Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What to do?

(11-11-2018, 11:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 10:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Here's the thing I'm so disappointed with this season but I'm trying to remain realistic, it's easy to say fire Marrone but who would you replace him with? Which HC is on the hot seat or what OC/DC/ST coach runs a great O that uses the talent we have and they would have to work with? Hell with the way the league is going you could look at college coaches.

The same could be said for Wash and Hackett.
As much as I want to... wouldn't fire Marrone. Why? What legit HC would want the position with Bortles guaranteed next season? Answer? NONE!!!! Now... Wash.... FIRE HIM. No question we would have all the bright defensive minds lining up to be here... no question about it.

See in one hand I can get behind this. He inherited a rag tag team with young talent and young potential. They had never known success, rarely won and had Gus telling them unlucky. He's in his second year and has had terrible luck with injuries on the O which has severely impacted his game plan each week. How close is this team to what Marrone wants? And then there's Blake.....

And I've said in other threads, it's not all on Wash but we've had the broken coverages and mis communications since week 1. It's up to the coach to clean that up and he hasn't, plus the results from this D unit are appalling. I agree that plenty of D coaches would want to come, look at Wade with the Rams. In a weird way Gus on paper would be a good fit as a DC. If Todd Bowles gets canned by the Jets he'd be a nice addition, I also look at ex players like Vrabel and Pedersen and wonder if a few more will get a shot. McCardell as OC? this D is an elite unit. They've played nowhere like it this year but They are.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2018, 11:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I bring in a young, successful OC to replace Marrone. The guy I like the most is Pete Carmichael, the OC for the Saints since 2009. He's only 47 years old and has used the run and the pass especially well. I'm surprised Carmichael hasn't gotten a shot at being an NFL HC already. That's just my opinion.

Just because he's going to be on the roster, doesn't mean we have to start him.

Sean Payton calls the plays

Does that take away from everything Carmichael does? I don't think so. He's been learning from one of the all-time greats. He'd probably bring the same system. It would be like getting another Sean Payton. Wouldn't that be a good thing? I think it would.

(11-11-2018, 11:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sean Payton calls the plays

Does that take away from everything Carmichael does? I don't think so. He's been learning from one of the all-time greats. He'd probably bring the same system. It would be like getting another Sean Payton. Wouldn't that be a good thing? I think it would.

Lol

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 11:35 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-11-2018, 11:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I bring in a young, successful OC to replace Marrone. The guy I like the most is Pete Carmichael, the OC for the Saints since 2009. He's only 47 years old and has used the run and the pass especially well. I'm surprised Carmichael hasn't gotten a shot at being an NFL HC already. That's just my opinion.

Just because he's going to be on the roster, doesn't mean we have to start him.
Carmichael has Drew Brees to scheme for. He’s being asked to work with bortles. That’s like asking Wolfgang Puck to go from cooking with premium ingredients to handing him a bag of ramen and expecting a fancy plate of food

Again, no, he wouldn't be asked to scheme for Bortles, unless this team is completely brain dead. Yes, Bortles will be on the roster in 2019, but that does not mean we have to start him. Any potential HC coming in would have to be guaranteed that they would have an equal vote as to which QB to draft or sign in free agency, whether it be 2019 or 2020. That would be very attractive to a lot of potential HC candidates. Besides, some of us think Ramen taste pretty good. I just had a bowl for supper.  Smile

(11-11-2018, 11:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Does that take away from everything Carmichael does? I don't think so. He's been learning from one of the all-time greats. He'd probably bring the same system. It would be like getting another Sean Payton. Wouldn't that be a good thing? I think it would.

Lol

So, you're saying you wouldn't like the kind of offensive scheme New Orleans runs? I think it would be a huge improvement over the conservative crap we now have.

(11-11-2018, 11:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Carmichael has Drew Brees to scheme for. He’s being asked to work with bortles. That’s like asking Wolfgang Puck to go from cooking with premium ingredients to handing him a bag of ramen and expecting a fancy plate of food

Again, no, he wouldn't be asked to scheme for Bortles, unless this team is completely brain dead. Yes, Bortles will be on the roster in 2019, but that does not mean we have to start him. Any potential HC coming in would have to be guaranteed that they would have an equal vote as to which QB to draft or sign in free agency, whether it be 2019 or 2020. That would be very attractive to a lot of potential HC candidates. Besides, some of us think Ramen taste pretty good. I just had a bowl for supper.  Smile

(11-11-2018, 11:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol

So, you're saying you wouldn't like the kind of offensive scheme New Orleans runs? I think it would be a huge improvement over the conservative crap we now have.
I wouldnt hate it but if we are going to think like that, I'd rather have another Bill Belichick.  Open the check book for Josh McDaniels, has SB rings, has been under one of if not the best coach ever, young, and has head coaching experience

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018, 11:44 PM by JagFan81.)

