Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What to do?

(11-11-2018, 05:44 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Wash is bad.  LBs are lost.  OL still needs to be a point of emphasis in the off season.  If we can find an upgrade, we need to address QB before we can fairly judge Hackett or the skill players on offense.  Except Greene.  He needs to go.

Ah finally, I knew I wasn't the only one who see's potential in Hackett. I think he's pretty creative, I too would love to see him with a QB who can run a NFL offense properly.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2018, 06:20 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: It’s time to blow it up and rebuild. The rest of the season will be basically players being evaluated and performing for their jobs

I didn't think we would be here again but we are...

We need upgrades at just about every offensive position.  Sadly we have not seen any WR improvement and they are all replaceable. Is it too much to ask for them to hold onto the ball?

Is it coaching, scheme and players?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I don't want to overreact, I still maintain this team needs tweaking not rebuilding but we have to have a serious conversation about the D. Since that first game in New York we have had blown coverages, mis communication and guys running wiiiiiide open. There is something fundamentally wrong with our D this year. 

Now first instinct is to blame Wash but I've seen plenty of players making mistakes. The D is just not working properly and for all the injuries on O, this D should have dominated and helped win us some games in this stretch. 

Like I say, a serious discussion, not just finger pointing and cut this guy. 

It just isn't working properly in any way.

(11-11-2018, 06:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 05:44 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Wash is bad.  LBs are lost.  OL still needs to be a point of emphasis in the off season.  If we can find an upgrade, we need to address QB before we can fairly judge Hackett or the skill players on offense.  Except Greene.  He needs to go.

Ah finally, I knew I wasn't the only one who see's potential in Hackett. I think he's pretty creative, I too would love to see him with a QB who can run a NFL offense properly.

Bortles will be the QB next year.  Get over it.

What was the issue today?  Lost or Center and LT.  Offense looked like it should have with the return to Fournette.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

-Waive Marrone and Wash
-Draft / FA : Oline, WRs, QB, DT
-Re-sign Yeldon, Grant.
-Trade Fournette

Keep Caldwell (since TC is here to help him) and Hackett (who could do better with a better Oline and WRs)

(11-11-2018, 06:55 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: -Waive Marrone and Wash
-Draft / FA : Oline, WRs, QB, DT
-Re-sign Yeldon, Grant.
-Trade Fournette

Keep Caldwell (since TC is here to help him) and Hackett (who could do better with a better Oline and WRs)

I think we again have to have a proper conversation about what kind of O we want to run. I get everyone looking at the Chiefs, Rams and Saints and saying 'That', but let's remember how those teams did last year. Saints lose in the playoffs to a DB making one of the dumbest plays you'll see.

There's no 'right way, and I think people are writing off the importance of D too quickly. We looked better on O with Fournette today and as much as I respect Blake, your always going to have to build around his limitations. I expect Blake on the roster next year but I wouldn't say he's going to be the starter, a proper QB battle in camp.

The league is becoming about speed, look at Gurley, Kamara, Hunt, Hill, it's their pace and the nightmare of who to line them up against. Too quick for LB's, too strong for DB's. 

One other thing I think about, remember when we drafted Bortles, A-Rod, Lee, Yeldon spent on O in FA, and the D was awful, well we spent the next few years on D and now most of those pieces on the O have gone. I think they go overboard on O this year.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 07:19 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Until we draft another qb this will be what it is. Last year was an anomaly clearly.

I have rode with Blake but he’s just not good enough to cover up the mistakes this team makes. If they don’t play perfect we don’t win. That’s too much for any team. It’s time to find a new trigger man

fire the HC OC and DC have Tom take over rest of year promote QB coach to OC he has experince and won championship in CFL and is former NFL QB like Frank Riech. HIre mike smith to fix the defense

(11-11-2018, 06:51 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 06:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Ah finally, I knew I wasn't the only one who see's potential in Hackett. I think he's pretty creative, I too would love to see him with a QB who can run a NFL offense properly.

Bortles will be the QB next year.  Get over it.

What was the issue today?  Lost or Center and LT.  Offense looked like it should have with the return to Fournette.

LOL wha? I'm fully aware he is going to be....? Point still remains I'd like to see Hackett with a real QB.

I guess it's time to fire everyone who can be fired and cut everyone who can't be fired. That's something healthy franchises do after a single bad season right?

(11-11-2018, 07:36 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 06:51 PM)old_man Wrote: Bortles will be the QB next year.  Get over it.

LOL wha? I'm fully aware he is going to be....? Point still remains I'd like to see Hackett with a real QB.

why hacket would run the same plays. he does not have but 5 passing plays in the entire playbook past 5 yard crossers. he has all run up middles plays. it would not change if you had a diff QB.

(11-11-2018, 07:39 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 07:36 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: LOL wha? I'm fully aware he is going to be....? Point still remains I'd like to see Hackett with a real QB.

why hacket would run the same plays. he does not have but 5 passing plays in the entire playbook past 5 yard crossers. he has all run up middles plays. it would not change if you had a diff QB.

You got it backwards man. The playbook is what it is because of Bortles. He can't throw anything but what you described, that's why you see this offense. A QB who can make all the throws, would dramatically open up the playbook.

After seeing what the Bills did today with Matt Barkley (!), it is almost a sure thing that we lose our remaining 7 games. We are the equivalent of last year's Texans.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-11-2018, 07:54 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: After seeing what the Bills did today with Matt Barkley (!), it is almost a sure thing that we lose our remaining 7 games.  We are the equivalent of last year's Texans.

That’s not a bad call. We have the offensive injuries compared to their defensive. Not a bad comparison. But I think our issues run deeper than just injuries though.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(11-11-2018, 07:38 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I guess it's time to fire everyone who can be fired and cut everyone who can't be fired. That's something healthy franchises do after a single bad season right?

What about the record 5 straight top 5 picks before the "single bad season"? I think you have the facts turned exactly backwards, unfortunately.

(11-11-2018, 07:58 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 07:38 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I guess it's time to fire everyone who can be fired and cut everyone who can't be fired. That's something healthy franchises do after a single bad season right?

What about the record 5 straight top 5 picks before the "single bad season"? I think you have the facts turned exactly backwards, unfortunately.

I wish we only had one bad season. More like one good season every decade.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

From all pro, pro bowl and players in the running for Defensive player of the year to what we have this year.... ouch! Pride sure does come before the fall.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 08:31 PM by SamusAranX.)

There’s definitely going to be some changes. And you say a single “bad” season but the team under Caldwell has had four bad seasons and is on its way to a fifth. No GM should survive a 1 out of 6 batting average, especially when he failed a miserably on the QB position, which is where you virtually *must* succeed at in today’s league to be competitive

fire every single person in the organization.. every single coach.. fire caldwell, fire coughlin

get rid of everyone, cut every single player who is not on a rookie contract

then, pack everything up, and gtfo of jacksonville and never come back

(11-11-2018, 08:31 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
There’s definitely going to be some changes. And you say a single “bad” season but the team under Caldwell has had four bad seasons and is on its way to a fifth. No GM should survive a 1 out of 6 batting average, especially when he failed a miserably on the QB position, which is where you virtually *must* succeed at in today’s league to be competitive

Yup