Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - What we learned from Titans' win over Cowboys

What we learned from Titans' win over Cowboys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...er-cowboys

Marcus Mariota's steadiest game in five weeks paced the Tennessee Titans (4-4) to a 28-14 victory over the Dallas Cowboys (3-5) on Monday night to conclude Week 9.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018, 01:45 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(11-06-2018, 01:10 AM)Tack Wrote: What we learned from Titans' win over Cowboys

Marcus Mariota's steadiest game in five weeks paced the Tennessee Titans (4-4) to a 28-14 victory over the Dallas Cowboys (3-5) on Monday night to conclude Week 9.

What I learned was that the Cowboys suck. (Oline especially and QB)

Looking forward to Monday night in a couple of weeks.

That's when the Texans will really take control of the division.

Mariota is horrible BTW

(11-06-2018, 01:40 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 01:10 AM)Tack Wrote: What we learned from Titans' win over Cowboys

What I learned was that the Cowboys suck. (Oline especially and QB)

Looking forward to Monday night in a couple of weeks.

That's when the Texans will really take control of the division.

you mean like when you lost to blaine gabbert? LMAO

Texans suck
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(11-06-2018, 01:16 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Texans suck

Big Grin

Hate the Titans with a passion, but they looked good last night--other than Mariota's fumbles.

I learned that the Jags got blown out by a team that could be the worst team in football... which I guess ... that would make the Jags... Sad

(11-06-2018, 02:04 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Hate the Titans with a passion, but they looked good last night--other than Mariota's fumbles.

Good to see em respond. Game could have gotten ugly fast. Hope they dont start that way against the pats

(11-06-2018, 02:19 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I learned that the Jags got blown out by a team that could be the worst team in football... which I guess ... that would make the Jags... Sad

Have you seen the Raiders?

I'm not exactly sure how to word this...  The Titans (in my opinion) are not a good football team, yet they seem to find ways to win games that they "shouldn't".  Either way you have to give credit where credit is due.  The AFC South is going to come down to divisional games in the second half of this season.  Right now the Titans are in the driver's seat with divisional wins against the Texans and the Jaguars.  The division can almost be decided in this 3rd quarter of the season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It's frustrating with the Jags. Injuries are a part of it, but so is Bortles. He has to step up, and he hasn't. If this team had someone like Drew Brees--omg.

(11-06-2018, 05:18 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It's frustrating with the Jags. Injuries are a part of it, but so is Bortles. He has to step up, and he hasn't. If this team had someone like Drew Brees--omg.

So many people place the blame on Bortles (people always want to place blame on one player).  The fact of the matter is the team has not played well in many phases.  Bortles actually hasn't really played bad as much as his supporting cast has let the team down.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-06-2018, 04:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm not exactly sure how to word this...  The Titans (in my opinion) are not a good football team, yet they seem to find ways to win games that they "shouldn't".  Either way you have to give credit where credit is due.  The AFC South is going to come down to divisional games in the second half of this season.  Right now the Titans are in the driver's seat with divisional wins against the Texans and the Jaguars.  The division can almost be decided in this 3rd quarter of the season.

And lose games they should win (da bills)

Accuttly the texans are in the drivers seat right now at 6-3 they have a better overall record then everyone in afc south. its the jags that suck at this time,jsut tellign the truth.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-06-2018, 05:48 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 05:18 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It's frustrating with the Jags. Injuries are a part of it, but so is Bortles. He has to step up, and he hasn't. If this team had someone like Drew Brees--omg.

So many people place the blame on Bortles (people always want to place blame on one player).  The fact of the matter is the team has not played well in many phases.  Bortles actually hasn't really played bad as much as his supporting cast has let the team down.

It depends on your definition of bad. Does he make as many mistakes as last year? No. But it's about making plays--finding a way to make plays.  It's about missing wide open guys (Dede Westbrook, Eagles.  It's about getting two damn yards to get a first down and continue what should be a game winning drive.  Brees or Brady would find a way to get it done...WITH the players on the field that we have now.

(11-06-2018, 04:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm not exactly sure how to word this...  The Titans (in my opinion) are not a good football team, yet they seem to find ways to win games that they "shouldn't".  Either way you have to give credit where credit is due.  The AFC South is going to come down to divisional games in the second half of this season.  Right now the Titans are in the driver's seat with divisional wins against the Texans and the Jaguars.  The division can almost be decided in this 3rd quarter of the season.

Here in Nashville, the Titans are definitely perplexing.  Had we taken care of business with Buffalo and/or not squandered the opportunity to win the game in London vs. the Chargers, we'd be sitting pretty right now.  As it turns out, we're sitting at 4-4 with the Patriots coming to town coming off of a marquee win against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.  Now the Packers are a pretty mediocre team too led by a hall of fame QB.  But they did make a game of it for awhile.  The Titans have a pretty good defense (#1 on points allowed, best against red zone efficiency) which has kept us in most games this season.  The defense's biggest problems are not getting to the QB enough (although it got better in the second half of the Dallas game) and Malcolm Butler who manages to get torched for TDs every single game (and two in the last game).  Of the 11 TDs wide receivers have given up this year, Butler is responsible for 7 of them.

The big problem is the offense.  With the exception of the Dallas and Eagles games, they have struggled to generate points (#30 in the league) and Mariota has been struggling with it.  There is a lot of talk in the Nashville sports media ranks about whether or not Marcus will be the franchise guy (though no one is saying he should be benched).  The Dallas game was a big step forward but he needs a lot more of those to ride out the second half of the season.  The Pats are beatable but you need at least 28 points too have any hope of defeating those guys.

We lost to both of these teams! So I learned we aren't very good!

Titans can get the Pat's if they make the Pats play down. Darn tacks have a way of junking around.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-07-2018, 04:02 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Titans can get the Pat's if they make the Pats play down. Darn tacks have a way of junking around.

Love my Titans, but short of a miracle, I don't see any way we beat the Patriots.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.