(11-11-2018, 11:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Carmichael has Drew Brees to scheme for. He’s being asked to work with bortles. That’s like asking Wolfgang Puck to go from cooking with premium ingredients to handing him a bag of ramen and expecting a fancy plate of food

The same old names will get thrown around come Black Monday. McDaniel, Schwarz, you know the usual and any Coordinator on a playoff team.

If we could tempt say Bruce Arians out of retirement I could be swayed on Doug. Always good O's, can get results with not great QB's, strong D's and a solid staff around him. I know he retired due to health reasons and sometimes that puts football into perspective but if we make changes they have to be improvements.

Lol, you know who was Payton's OC before Pete Carmichael?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-11-2018, 11:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Again, no, he wouldn't be asked to scheme for Bortles, unless this team is completely brain dead. Yes, Bortles will be on the roster in 2019, but that does not mean we have to start him. Any potential HC coming in would have to be guaranteed that they would have an equal vote as to which QB to draft or sign in free agency, whether it be 2019 or 2020. That would be very attractive to a lot of potential HC candidates. Besides, some of us think Ramen taste pretty good. I just had a bowl for supper.  Smile

Hahaha, good call

(11-11-2018, 11:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Again, no, he wouldn't be asked to scheme for Bortles, unless this team is completely brain dead. Yes, Bortles will be on the roster in 2019, but that does not mean we have to start him. Any potential HC coming in would have to be guaranteed that they would have an equal vote as to which QB to draft or sign in free agency, whether it be 2019 or 2020. That would be very attractive to a lot of potential HC candidates. Besides, some of us think Ramen taste pretty good. I just had a bowl for supper.  Smile

I wouldnt hate it but if we are going to think like that, I'd rather have another Bill Belichick.  Open the check book for Josh McDaniels, has SB rings, has been under one of if not the best coach ever, young, and has head coaching experience

Guys on the Bill Belichick coaching tree have not fared well as head coaches.

(11-11-2018, 06:17 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 06:03 PM)old_man Wrote: QB was not an issue today

QB is always an issue. You can't expect YAC to be part of your game plan.  They throw short of the sticks constantly.  Bortles doesnt throw the football he fights it in a direction. His dump offs were horrendously out of position today.

That and the wind up is as bad as its ever been.  Just eyeballing it, he has to have one of the slowest releases in the league.  Any plan that doesn't include either a QB drafted in the 1st round or significant competition being brought in via free agency is a plan to fail in 2019.

How did that wind up get drafted 3rd overall?

(11-11-2018, 11:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Yes, it was Marrone, but they have different personalities. Coughlin wanted to bring in a hard nosed guy that don't give in to change (Marrone). That doesn't work anymore. We also know that that guys who think everything is "sunshine and ice cream", like (Gus Bradley) don't work either. We need someone with a temperament somewhere in between.

(11-12-2018, 12:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you know who was Payton's OC before Pete Carmichael?

Yes, it was Marrone, but they have different personalities. Coughlin wanted to bring in a hard nosed guy that don't give in to change (Marrone). That doesn't work anymore. We also know that that guys who think everything is "sunshine and ice cream", like (Gus Bradley) don't work either. We need someone with a temperament somewhere in between.

You keep saying things that don't make sense, Coughlin came in after Marrone.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-11-2018, 11:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: As much as I want to... wouldn't fire Marrone. Why? What legit HC would want the position with Bortles guaranteed next season? Answer? NONE!!!! Now... Wash.... FIRE HIM. No question we would have all the bright defensive minds lining up to be here... no question about it.

See in one hand I can get behind this. He inherited a rag tag team with young talent and young potential. They had never known success, rarely won and had Gus telling them unlucky. He's in his second year and has had terrible luck with injuries on the O which has severely impacted his game plan each week. How close is this team to what Marrone wants? And then there's Blake.....

And I've said in other threads, it's not all on Wash but we've had the broken coverages and mis communications since week 1. It's up to the coach to clean that up and he hasn't, plus the results from this D unit are appalling. I agree that plenty of D coaches would want to come, look at Wade with the Rams. In a weird way Gus on paper would be a good fit as a DC. If Todd Bowles gets canned by the Jets he'd be a nice addition, I also look at ex players like Vrabel and Pedersen and wonder if a few more will get a shot. McCardell as OC? this D is an elite unit. They've played nowhere like it this year but They are.

You sir brought up something extremely scary , but but very true. GUS BRADLEY had the CHARGERS d looking prime....head coach candidate???

(11-11-2018, 05:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Win out?

LOL

(11-12-2018, 12:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, it was Marrone, but they have different personalities. Coughlin wanted to bring in a hard nosed guy that don't give in to change (Marrone). That doesn't work anymore. We also know that that guys who think everything is "sunshine and ice cream", like (Gus Bradley) don't work either. We need someone with a temperament somewhere in between.

You keep saying things that don't make sense, Coughlin came in after Marrone.

