Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Gardner Minshew

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2018, 05:43 PM by knarnn.)

Thoughts? He has some of the intangibles you look for in a franchise QB as far as leadership goes and above average arm talent. But is he just the product of the air raid offense or can he have success in the league?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-10-2018, 04:17 PM)knarnn Wrote: Thoughts? He has some of the intangibles you look for in a franchise QB as far as leadership goes and above average arm talent. But is he just the product of the air raid offense or can he have success in the league?

It may be a long shot, but i see something there that can be developed with time and the right coaching. He's been my NCAA fantasy football QB all season and I'm currently 9-1. I'd definitely take a flyer on him if he's available in the last couple of rounds. Even if we draft a QB in the 1st. I want to improve our chances of getting a decent QB, even if we have to draft two of them. Whether it will happen in 2019 or 2020 is the real question.

He reminds me of Davis Webb with a weaker arm. Has some wow throws but I haven't seen enough of him playing in adverse situations so far.

Dude went off today

I'm intrigued by him as well. He isn't as big as I thought. Only listed at 6'2. But he seems to physically have what you need. Fairly good arm. Seems tough. But ultimately it's about how a guy does when under pressure. Seems like that's hard to predict.

These days (because of Blake) i look for a quick release from up high. He seems to have that.

Air raid offense. I am fine with him. Provided they find an OC that can fit his skills. Need one of Andy Reid's guys.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It's still very early and I haven't watched as much of him as I will, but I've yet to see a draftnik have him as anything but a day 3 pick thus far.

(11-18-2018, 01:39 PM)Upper Wrote: It's still very early and I haven't watched as much of him as I will, but I've yet to see a draftnik have him as anything but a day 3 pick thus far.

He came out of nowhere this year. Everyone still doing their homework. I'd be stunned if he went 1st round, but day 2 is very plausible

Let’s Goooooooo!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-27-2019, 03:37 PM)knarnn Wrote: Let’s Goooooooo!

Got to love his stache game.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 05:02 PM by irontrooper83.)

Good call on the guy with this thread! It's fun to watch, curious to see how it fits at the next level.

Not sure if this guy will even make the Jags roster but it's worth a shot.

Definitely more excited about him than Tanner Lee

(04-27-2019, 05:55 PM)JNev Wrote: Definitely more excited about him than Tanner Lee

I'm hoping they have hired Abraham Cornelius to put Minshew's brain in Tanner Lee's body to create the perfect prospect. 

Minshew has a pea shooter arm, but the football brain necessary to succeed. Lee has a cannon arm and something less than that upstairs.

He'll get his arm strength up wit better mechanics
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(11-18-2018, 10:35 AM)newporttom Wrote: These days (because of Blake) i look for a quick release from up high.  He seems to have that.

I remembered saying something about him.....

I love his ball placement on this throws. He always seems to throw it to the right spot.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

https://twitter.com/ReggieBush/status/11...8722010112

Reggie Bush is apparently a fan.

(04-27-2019, 05:33 PM)PortDawgJags808 Wrote: Not sure if this guy will even make the Jags roster but it's worth a shot.

I think he instantly slots in over McGough and Lee
so he's the 3rd guy on roster if we keep 3.

He could earn the #2 spot over Kessler which isn't exactly some feat...

I'm not overly excited about him. But we paid Nick to be the dude... so the back up is irrelevant at this point imo.
Barring Nick Foles just lighting the league on fire we need to address QB with a higher pick in next years draft.

But this guy could develop... who knows.
The air raid guys are starting to gain success in the league