Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's up with Jalen?

(11-13-2018, 03:48 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sounds more like a bunch of people just try to make wayyyy too much out of the guys twitter feed in the first place.

Used to have a girlfriend who did similar things with her facebook posts.
Always looking for a "what does that mean" or "what's wrong" type response.

Drama queen. I know one or two like that.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2018, 12:48 PM by knarnn.)

(11-15-2018, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: more Jalen being Jalen in today's presser:

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...9201251328

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...2678719488

That last tweet bothers me. So they don’t know what they are doing out there after being in the same scheme for at least 2 years now? So either Wash really sucks as a teacher or the players in question are idiots and should see the bench until they get it. Either way something has to give.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-15-2018, 12:47 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: more Jalen being Jalen in today's presser:

That last tweet bothers me. So they don’t know what they are doing out there after being in the same scheme for at least 2 years now? So either Wash really sucks as a teacher or the players in question are idiots and should see the bench until they get it. Either way something has to give.
It's what Gipson, Telvin, Ramsey, and Marrone are all saying. Individual players are not playing their intended role on most of these blown coverages/ big plays given up. 

We can only speculate which of them are due to stupidity by players, miscommunication on the field, and/or just bad coaching/preparation. 

But yeah, they can't continue screwing that stuff up if they want to win - 'cause this offense aint gonna' bail them out. That's for damn sure.

It's because opposing teams are throwing them curve balls on purpose. It's easy to look at film and say "hey you need to pick up this guy". But at game speed guys are missing their assignments because they're confused on who's supposed to cover who. It's a scheme issue, it needs to be simplified, IE. it needs to be mostly man coverage while our guys are still in their prime and have the speed to hang.

I’m still not sure why we run zone at all when it’s abundantly clear that it doesn’t work, and it’s not suited to our players strengths. We play better with man, it’s that simple.

Didn’t we learn our lesson after the debacle in Arizona last year? That to me is on coaching

Is this guy actually a college graduate?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-15-2018, 01:07 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m still not sure why we run zone at all when it’s abundantly clear that it doesn’t work, and it’s not suited to our players strengths. We play better with man, it’s that simple.

Didn’t we learn our lesson after the debacle in Arizona last year? That to me is on coaching

It was abundantly clear that it worked pretty damn well in 2017 when they held opponents to 170 yards per game passing. 

The problem right now is that the smarter OCs are successfully scheming against it and there are two reasons they are doing so well in a few games:

- In-Game adjustments are coming late after damage is done and
- individual players are making way too many mistakes with assignments

It's also important to note this stuff hasn't just happened consistently in every game this year as some are implying.

(11-14-2018, 10:57 PM)nate Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 03:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: Don't let the door hit ya &c.

If dude don't want to be here and is overtly ignoring coaching as alleged, I say ship him to Vegas for some of those picks they've been hoarding.

This is pulling a Gruden in reverse.  

It is very nearly the equivalent of shipping Mack out.  

Especially for this team, you draft every year to have someone with that much talent.

Sorry our prima donna fans get miffed when a player gets frustrated at losing.  I say we bring back the ping pong tables and happy/happy joy/joy.

Weren't we talking just a short few years ago how irritating it was that the players were too complacent with losing and that Gus's attitude of not focusing on winning was?

Some of our fans BLOW.

Nate, I am perfectly fine with having talent, even talent that is critical when things get down. The tweet came off like he already has his bags packed. I want guys who take a loss, and seek ways to prevent it in the future. If this is Jalen clapping back at some keyboard warriors sending him tweets to get outta town, FINE.  Call them out specifically, but even talking about being somewhere else suggests the mentality is to follow the paycheck, not the team.

I guess I blow for wanting talent that isn't going to go rogue during a game or think they are bigger than the team or their coaches.  That mindset is infectious, and can ruin a team.

What a bum...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-15-2018, 01:11 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Is this guy actually a college graduate?

No.
He went to FSU

yall trippin again. Man, the world has become so sensitive.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2018, 02:32 PM by Rockman1966.)

He's just a kid. I say things I regret and a quite am bit older than Jalen. He gets a pass from me.

He is the type of person that pumps his chest when all is well but runs away and blames others when things are bad.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-15-2018, 02:29 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: He's just a kid.  I say things I regret and a quite am bit older than Jalen.  He gets a pass from me.

The fact that this is being blown out of proportion is baffling to me.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(11-15-2018, 02:33 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: He is the type of person that pumps his chest when all is well but runs away and blames others when things are bad.

He’s a snowflake. But he’s our talented snowflake. You would hope Calais would rub off on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

Can't believe I spent 100 buxs on his jersey. If he wants out, trade him

(11-15-2018, 02:29 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: He's just a kid.  I say things I regret and a quite am bit older than Jalen.  He gets a pass from me.

(11-15-2018, 02:35 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:

The fact that this is being blown out of proportion is baffling to me.

I agree. His attitude is not ideal. He says some things out of some immature emotional responses instead of thinking it through sometimes. But there are 53 different personalities on every roster. His is unique to him. No big deal. 

Personally - when I'm looking at early first round cornerbacks - I'm not looking for peerless moral character. I'm not demanding he must be wise beyond his years.  
I just want him to handle DeAndre Hopkins and Antonio Brown.

I don't have any issues with him clapping back on fans. But I do think he needs to look at it from our perspective. Yes, he went through a few hard years when he first arrived, but we've been dealing with this for decades...... And I didn't mind the yapping in the offseason; but now he seems like he can't take it coming back. He's young and still learning, so hopefully he learns from all of this. I think we have too many lead voices in the locker room right now with too many opinions. We have too many "leaders" and not enough followers.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Jalen just wants attention and he got it. One of those glued to the phone types. New generation.