Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeff Sessions forced to resign

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 04:04 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Jeff Sessions has finally resigned as AG.

I imagine it went like this:

POTUS: Hey Jeff, You are f...
Jeff: I QUIT!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 04:08 PM by The Drifter.)

He may have been a good Senator but as AG, seems like he left his balls ini his wifes purse

“At your request, I am submitting my resignation,” Sessions wrote in the Wednesday letter to Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-se...ey-general
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(11-07-2018, 04:06 PM)The Drifter Wrote: He may have been a good Senator but as AG, seems like he left his balls ini his wifes purse

He was terrible. Who is your pick?

Lindsey Graham?

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 04:10 PM by The Drifter.)

(11-07-2018, 04:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 04:06 PM)The Drifter Wrote: He may have been a good Senator but as AG, seems like he left his balls ini his wifes purse

He was terrible. Who is your pick?

Lindsey Graham?

I have no pick at this point in time, I hope it's someone from outside Washington that has the testicular fortitude to do the job
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(11-07-2018, 04:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 04:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He was terrible. Who is your pick?

Lindsey Graham?

I have no pick at this point in time, I hope it's someone from outside Washington that has the testicular fortitude to do the job

I am a fan of Jim Jordan but he just put his hat in the ring for house minority leader.

I don't give a fig for Jeff Sessions and never did.
I hope the new guy is someone better.
But if Trump fires Mueller before Mueller issues his report, I have to seriously consider whether I want to show up at work the next morning or try to join the nearest protest. No one should ever be above the law and none of us should take such lawlessness lying down
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-07-2018, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't give a fig for Jeff Sessions and never did.
But if Trump fires Mueller before Mueller issues his report, I have to seriously consider whether I want to show up at work the next morning or try to join the nearest protest. No one should ever be above the  law and none of us should take such lawlessness lying down

Agreed.

Also, no one should be subjected to endless government investigations into baseless claims.

(11-07-2018, 05:32 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't give a fig for Jeff Sessions and never did.
But if Trump fires Mueller before Mueller issues his report, I have to seriously consider whether I want to show up at work the next morning or try to join the nearest protest. No one should ever be above the  law and none of us should take such lawlessness lying down

Agreed.

Also, no one should be subjected to endless government investigations into baseless claims.

Baseless? 
How many indictments and guilty pleas did Mueller score again?
We have no reason to mistrust him.  If he says there is more to investigate, then there's more.

(11-07-2018, 05:32 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Agreed.

Hear hear!
2+ years.... what's really taking so long and how much is it costing to keep it going? Where's the beef?

Also... where's the tapes?
Aren't there tapes from Manafort and Omarosa... and whoever else?

Shouldn't these things be easy to get a hold of for a government investigation?

Wrap it up.... and I think this standing AG intends to get that ball rollin.

(11-07-2018, 05:44 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 05:32 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Agreed.

Hear hear!
2+ years.... what's really taking so long and how much is it costing to keep it going? Where's the beef?

Also... where's the tapes?
Aren't there tapes from Manafort and Omarosa... and whoever else?

Shouldn't these things be easy to get a hold of for a government investigation?

Wrap it up.... and I think this standing AG intends to get that ball rollin.

How long did it take to get to the bottom of Benghazi again?
Two years ain't nothin.

(11-07-2018, 05:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Baseless? 
We have no reason to mistrust him.  If he says there is more to investigate, then there's more.

Absolutely! After all, "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime", right Komrade?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2018, 04:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jeff Sessions has finally resigned as AG.

Nah, he was told to resign. Personally, I'd have said no and made Trump fire me, but Sessions knows how that would have looked.

Trump has made it clear for nearly a year that he does not intend to fire Mueller. He should can Rosenstein though. That guy is a little dweeb.

(11-07-2018, 05:53 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 04:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jeff Sessions has finally resigned as AG.

Nah, he was told to resign. Personally, I'd have said no and made Trump fire me, but Sessions knows how that would have looked.

It's true.

This has been in the works for awhile though. We've heard the rumblins and rumors and it was timed in such a way as to not affect mid terms I'm guessing.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 06:22 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(11-07-2018, 05:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Baseless? 

