Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Linder out this week

Looks like a knee injury. Think they are still testing on severity

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh no.... there goes the playoffs.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Not good. At least Shatley is a decent back-up. Wish we could say that about left tackle.

Seasons over put him on IR and start preparing for next year.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Agreed. No reason to risk further injury

(11-12-2018, 02:54 PM)jagboss Wrote: Looks like a knee injury. Think they are still testing on severity

The good news is they're testing the severity of the injury.  That means it's not an ACL, so we should be able to get him back this year barring a need for surgery.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-12-2018, 03:05 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Seasons over put him on IR and start preparing for next year.

I disagree.  If it's an MCL that he can brace and return once the pain and swelling is addressed, there's no reason to put him on the IR.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-12-2018, 03:45 PM)FBT Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 02:54 PM)jagboss Wrote: Looks like a knee injury. Think they are still testing on severity

The good news is they're testing the severity of the injury.  That means it's not an ACL, so we should be able to get him back this year barring a need for surgery.
Just announced he’s out for the year.

So there goes that.

Time for full tank mode. Don't mess it up Marrone!

What quarterback are we tanking for? I don’t see any can’t miss studs.

(11-12-2018, 04:50 PM)JeepJag Wrote: What quarterback are we tanking for? I don’t see any can’t miss studs.

A healthy Jags team is still primed to win. I would just pick up any QB who happens to be on the market. That makes us 10x better than we are now automatically.

(11-12-2018, 04:50 PM)JeepJag Wrote: What quarterback are we tanking for? I don’t see any can’t miss studs.

Then you aren't using your eyes.

There are 2 or 3 guys worthy of a first round pick. (Grier, Lock, Herbert)
And certainly you can't be OK with rolling into 2019 with Bortles and Kessler as the only options?

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 05:05 PM by JeepJag.)

(11-12-2018, 04:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

A healthy Jags team is still primed to win. I would just pick up any QB who happens to be on the market. That makes us 10x better than we are now automatically.

Fair point. Does Tyrod Taylor and a mid first round rookie offer you more potential? The dead money on the Bortles contract will hurt, and I’ve always liked him, but the realization is there. You’d need huge offseason development on the part of Richardson and Bryan, along with regaining health on the offensive line, add a WR/Guard/D-tackle in rounds 2-3-4 in no particular order. Maybe back to at least respectability.

(11-12-2018, 05:00 PM)Kane Wrote:

Then you aren't using your eyes.

There are 2 or 3 guys worthy of a first round pick. (Grier, Lock, Herbert)
And certainly you can't be OK with rolling into 2019 with Bortles and Kessler as the only options?
Oh I love Herbert, but he isn’t coming out. Lock and Grier I’m on the fence about both. Wouldn’t call the first round locks, currently. We can’t go in with Bortles and Kessler though, not under any circumstances. Especially if the team wants to sell tickets.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 05:07 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-12-2018, 05:02 PM)JeepJag Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 04:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A healthy Jags team is still primed to win. I would just pick up any QB who happens to be on the market. That makes us 10x better than we are now automatically.

Fair point. Does Tyrod Taylor and a mid first round rookie offer you more potential? The dead money on the Bortles contract will hurt, and I’ve always liked him, but the realization is there. You’d need huge offseason development on the part of Richardson and Bryan, along with regaining health on the offensive line, add a WR/Guard/D-tackle in rounds 2-3-4 in no particular order. Maybe back to at least respectability.

It's hard to say. We already lost a 5th on a RB we don't even intend to use. First order of business would be to get rid of Caldwell before he can do any more damage with the draft picks that we actually have. I'd test the FA market for a veteran who still has some juice and probably grab a WR in 1st round, unless an elite OT is available. We need to stack up on big-ugly OL men. You can never have too many.

I'd try to trade Ramsey in offseason if someone is willing to give up the farm for him. With our current cap situation, stockpiling draft picks is not a bad thing.

The one key assumption here is that Dave Caldwell has nothing to do with any of the picks we make. That is paramount.

