Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars defense: All talk, no walk

First five Indianapolis drives in the first half:

7 plays, 75 yards, touchdown.
4 plays, 26 yards, punt.
6 plays, 70 yards, touchdown.
7 plays, 86 yards, touchdown.
10 plays, 50 yards, touchdown + 2 point conversion.

At least I haven't heard any BS smack talk from Ramsey for a while.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2018, 03:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

4 plays, 26 yards, punt.

Which really leaves you wondering, is it scheme, or are the players just too dumb to play it correctly? There's physical talent on the field.

Seems like the majority of the big plays are on individual players making mistakes.

Lots of them.

I've been saying it since week 3 this defense is fools gold. They're just simply not that good
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think one of the big problems is Telvin Smith. He's not good in pass defense, and he doesn't have the size to do much when the other team decides to run at us. He's great at using his speed to get angles in run defense to make plays, but I think teams have figured out that you just have to outphysical the Jaguars because our base defense can't match up when teams go big. It's why the titans have always beaten us, too.

Malik jackson and barry church are the two glaring weaknesses on our D. Good news is I think both will be gone after this year and it will clear a ton of cap space.

Let me make sure I'm doing this right because this is the home of EXCUSES...

Guys are playing injured! Guys got home 4am day before game because it's new city and responsibility doesn't matter, drinks on me.

Nah I'm sorry I can't do it, I'm not an excuse guy. They just aren't prepared what so ever.

Fire Caldwell

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 03:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-11-2018, 03:37 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Malik jackson and barry church are the two glaring weaknesses on our D. Good news is I think both will be gone after this year and it will clear a ton of cap space.

Agreed

(11-11-2018, 03:41 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Fire Caldwell

Please.  New GM with his new coaches and QB

overpaid bums
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-11-2018, 03:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

4 plays, 26 yards, punt.

Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing. I'm not going to claim to know what's going on but the way it *looks*, you'd think the defensive players had given up on the year and didn't bother preparing for this game.  Or maybe it's on the coaches for not getting them prepared. I don't think it's scheme so much as players seem to be missing assignments and not know where they're supposed to be.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

306 yrds surrendered in the first half. BAD

Defense is definitely the issue today. So two games out of 9 in total

(11-11-2018, 03:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Defense is definitely the issue today. So two games out of 9 in total

denial isn't just a rive a in Egypt brother.

(11-11-2018, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Seems like the majority of the big plays are on individual players making mistakes.

Lots of them.

They're missing #51. Paul might not have been the fastest player on the field but he was certainly the smartest.

(11-11-2018, 03:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Seems like the majority of the big plays are on individual players making mistakes.

Lots of them.

They're missing #51. Paul might not have been the fastest player on the field but he was certainly the smartest.

I think you are spot on, without Paul we have a roster of young hot heads and no leader.

how does a fumble overturned go against us on both sides of the coin at legitimately every possible opportunity. Browns game last year, Chargers game last year, AFCCG last year #MJWD, and now today.

Of course Fournette returns and runs well. Blake has a good day, the Defense finally gets it together in the 2nd half and of course for the umpteenth time a WR COUGHS UP THE BALL TO COST US THE GAME!!!! I AM SICK OF SEEING THEM LOSE THE SAME WAY MULTIPLE TIMES.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(11-11-2018, 03:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

Lots of them.

I totally agree.

Defense looks lost on the majority of the plays.

They had a few stands but 29 points is too many.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 05:15 PM by JackCity.)

(11-11-2018, 03:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 03:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Defense is definitely the issue today. So two games out of 9 in total

denial isn't just a rive a in Egypt brother.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be in denial about. Defense was god awful vs the cowboys and today for the first half.

Hasn't played close to last years standard but is still well above average and done enough to win multiple games.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 05:23 PM by old_man.)

Sure if you say so....

(11-11-2018, 05:13 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 03:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: denial isn't just a rive a in Egypt brother.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be in denial about. Defense was god awful vs the cowboys and today for the first half.  

Hasn't played close to last years standard but is still well above average and done enough to win multiple games.

Sorry man.  My eyes tell me they are not that good.  They had a few good series,  but allow 29 points....

Two glaring weaknesses LB and Safety (Church was replaced for a few plays by Ramsey)
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002