Every single one of his American indictments had nothing to do with the Russia collusion. Mueller's purpose was to investigate Russian collusion with the Trump campaign. He hasn't found that. He tried (and failed) flip people to use against Trump by charging them with lying or obstructing.

If what Papadopoulos is saying is true, the FBI planted Mifsud in the Trump campaign and used him (coupled with British and Australian diplomats) to create their own Russian collusion case. Mifsud's own attorney said he was working with the FBI. We have more evidence that the DNC and Clinton were interfering in our election than Russians. Why would Australia and Britain ask that we not disclose FISA warrant details if they weren't involved? And if they were involved, why then is it only important to investigate Russia's involvement?

So, yes, it is baseless when the thing you say you're investigating turns up with nothing to support it.

(11-07-2018, 06:20 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 05:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Baseless? 

Every single one of his American indictments had nothing to do with the Russia collusion. Mueller's purpose was to investigate Russian collusion with the Trump campaign. He hasn't found that. He tried (and failed) flip people to use against Trump by charging them with lying or obstructing.

If what Papadopoulos is saying is true, the FBI planted Mifsud in the Trump campaign and used him (coupled with British and Australian diplomats) to create their own Russian collusion case. Mifsud's own attorney said he was working with the FBI. We have more evidence that the DNC and Clinton were interfering in our election than Russians. Why would Australia and Britain ask that we not disclose FISA warrant details if they weren't involved? And if they were involved, why then is it only important to investigate Russia's involvement?

So, yes, it is baseless when the thing you say you're investigating turns up with nothing to support it.

And all of that might be Mueller's conclusion. let the man finish his report!

(11-07-2018, 06:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 06:20 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Every single one of his American indictments had nothing to do with the Russia collusion. Mueller's purpose was to investigate Russian collusion with the Trump campaign. He hasn't found that. He tried (and failed) flip people to use against Trump by charging them with lying or obstructing.

And all of that might be Mueller's conclusion. let the man finish his report!

I didn't say anything to the contrary, but there certainly has to be a limit to how long it can go on for absent credible and damning information.

(11-07-2018, 06:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 06:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: And all of that might be Mueller's conclusion. let the man finish his report!

I didn't say anything to the contrary, but there certainly has to be a limit to how long it can go on for absent credible and damning information.

How do you know there isn't? Are the details of your investigations revealed prior to indictment? How do you know Mueller hasn't been updating Rosenstein with enough to get the go-ahead to continue. Short answer, you don't.

It took Kenneth Starr 4 years to deliver his report. Were you this impatient to get the investigation of Clinton wrapped up?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-07-2018, 05:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Trump has made it clear for nearly a year that he does not intend to fire Mueller. He should can Rosenstein though. That guy is a little dweeb.

Nixon had no intention of firing Archibald Cox.

He just started firing officials until he found one that would fire Cox for him.

(11-07-2018, 06:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 06:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: And all of that might be Mueller's conclusion. let the man finish his report!

If a good investigator has credible, damning information about the target of an investigation, the last thing they're going to do is tip their hand, let alone come out publicly and say, "Hey, look what we've got!" long before they're ready to. It's telling the person being investigated exactly what evidence they need to make disappear. In Trump's case, it would lead to a ridiculous Democrat poop-show that undermines the whole investigation.

I want to know what the truth is. I'm assuming you do, as well. And if Trump really has nothing to hide and has committed no crimes worthy of appearing in a report about a special probe into Russian interference with the 2016 election and any other crimes discovered during the course of that investigation, then he'd be doing himself a favor by not doing things that make it look like he has something to hide. Remember Clinton's impeachment? Ken Starr was hired to investigate Whitewater. Clinton's affairs came to the surface later on, after Starr picked up a lead that took him in that direction because he thought a crime had been discovered during the course of the investigation.

Jeff Sessions' performance, if I were on the Trump side of things, would have to be rated as very good in terms of pushing Trump's agenda. The only thing Sessions really failed miserably at was putting a stop to Robert Mueller's investigation. From the outside looking in, it sure seems like Trump is coming up on his Archibald Cox moment, and he's trying to get there before he finds his unlikely Harold Baker.

Only Donald Trump could elicit pity for Jeff Sessions.

I'm sure he'll find some new candidate for his swamp.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.