Man, I’m buying stock in whatever turnstile company is doing the repairs on our O line.

Too much?

(11-12-2018, 05:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:02 PM)JeepJag Wrote: Fair point. Does Tyrod Taylor and a mid first round rookie offer you more potential? The dead money on the Bortles contract will hurt, and I’ve always liked him, but the realization is there. You’d need huge offseason development on the part of Richardson and Bryan, along with regaining health on the offensive line, add a WR/Guard/D-tackle in rounds 2-3-4 in no particular order. Maybe back to at least respectability.

It's hard to say. We already lost a 5th on a RB we don't even intend to lose. First order of business would be to get rid of Caldwell before he can do any more damage with the draft picks that we actually have. I'd test the FA market for a veteran who still has some juice and probably grab a WR in 1st round, unless an elite OT is available. We need to stack up on big-ugly OL men. You can never have too many.

I'd try to trade Ramsey in offseason if someone is willing to give up the farm for him. With our current cap situation, stockpiling draft picks is not a bad thing.

The one key assumption here is that Dave Caldwell has nothing to do with any of the picks we make. That is paramount.

We have an extra 4th iirc, so we don't need that 5th.
You want a first round WR? That seems crazy.
You want to trade Ramsey? That IS crazy.
You want to get rid of Caldwell?? OK... not exactly crazy... but is Tom Coughlin still making the picks in that scenario cuz I'm kinda feeling like he let us down with the whole Fournette and Taven Bryan thing...

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 05:11 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-12-2018, 05:08 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's hard to say. We already lost a 5th on a RB we don't even intend to lose. First order of business would be to get rid of Caldwell before he can do any more damage with the draft picks that we actually have. I'd test the FA market for a veteran who still has some juice and probably grab a WR in 1st round, unless an elite OT is available. We need to stack up on big-ugly OL men. You can never have too many.

We have an extra 4th iirc, so we don't need that 5th.
You want to get rid of Caldwell?? OK... not exactly crazy... but is Tom Coughlin still making the picks in that scenario cuz I'm kinda feeling like he let us down with the whole Fournette and Taven Bryan thing...

We need a #1 WR. We don't currently have one.
Sure, I'd trade him for the farm. I mean, hell, we just traded a #3 pick for a couple mid-round draft picks who had no intention of staying and we had no intention of keeping, so why not look ahead? I don't think its that crazy.

I don't disagree on the TC thing, but its more of a reality that DC will be gone than Khan deciding TC is the problem this early in.

Trade Ramsey? You think we the Raiders?!

Ramsey is elite and you don’t just give away elite talent at an elite position when they’re in their prime.

(11-12-2018, 05:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 05:08 PM)Kane Wrote: We have an extra 4th iirc, so we don't need that 5th.

We need a #1 WR. We don't currently have one.
Sure, I'd trade him for the farm. I mean, hell, we just traded a #3 pick for a couple mid-round draft picks who had no intention of staying and we had no intention of keeping, so why not look ahead? I don't think its that crazy.

I don't disagree on the TC thing, but its more of a reality that DC will be gone than Khan deciding TC is the problem this early in.

Ramsey and Fowler situations aren't even close to the same. Fowler was on his way out this offseason. We can still use the hell out of Ramsey.
I don't disagree that we need a certain "type" of WR. The whole #1 designation thing is way overblown. I honestly think with better QB play Lee, Westbrook, and Chark will be solid.

I just think going RB and WR in round 1 should be done when you're closer than we actually are.
Get your lines solid, get your QB, then add weapons.
We need a OT a RG and one more depth guy on OL
we'll need to retool the DL.
and we need a QB (and TE)
all more than a WR, imo.

(11-12-2018, 05:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Trade Ramsey? You think we the Raiders?!

Ramsey is elite and you don’t just give away elite talent at an elite position when they’re in their prime.

I haven't once proposed we "give him away" without adequate compensation. Everything is for sale. Also, he was elite last year. This year he is above average at best.