Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
N'Keal Harry

As much of a chance i've been willing to give Blake Bortles, I'm with everyone else now and understand we need to move on. But let's say we move on with a vet QB or a later round prospect and we went a different option in the draft WR would be a glaring need for us.

N'Keal Harry to me is one of the best receivers I've seen in college and I believe severely underrated. I've been high on him since High School so im completely Bias, but he's a big body receiver which we don't really have right now and is capable of all the catches around as seen by his one handed grab the other week.

I know the knock on him is his speed but if he can run a sub 4.5 i think he this guy could really be a steal if he's available around the middle of the draft. If he was at a bigger school we would be talking of a top 5 pick here.

Very grounded with his choice of school and seems to have a level head. If we don't go QB this has to be the guy we go for in my opinion. 

I haven't seen much conversation around him so thought id strike up a topic Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have no clue where he'll end up on boards, but if he's around in the mid rounds he's an intriguing prospect.

Personally, I prioritize QB, OL and TE ahead of WR for the Jags in the coming draft, so I wouldn't go WR early if that's where Neal ends up going.

(11-07-2018, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have no clue where he'll end up on boards, but if he's around in the mid rounds he's an intriguing prospect.

Personally, I prioritize QB, OL and TE ahead of WR for the Jags in the coming draft, so I wouldn't go WR early if that's where Neal ends up going.

I think he's a first rounder based on "boards" I'm seeing across the webs.

We can not draft a WR in the first 2 rounds with this team.
I agree with you
QB, OL, TE in some order or fashion in the first 4 picks (3 rounds)

As I said initially I'd be up for a QB prospect early. But if we don't go that route I'd prefer a WR over OL or TE.

Our offensive line woes can be attributed to injuries and just quite frankly telegraphing every play we're about to run (new OC please) and TE I think given WR this can help out with TE. We've had far to many drops from our WR core this year and Harry just doesnt drop balls.

(11-07-2018, 04:58 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: As much of a chance i've been willing to give Blake Bortles, I'm with everyone else now and understand we need to move on. But let's say we move on with a vet QB or a later round prospect and we went a different option in the draft WR would be a glaring need for us.

N'Keal Harry to me is one of the best receivers I've seen in college and I believe severely underrated. I've been high on him since High School so im completely Bias, but he's a big body receiver which we don't really have right now and is capable of all the catches around as seen by his one handed grab the other week.

I know the knock on him is his speed but if he can run a sub 4.5 i think he this guy could really be a steal if he's available around the middle of the draft. If he was at a bigger school we would be talking of a top 5 pick here.

Very grounded with his choice of school and seems to have a level head. If we don't go QB this has to be the guy we go for in my opinion. 

I haven't seen much conversation around him so thought id strike up a topic Smile
If getting a vet QB that causes us to not draft a QB early it would have to be a big trade... im talking Russell wilson type trade... but lets play the scenario, even if we do get a qb through trade, the oline is a glaring need and wr is fairly deep this draft... as talented as Harry is hes not worth a pick in the 1st or 2nd round in my eyes... i believe guys like Davis Sills, Collin Johnson and Kelvin Harman are just as good if not better and you could get them round 3 maybe even 4... TE is also a possible pick round 2 or 3...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 06:03 AM by JackCity.)

Harry is pretty much a lock for the first round imo. His separation is a question mark though

(11-07-2018, 05:41 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: As I said initially I'd be up for a QB prospect early. But if we don't go that route I'd prefer a WR over OL or TE.

Our offensive line woes can be attributed to injuries and just quite frankly telegraphing every play we're about to run (new OC please) and TE I think given WR this can help out with TE. We've had far to many drops from our WR core this year and Harry just doesnt drop balls.

Not me. If we don't go QB, I'd definitely take an O-Lineman and then probably a TE. A good QB can make average WR's better.

(11-08-2018, 06:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 05:41 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: As I said initially I'd be up for a QB prospect early. But if we don't go that route I'd prefer a WR over OL or TE.

Not me. If we don't go QB, I'd definitely take an O-Lineman and then probably a TE. A good QB can make average WR's better.

Yeah.  I think a WR group of Lee, Westbrook, Chark, Cole isn't really as bad as everyone wants to make it out to be right now  -- especially when you put a more accurate QB under center.  Lots of exaggeration floating about concerning these receivers currently. It's not as bad as folks want to portray it, IMO. 

