Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mobama 2020

Calling it now.  Michelle Obama will be the Democratic Party nominee in 2020.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would be a smart pick if they plan on winning

(11-09-2018, 12:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Calling it now.  Michelle Obama will be the Democratic Party nominee in 2020.

What makes you say that?

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 04:19 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

I say it because she has the "star power", is not a politician, ticks the right demographic boxes, has the last name Obama, etc. I think she will be the establishment candidate and the DNC will clear the deck for her.

(11-09-2018, 01:33 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I say it because the has the "star power", is not a politician, ticks the right demographic boxes, has the last name Obama, etc.  I think she will be the establishment candidate and the DNC will clear the deck for her.

I think the DNC learned their lesson about clearing the deck for a candidate. The 2020 nominee will be far left which, despite the ranting of some on here, Michelle Obama is not.

I think Bernie would have stomped Trump in 2016, but I don't think he can do it now. He was their best chance and they instead picked the worst possible candidate.

They don't really have that star power now. Everyone on the left loves Michelle, so I guess it's as good as any. Not sure she'd want to do it though.

(11-09-2018, 01:41 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I think Bernie would have stomped Trump in 2016, but I don't think he can do it now. He was their best chance and they instead picked the worst possible candidate.

I share that line of thought. Bernie would have beaten Trump in the general election, and he may yet be able to squeak out a win if he runs in 2020, but I don't think he wants to at this point. I think he'd rather throw his support behind someone like Pocahontas or Kamala Harris than go through that again himself at, what, 75 years old? 

Democrats sure do know how to pick candidates lately, right? They have an open, easy path to the FL governorship, and they nominate a guy who lets the FBI pay for his campaign rallies. The best candidate they found this year was Beto O'Rourke, and running him in 2020 would be suicide.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 02:00 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-09-2018, 12:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Calling it now.  Michelle Obama will be the Democratic Party nominee in 2020.

OH God, I just looked at our list and Elizabeth Warren is listed #1 candidate.   Perhaps Michelle can become President and reverse everything Trump is doing then we can elect Ivanka and she can reverse everything Michelle did and by that time Thalia Obama will be ready to take office and we can just continue the cycle of madness ....

(11-09-2018, 01:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

OH God, I just looked at our list and Elizabeth Warren is listed #1 candidate.   Perhaps Michelle can become President and reverse everything Trump is doing then we can elect Ivanka and she can reverse everything Michelle did and by that time Thalia Obama will be ready to take office and we can just continue the cycle of madness ....

If Elizabeth Warren is our President, I'm moving to Canada.

(11-09-2018, 02:04 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 01:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OH God, I just looked at our list and Elizabeth Warren is listed #1 candidate.   Perhaps Michelle can become President and reverse everything Trump is doing then we can elect Ivanka and she can reverse everything Michelle did and by that time Thalia Obama will be ready to take office and we can just continue the cycle of madness ....

I'm going to Mexico --- much warmer and i do like tequila.

(11-09-2018, 02:04 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 01:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OH God, I just looked at our list and Elizabeth Warren is listed #1 candidate.   Perhaps Michelle can become President and reverse everything Trump is doing then we can elect Ivanka and she can reverse everything Michelle did and by that time Thalia Obama will be ready to take office and we can just continue the cycle of madness ....

There's an even better reason to move to Canada. Mail order weed from government dispensaries. My friend got this the day it became legal.

[Image: 44571385_10156234886959877_8787526778655...e=5C3C045D]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Given the fact that I worked as a Dept of Defense contractor for 25 years and now a Fortune 500 company for 5 years and have been subject to random drug screening, that's the 1st thing I'm going to do upon retirement. To be honest, I really didn't like it in college since it just made me tired and introverted (as my drug of choice was tequila) but now that I'm old and like to sleep and eat, I think it will fit right in with my planned lifestyle upon retirement.

Not sure how this would happen, but it wouldn't surprise me. None of their current roster can remotely come close to dethroning Trump in 2020 as it stands. The democratic primaries are going to be a blood bath and its going to be very interesting to see just how far left they can take the party. Trump will be eating it up.

