Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ridley vs Bryan looking back

If you could do the 2018 draft over again, would you still take Bryan over Ridley?

Let’s say Lee doesn’t go down with that injury, would you still draft Bryan or would you have went for another weapon for Bortles?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 06:42 PM by JackCity.)

(11-12-2018, 06:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you could do the 2018 draft over again, would you still take Bryan over Ridley?

Let’s say Lee doesn’t go down with that injury, would you still draft Bryan or would you have went for another weapon for Bortles?

I would take Lamar/Hernandez, Ridley went before our pick.

If its the whole draft then I'd take Mayfield

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 06:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-12-2018, 06:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you could do the 2018 draft over again, would you still take Bryan over Ridley?

Ridley went before Bryan.  I would of taken Hernandez, Goedert, or Rudolph

Still would have gone O-Line there.

Bryan wasn't even on my radar. There were at least 100 players I would have taken ahead of him. I would've traded back into round 2 and selected Mason Rudolph and O-Line help.

(11-12-2018, 09:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Bryan wasn't even on my radar. There were at least 100 players I would have taken ahead of him. I would've traded back into round 2 and selected Mason Rudolph and O-Line help.

100 players?  Went a bit overboard there.

(11-12-2018, 10:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 09:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Bryan wasn't even on my radar. There were at least 100 players I would have taken ahead of him. I would've traded back into round 2 and selected Mason Rudolph and O-Line help.

100 players?  Went a bit overboard there.

Absolutely not. I had him graded as a 4th rounder. I also had him as a 3 technique only. As a DE, I probably would've rated him even lower.

(11-12-2018, 10:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 100 players?  Went a bit overboard there.

Absolutely not. I had him graded as a 4th rounder. I also had him as a 3 technique only. As a DE, I probably would've rated him even lower.

I agree. I wish we could get that pick back.

(11-12-2018, 06:41 PM)JackCity Wrote:

I would take Lamar/Hernandez, Ridley went before our pick.  

If its the whole draft then I'd take Mayfield
Mayfield is such a stud.

He changes the entire complex of that team.

Personally, I'm in favor of drafting players that were already selected so yes, if we had a redo, I'd select Ridley over Bryan and years ago I probably would have selected Andrew Luck even though the Colts already took him.  Heck, it's worth a shot.  All we would have lost is Justin Blackmon and Taven Bryan.

Next year, we should select Justin Herbert QB Oregon, regardless of where we are picking in the draft.

(11-13-2018, 01:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely not. I had him graded as a 4th rounder. I also had him as a 3 technique only. As a DE, I probably would've rated him even lower.

I agree. I wish we could get that pick back.

You all gonna regret what you said said. Bryan is gonna be a star if you see the way this guy moved at the combine.  It's all about Jaguars coaches developing these players and how bad Bryan wants to be great. The talent is there.

No, because I wouldn't have taken Bryan in the first place.  I very much wanted Will Hernandez at that spot, I think he went 33?

Given the choice of Hernandez over Ridley, I go with the big ugly.

(11-13-2018, 02:46 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 01:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I agree. I wish we could get that pick back.

You all gonna regret what you said said. Bryan is gonna be a star if you see the way this guy moved at the combine.  It's all about Jaguars coaches developing these players and how bad Bryan wants to be great. The talent is there.

Saying the talent is there is just stupid. There are combine warriors every year who impress with their workouts and their movement ability. That doesn't make it translate on the field by any means especially when you consider Taven Bryan's low end production on the field in college. It's how players get overdrafted based on ~potential~ and overlooking real talent on the board. This front office mistakingly thought this team was built and thought they could throw a pick away on a developmental piece.

(11-13-2018, 02:46 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 01:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I agree. I wish we could get that pick back.

Talent means nothing, if you can't make it work for you on the field. I wanna see results. Without results, a player is useless. Statistically, Bryan was not great in college. I don't expect him to be great in the NFL.

(11-12-2018, 10:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 100 players?  Went a bit overboard there.

Lol, says the guy who said McCaffrey wouldnt be good because he is white and that Barkley wouldnt be good.  Your rankings are top notch

I was a slight lean to Goedert over Hernandez at the time of the draft, and I still would be. Both of them >>>> Bryan though.

(11-13-2018, 06:32 PM)Upper Wrote: I was a slight lean to Goedert over Hernandez at the time of the draft, and I still would be. Both of them >>>> Bryan though.

Was my top 2 guys too

Hernandez for sure, i had him in my mock draft. Goedert woulve been great had him as alternate pick in my mock. Lastly Sutton, he isnt killin it but solid, i mean the broncos traded D Thomas cause of the talent Sutton showed and i know Bronco fans absolutely love him

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

(11-13-2018, 05:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 10:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely not. I had him graded as a 4th rounder. I also had him as a 3 technique only. As a DE, I probably would've rated him even lower.

Lol, says the guy who said McCaffrey wouldnt be good because he is white and that Barkley wouldnt be good.  Your rankings are top notch
I wish I could just post the "eyes emoji" 100 times lol

Oline should probably just fess up to that take because it's way to easy to use it against him haha