Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What to do?

The offense showed some fight today and the defense played well in the 2nd half. So if this was at the beginning of the year, I wouldn't be thinking these things. 

But we've now lost 5 games in a row and are 0-3 in the division. The playoffs are pretty much out of the question now. We know our cap space is bad and we're going to have to either cut or trade some folks. What do ya'll think? Who do ya'll see us getting rid of? Is this Campbell's last year with us? To me he's playing the best of the linemen; minus the few blunders he's made this year. 

We have to go qb in the first and wr in the second; if we don't trade up any. But we need o line depth. That bug killed our o line (linder has to be out for the year too). I don't know if bryan is going to be able to replace anyone on the d line. It might be a few years before we can get back again. 

The question goes to our coordinators too. They looked like they adjusted pretty well after half time, but I don't trust them. Its so sad that we look like so many changes are needed the year after making the AFCC. Talk about parity.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Win out?

(11-11-2018, 05:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Win out?

Lol! I appreciate and respect your positivity. But let's be realistic.....

Wash is bad. LBs are lost. OL still needs to be a point of emphasis in the off season. If we can find an upgrade, we need to address QB before we can fairly judge Hackett or the skill players on offense. Except Greene. He needs to go.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 05:45 PM by Upper.)

We scrap the people who tried to build a team with this archaic philosophy, hire people who will build the team the right way for the modern NFL, and pray they hit on their QB pick.

There is what should happen and what will most likely happen....

I will be shocked if they don't try to sell it is all injuries on offense and that next year will be better. The defense is having major coverage and communication break downs. Having cap issues doesnt help.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Church, Parnell, and Jackson are the ones most likely to get cut, along with a few high-priced special teamers. Possibly Campell if we go in full rebuild mode.

This team will be very different next year. Far too many overpaid underperformers, the exact opposite of last year.

Hopefully we fire Cadlwell and the entire coaching staff.

The QB class of 2019 is utter garbage. 2020 is where it's at. I don't see us parting with Bortles but our defensive unit will change drastically next year.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 05:57 PM by old_man.)

Draft for defense and Offensive line.

Our D played out of their minds last year.......Their heads got big and they came back to earth this season
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We quit watching the NFL altogether.

(11-11-2018, 05:54 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: The QB class of 2019 is utter garbage. 2020 is where it's at. I don't see us parting with Bortles but our defensive unit will change drastically next year.

I think that's right.  Hopefully we can find a patch at qb in FA.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-11-2018, 05:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 05:54 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: The QB class of 2019 is utter garbage. 2020 is where it's at. I don't see us parting with Bortles but our defensive unit will change drastically next year.

We tried that before and we had Henne.  We are stuck with 2019 being a push of a season. We will probably be mucking it all out in 2020 with move talk a constant.
The Khan Years

(11-11-2018, 05:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

QB was not an issue today
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

2019 will be another losing season. Hopefully we go in full rebuild mode and are drafting in the top 3 to get a good QB out of the 2020 class.

Here is what makes it even worse....

The rest of the division is getting better and solid play across their teams. We are looking up from the bottom again after so little time on top.
The Khan Years

(11-11-2018, 05:56 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: We quit watching the NFL altogether.

Lol I've thought about it. It's not good on my heart lol

Im still at a loss at the complete 180 this team made. Idk what happened to us unless it was all a front... I agree that church should go. I like Malik and hope we can end up working something out to keep him. But he made it pretty obvious when he signed that he wants his money lol. Parnell needs to go too. He's played decent but turns into a ghost too often. We need WRs and o line strength badly. But with the defense turning sideways, there's just way too much to replace in one year....

(11-11-2018, 06:03 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 05:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think that's right.  Hopefully we can find a patch at qb in FA.

QB was not an issue today

QB is always an issue. You can't expect YAC to be part of your game plan.  They throw short of the sticks constantly.  Bortles doesnt throw the football he fights it in a direction. His dump offs were horrendously out of position today.
The Khan Years

It’s time to blow it up and rebuild. The rest of the season will be basically players being evaluated and performing for their jobs

#GoingforGrier