Keep in mind, while MObama will win NY and CA by default, the rest of the county rejected an extension of Obama's presidency in Hillary Clinton.

(11-09-2018, 02:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not sure how this would happen, but it wouldn't surprise me. None of their current roster can remotely come close to dethroning Trump in 2020 as it stands. The democratic primaries are going to be a blood bath and its going to be very interesting to see just how far left they can take the party. Trump will be eating it up.

Keep in mind, while MObama will win NY and CA by default, the rest of the county rejected an extension of Obama's presidency in Hillary Clinton.
Dude. No one liked Hillary and it had nothing to do with Obama.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 02:37 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-09-2018, 02:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not sure how this would happen, but it wouldn't surprise me. None of their current roster can remotely come close to dethroning Trump in 2020 as it stands. The democratic primaries are going to be a blood bath and its going to be very interesting to see just how far left they can take the party. Trump will be eating it up.

Dude. No one liked Hillary and it had nothing to do with Obama.

Hillary's entire agenda would have been an extension of Obama. She was a rotten soul with a rotten agenda. Double negative.

(11-09-2018, 01:41 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I think Bernie would have stomped Trump in 2016, but I don't think he can do it now. He was their best chance and they instead picked the worst possible candidate.

They don't really have that star power now. Everyone on the left loves Michelle, so I guess it's as good as any. Not sure she'd want to do it though.

People like Michelle and Oprah are much more comfortable taking drive by shots at Trump. I'd be surprised if Michelle is ready to step into the Thunderdome after her husband just humiliated himself on the midterm campaign trail endorsing a bunch of people who lost.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-09-2018, 02:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude. No one liked Hillary and it had nothing to do with Obama.

Hillary's entire agenda would have been an extension of Obama. She was a rotten soul with a rotten agenda. Double negative.

People like Michelle and Oprah are much more comfortable taking drive by shots at Trump. I'd be surprised if Michelle is ready to step into the Thunderdome after her husband just humiliated himself on the midterm campaign trail endorsing a bunch of people who lost.

Are you sure about that?

Quote:...Trump endorsed 75 candidates, of whom 21 or 28 percent won. This was the lowest win rate of the other national figures—nearly 50 percent of Vice President Pence’s endorsements won, and over 50 percent of Obama’s and Biden’s endorsees won. Sanders does the best, as his endorsees won 66 percent of the time.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Nah. 

A lot of people who voted for Obama because of his color sat out the 2016 election. They'd be back if Michelle was the candidate. Or maybe not; the Left's opposition to presumption of innocence is turning a lot of black votes in Trump's direction.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I actually agree with this statement. The Democratic party screwed themselves by forcing Hillary down everyone's throats. When I looked at the last presidential ballot I saw two people (Trump and Hillary), that I did not like and did not respect. That is why I voted 3rd party. I may not like many politicians at all, but they at least have to earn my respect, for me to vote for them. Both parties failed miserably at putting respectable candidates on the ballot. As far as Bernie goes, I still believe he could beat Trump, but the Democratic party will never allow him to get that chance with their current leadership, because he is too radical for them. They want to keep the same old ideas and people are rebelling against them. That party needs new leadership or they will fail again.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 10:17 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(11-09-2018, 09:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I actually agree with this statement. The Democratic party screwed themselves by forcing Hillary down everyone's throats. When I looked at the last presidential ballot I saw two people (Trump and Hillary), that I did not like and did not respect. That is why I voted 3rd party. I may not like many politicians at all, but they at least have to earn my respect, for me to vote for them. Both parties failed miserably at putting respectable candidates on the ballot. As far as Bernie goes, I still believe he could beat Trump, but the Democratic party will never allow him to get that chance with their current leadership, because he is too radical for them. They want to keep the same old ideas and people are rebelling against them. That party needs new leadership or they will fail again.

Bernie was too radical for them. He isn't anymore.

He's now just slightly left to the modern democrat party. The party is moving closer to him. In 2009, 1/3 of Senators voted similarly to Bernie 90% of the time with 9 of them at or above 94%.

Today, he votes in unison with Schumer (84%), Leahy (80%), Blumenthal (85%), and Warren (93%) most of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw him up there as a candidate since they know how popular he was.