On the same day Coughlin was hired, the interim tag was removed from Marrone and he was named the permanent head coach. Do you honestly think Coughlin had no say in that? I don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 04:50 AM by Predator.)

(11-12-2018, 01:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You keep saying things that don't make sense, Coughlin came in after Marrone.

On the same day Coughlin was hired, the interim tag was removed from Marrone and he was named the permanent head coach. Do you honestly think Coughlin had no say in that? I don't.

Just more meaningless drivel.

According to NFL.com this was a Jaguar decision and they would have a lot more knowledge about what transpired than you considering they would have actually spoke to people in the front office and it's safe to say you didn't.

"Coughlin interviewed as a head coach. That is what he wanted to do," Rapoport explained. "He was very clear. He did not want to come in as an executive, he wanted to be the man on the sidelines. And then they decided to hire Doug Marrone and ... Coughlin reversed course a little bit and decided to come on as an executive."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ecutive-vp

Just stop already. I have never seen anyone talk out of there rear as much as you.

(11-11-2018, 10:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 10:24 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: First and probably the most important "DO" is the fix the cap! My GM cap is on.....LMAO!

Players that have to go/Trade:  48 Million savings w/ these cuts
Church - Replaced by Harrison SS
M. Jackson - Replaced by #1 Pick Oliver DT (AL)
Parnell - Replaced By Flowers OT
McCray -
ASJ - 
Gibson -Tyrann Matieu FS FA
Dareus - Replaced By Frank Clark- DE FA

Team:
QB: BB, Kessler, (We are stuck w/ BB) QB in 2020 Draft
RB: LF, Yeldon, Hyde, Grant, Williams (practice squad) - *Run first Offense
WR: Lee, Chark, Westbrook, Cole, FA Funchess (26 yrs old),  Rookie Take your pick #2 Pick
TE: O'Shaugnessy, Niles Paul, Grinnage, FA ?
O-Line: Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Flowers, Wells, Shatley, Reed, Richardson, Rookie Chris Linstrom (RG) #3 Pick

D-Line: Yannick, Smoot, Campbell, Jones, Bryan, Ankou, Rookie #1 Pick DT Oliver (AL)FA - Frank Clark (DE -26yrs old)
LB: Jack, Smith, Jacobs, Brown, Rookie #3 Pick TJ Edwards LB Wisconsin
FS: FA Tyrann Mathieu, Wilson, C.Davis
SS: Harrison, CJ Reavis, C.Davis
CB: Bouye, Ramsey, Hayden, Patmon, Herndon, Meeks

*W/ the loss of Dareus, Jackson, Oliver w/ the #1 is a no brainer (If we pick in the #9 - #12 spots). Bryan and Oliver along with Yannick are the future. Campbell stays for his leadership and experience and I think he has another year left with production.

I can understand cutting Malik, but you do realize Bryan was brought in to replace him... he isn't a DE at all... you want to take another DT 1st pick? Or is he replacing Dareus? 

I'm just confused on the logic here

*W/ the loss of Dareus, Jackson, Oliver w/ the #1 is a no brainer (If we pick in the #9 - #12 spots). Bryan and Oliver along with Yannick are the future. Campbell stays for his leadership and experience and I think he has another year left with production.

My bad, I didn't really care what spot was replacing who, 3 tech, 2 tech, 1 tech, I just want the talent here. Your right Bryan over Jackson and yes Oliver over Dareus.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Anyone remember the picture of the guy jumping off the building that used to be posted after bad losses? To the Bank of America Tower!!

(11-12-2018, 04:32 AM)Predator Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 01:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: On the same day Coughlin was hired, the interim tag was removed from Marrone and he was named the permanent head coach. Do you honestly think Coughlin had no say in that? I don't.

Just more meaningless drivel.

According to NFL.com this was a Jaguar decision and they would have a lot more knowledge about what transpired than you considering they would have actually spoke to people in the front office and it's safe to say you didn't.

"Coughlin interviewed as a head coach. That is what he wanted to do," Rapoport explained. "He was very clear. He did not want to come in as an executive, he wanted to be the man on the sidelines. And then they decided to hire Doug Marrone and ... Coughlin reversed course a little bit and decided to come on as an executive."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ecutive-vp

Just stop already. I have never seen anyone talk out of there rear as much as you.

Believe what you wanna believe.

(11-12-2018, 12:47 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 11:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: See in one hand I can get behind this. He inherited a rag tag team with young talent and young potential. They had never known success, rarely won and had Gus telling them unlucky. He's in his second year and has had terrible luck with injuries on the O which has severely impacted his game plan each week. How close is this team to what Marrone wants? And then there's Blake.....

You sir brought up something extremely scary , but but very true. GUS BRADLEY had the CHARGERS d looking prime....head coach candidate???

This place would be the greatest place on the internet if we bought him back! The Chargers D looks good and plays that aggressive style.