I'm all for adding another receiver - I just can't imagine putting that ahead of QB, OL or TE given the state of this offensive roster.  Of course - I thought they'd prioritize OL and TE last year too :/

That said - the draft is a LONG way off, and there are certainly scenarios involving free agency and trade that may re-align draft priorities - moving receiver closer to the early rounds.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 10:32 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

If we dont go QB in the first and Jonah Williams and Greg Little are off the board I really hope Dave trades back for the first time

I feel like the top TEs in this draft are just as good as the TE class the class couple years.

William's and Little are the only 2 lineman I would take in the first. Would be great to come away with one of those though

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 10:49 AM by Kane.)

(11-08-2018, 10:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we dont go QB in the first and Jonah Williams and Greg Little are off the board I really hope Dave trades back for the first time

I feel like the top TEs in this draft are just as good as the TE class the class couple years.

William's and Little are the only 2 lineman I would take in the first.  Would be great to come away with one of those though

I did a mock where we get Williams in the first.
The question then is, Cam to RT and Williams at LT?

(11-08-2018, 09:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 06:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not me. If we don't go QB, I'd definitely take an O-Lineman and then probably a TE. A good QB can make average WR's better.

Yeah.  I think a WR group of Lee, Westbrook, Chark, Cole isn't really as bad as everyone wants to make it out to be right now  -- especially when you put a more accurate QB under center.  Lots of exaggeration floating about concerning these receivers currently. It's not as bad as folks want to portray it, IMO. 

I'm all for adding another receiver - I just can't imagine putting that ahead of QB, OL or TE given the state of this offensive roster.  Of course - I thought they'd prioritize OL and TE last year too :/

That said - the draft is a LONG way off, and there are certainly scenarios involving free agency and trade that may re-align draft priorities - moving receiver closer to the early rounds.

I must admit... I was kinda hatin' on Lee early this year... I can see now how effective he was in this offense.
All those crossers he used to take would open up the routes for Cole and Westbrook, now those guys are having to run those routes.

I too think adding a WR isn't a bad idea, especially a big body one, just maybe a later round flyer, or perhaps cheap FA.
Westbrook and Chark are recent drafted WRs, Lee is the wiley vet at this point... I mean there's only so many snaps to go around.
To me... a first round WR would be like drafting Taven Bryan.

(11-08-2018, 10:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we dont go QB in the first and Jonah Williams and Greg Little are off the board I really hope Dave trades back for the first time

William's and Little are the only 2 lineman I would take in the first.  Would be great to come away with one of those though

I totally agree. Add draft picks for 2020. Besides, this isn't an especially good draft class of OT/OG's. I'm not really a fan of Little either. He's been beaten badly a couple of times this season and so has Dalton Risner. Jonah Williams is definitely the top OT, but he'll be long gone. Buffalo and Arizona will definitely target him. Trey Adams is just returning from back surgery this week, so who knows what he is gonna look like in his return. He could be a first rounder, but he could also go undrafted if that back issue keeps flaring up and he looks bad, once he hits the field. Trading back makes the most sense, if a QB is not the target. This TE class might be one of the best I've ever seen. Fant, Irv Smith, Okweuegbunam, Sternberger and Caleb Wilson are elite TE prospects in my eyes and some of those guys will fall to round 2. Kaden Smith of Stanford and Josh Oliver of San Jose State are also guys I like a lot as well. I'd be happy with any one of those guys.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 11:31 AM by JackCity.)

(11-08-2018, 11:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I totally agree. Add draft picks for 2020. Besides, this isn't an especially good draft class of OT/OG's. I'm not really a fan of Little either. He's been beaten badly a couple of times this season and so has Dalton Risner. Jonah Williams is definitely the top OT, but he'll be long gone. Buffalo and Arizona will definitely target him. Trey Adams is just returning from back surgery this week, so who knows what he is gonna look like in his return. He could be a first rounder, but he could also go undrafted if that back issue keeps flaring up and he looks bad, once he hits the field. Trading back makes the most sense, if a QB is not the target. This TE class might be one of the best I've ever seen. Fant, Irv Smith, Okweuegbunam, Sternberger and Caleb Wilson are elite TE prospects in my eyes and some of those guys will fall to round 2. Kaden Smith of Stanford and Josh Oliver of San Jose State are also guys I like a lot as well. I'd be happy with any one of those guys.

Adams is staying in school