another TD today, unreal. Best WR in the league

(11-04-2018, 04:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Jason Myers being Jason Myers.

he just hit the 56 yarder, typical Myers

(11-04-2018, 04:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thielen with another TD today, unreal.  Best WR in the league

(11-04-2018, 04:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Jason Myers being Jason Myers.

Thielen is just a great story. Been so good the last two seasons. You just wonder how many other undrafted, small school WR's have been overlooked.

I've never known a kicker be so good past 50yds and so hopeless under it.

And I don't know how Peterman still gets snaps. 5 INT's in his first game, thrown multiple every game yet still plays. He must be amazing in practice.

(11-04-2018, 04:52 PM)31stJagFan81 Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 04:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thielen with another TD today, unreal.  Best WR in the league

Thielen is just a great story. Been so good the last two seasons. You just wonder how many other undrafted, small school WR's have been overlooked.

And I don't know how Peterman still gets snaps. 5 INT's in his first game, thrown multiple every game yet still plays. He must be amazing in practice.

Myers hit 48 and 56 sandwiched around a 50 that he skulled almost to the right pylon. Crazy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-04-2018, 04:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Was thinking Cole might be the next one

Darnold with 4 picks.....poor Jets fans...