Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michigan

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 08:56 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Looking good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 09:17 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Thread of the year. So much insight and in depth analysis.  Rolleyes

(11-05-2018, 09:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Thread of the year. So much insight and in depth analysis.  Rolleyes

The post speaks for itself. What more needed to be added IYO?

(11-05-2018, 08:56 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Looking good.

Considering how the team started off the season, I've been impressed with the improvement.  I'm holding out until we see whether Jim can beat OSU, though. Until he does, it will be an albatross around his neck.

This season appears to be his best shot at it, so as Vic often says, the [bologna] stops here.

(11-05-2018, 08:56 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Looking good.

Very

Shea Patterson has announced he is coming back for his senior year. That's not a good thing.

(12-29-2018, 06:12 PM)newporttom Wrote: Shea Patterson has announced he is coming back for his senior year.   That's not a good thing.

Why? He needs to. He was like the #1 QB recruit out of HS, but hasn’t lived anywhere near his potential. He needs another year for sure.

Harbaugh needs to ditch the Bo Schembechler offense.

"No - body"

LOL

Harbaugh is about to have another quick exit on not so nice terms.

Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

I did.

There's no more overrated coach than Harbaugh.

John got the better coaching genes, and there's no arguing that any longer. His brother is all promise and zero delivery.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Will Harbaugh's buyout prevent Michigan from firing him?
https://fansided.com/2019/09/21/michigan...t-details/

As expected, the clock is already ticking in Ann Arbor.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Michigan is overrated...

If I had to compare them to an NFL team I would say they are like the Dallas Cowboys, in terms of expectations vs reality.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 10:35 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

(10-04-2019, 04:37 PM)pirkster Wrote: Will Harbaugh's buyout prevent Michigan from firing him?
https://fansided.com/2019/09/21/michigan...t-details/

As expected, the clock is already ticking in Ann Arbor.

Back to the NFL in 4 years just like you predicted.

(10-07-2019, 10:28 PM)enigma Wrote: Michigan is overrated...

If I had to compare them to an NFL team I would say they are like the Dallas Cowboys, in terms of expectations vs reality.

Michigan is what it is. A top 10-15 program. The Michigan fans that are disappointed are the ones who have expectations of being a top 5 program and that just isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

(10-07-2019, 10:33 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 10:28 PM)enigma Wrote: Michigan is overrated...

Michigan is what it is. A top 10-15 program. The Michigan fans that are disappointed are the ones who have expectations of being a top 5 program and that just isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

Yeah, it's a catch-22, because they do manage to amass wins each year, but they can't get over that hump and compete in the rivalry game. 9-10 wins a year is hard to pass up, especially considering some of the bad coaches and seasons we had prior to him being there.

I just get the feeling that they are stuck in a rut. That's more a symptom of CFB, though - you have the top 3 or 4 programs simply replacing talent with equal or better talent, and they stay at the top of the heap, and everyone else seems to gravitate to that second tier.

My biggest fear is that they grow impatient, run him out of town, and we hire another mismatch coach like Rich Rod. Lordy that stunk so bad.

(10-07-2019, 10:33 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Michigan is what it is. A top 10-15 program. The Michigan fans that are disappointed are the ones who have expectations of being a top 5 program and that just isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

It was the University (President & AD) who created those expectations that Michigan would be a top 5 program when they made Harbaugh the top paid college coach ($7.5M/year) back in 2016.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/big-te...d-database

"Michigan's Jim Harbaugh is college football's highest-paid coach, per USA Today's updated database"

By Vinnie Duber [/url][url=https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/big-ten/michigans-jim-harbaugh-college-footballs-highest-paid-coach-usa-todays-updated-database]October 26, 2016 11:05 AM

I think Harbaugh has a serious blind spot for Patterson, because with how often he turns the ball over and makes dumb decisions to kill drives there's no way he's the best option for the team.

Harbaugh is and always has been all flash zero substance.

(10-08-2019, 02:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 10:33 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Michigan is what it is. A top 10-15 program. The Michigan fans that are disappointed are the ones who have expectations of being a top 5 program and that just isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

It was the University (President & AD) who created those expectations that Michigan would be a top 5 program when they made Harbaugh the top paid college coach ($7.5M/year) back in 2016.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/big-te...d-database

"Michigan's Jim Harbaugh is college football's highest-paid coach, per USA Today's updated database"

By Vinnie Duber [/url][url=https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/big-ten/michigans-jim-harbaugh-college-footballs-highest-paid-coach-usa-todays-updated-database]October 26, 2016 11:05 AM

Cool